In A Way...It's A Great Time To Be Alive

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 01:16 pm
Larry434 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
he said, adding the denigrating word Nanny...with clear intentions of being denigrating.......

But of course it was intended so. You are pretty quick on the uptake today. :wink:

]
either that or you are just totally predictable.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 01:22 pm
McGentrix wrote:
How do you mean? Do I think the war in Kosovo was justified? With out a doubt.

Well, then at least you're consistent. I agree with Cyclop that it is an informed electorate's responsibility to question these decisions -- especially since, as you pointed out, the consequences so severe.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 01:23 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Larry434 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
he said, adding the denigrating word Nanny...with clear intentions of being denigrating.......

But of course it was intended so. You are pretty quick on the uptake today. :wink:

]
either that or you are just totally predictable.

That too, I am the same today as yesterday and the day before and as I will be tomorrow. Count on it. :wink:
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 02:04 pm
Larry - Consistancy is a trait many Dems are not accustomed to these days.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 02:11 pm
woiyo wrote:

I beg to differ.... our position in the world...our economy...our personal freedoms.....our feelings of security...the lives of our young soldiers....all consistently f*#ked ever since bush took the oath of office......
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 02:21 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
woiyo wrote:

I beg to differ.... our position in the world...our economy...our personal freedoms.....our feelings of security...the lives of our young soldiers....all consistently f*#ked ever since bush took the oath of office......

To a pessimist maybe.

To an optimist such as myself we are dealing with the adversity visited upon us by those who would do us harm (the terrorists) as well or better than I would expect. I am absolutely amazed they have not been unable to mount another strike on our homeland.

I am equally pleased and amazed that the economy is respoinding to the Bush policies and recovering to the extent it is.

And I am equally pleased that we will have a referendum on how well the Bush administration has done it's job and it's vision for the future in about 5 weeks.

It is indeed a good time to be alive.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 03:12 pm
It's in vogue to be an optimist.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 03:16 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
It's in vogue to be an optimist.

Did not know that...but it is good to be "in vogue". :wink:
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 03:33 pm
In vogue and alive. Good indeed.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 03:56 pm
Larry434 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
woiyo wrote:

To a pessimist maybe.

To an optimist such as myself we are dealing with the adversity visited upon us by those who would do us harm (the terrorists) as well or better than I would expect. I am absolutely amazed they have not been unable to mount another strike on our homeland.

I am equally pleased and amazed that the economy is respoinding to the Bush policies and recovering to the extent it is.

And I am equally pleased that we will have a referendum on how well the Bush administration has done it's job and it's vision for the future in about 5 weeks.

It is indeed a good time to be alive.

optimist my ass....rose colored glasses....the poster boy ....the economy is screwed..... the newly added jobs don't pay as much as the lost ones....fact.

We are even more disliked in the world....fact.

We will have a referendum on apathy, dirty politics and the decline of the American empire if bush wins.....not a fact but certainly my strong belief......
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 05:06 pm
"....the economy is screwed..... the newly added jobs don't pay as much as the lost ones....fact.

We are even more disliked in the world....fact.

We will have a referendum on apathy, dirty politics and the decline of the American empire if bush wins.....not a fact but certainly my strong belief......"

Nothing like a bit of handwringing dispair to brighten the evening. :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 05:47 pm
or head in the sand hide n seek....
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 05:57 pm
Wow, my email reports our stock portfolios went up an average of 4% TODAY!

If that trend continues, I may have to adopt bear's gloom and doom outlook. :wink:
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 01:55 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Interesting. I have a theory about why Dems sometimes start wringing their hands and calling for "peace": They are out of power and they can't stand it.

They are against Bush now, they were against Bush Sr. at the start of Gulf War 1, they were fervent in their opposition against Reagan fighting the Cold War.

Time after time, they have been on the wrong side of history.

I do respect those peace activists who despise any type of warfare; my comments are not related to them. But those Dem who 'protest' every war while a Repub is in office, while cheering every military action Clinton took, are only interested, no, obsessed with, Dems regaining power.

There is a reason that the presidency, both houses of Congress, and most governors are Repub, and you guys can't stand it.......
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:04 am
You know it is not true that dems as you so term us object to every war when a republican is in office. I was for every war since I reached majority besides the Iraq war.

The companies are making profits because they hire fewer people and don't have to pay as much in the context with the natural rising cost of living with fewer benefits so of course your stocks are going to go up slightly.

Stocks mean nothing to the average Joe working a shift and barely has enough money to pay his bills from week to week much less put money into the stock market.

I hope you guys keep on with this trend of saying realities are "handwringings". It will turn the attention of the average voter from flip flops and scary tactics to the real world and the average Joe knows his own situation and there is no way to spin it successfully. It may not work this election, but it will someday.

After 8 years of hearing things like "we are turning the corner on the economy" or "the economy is looking up" surely the public will get fed up with it and want a "change." After all it took 12 years of a republican administration to want a change and "its the economy stupid" really worked. Unfornutely the republicans went to work on Clinton and while the public knew that Clinton was doing a good job as President and they wanted to keep him, they turned the other way in the congress and voted in more neo conservative right wingers. And they have all worked tirelessly to brainwash the American Pubic into this weird religion conservative outlook.

But the tide always turns.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:03 am
I hope you guys keep on with this trend of saying realities are "handwringings". <- Revel

Anyone who disagrees with a conservative is a nay-sayer, a pooh-paher, a chicken little.

They've forgotten what the basic tenets of America are about. Completely. What modern-day conservatives (guess I should say neo-) want has little to do with the ideas and morals of America...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:45 am
...and anyone who disagrees with a liberal is a sheep, incapable of individual thought and selfish. Rolling Eyes

I don't think you could be further from the the truth Cyclops.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 11:36 am
I don't think anyone who disagrees with me is a sheep.

Hell, we liberals are ALL ABOUT disagreeing. Disagreement builds discussion and helps us make positive progress. Hopefully we can come into agreement in the future at some point.

I think there are a certain group of people who agree with each other who happen, in my opinion, to be wrong. But I would still fight and die for their right to have and voice that opinion, at any time, without being called a traitor or told they should leave the country.

THAT'S the difference. Neo-conservatives don't agree with this fundamental right.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 11:38 am
God just told me to remind everyone we're all going to die anyway......
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 11:42 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
God just told me to remind everyone we're all going to die anyway......

Well said, bear. Quite pragmatic. :wink:
0 Replies