In A Way...It's A Great Time To Be Alive

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 08:47 am
We are real live, real time witnesses to the death of a free society and the struggle against it, right in our own yard.....kind of cool actually.....

http://cnn.allpolitics.printthis.clickability.com/pt/cpt?action=cpt&title=CNN.com+-+Networks+balk+at+Bush-Kerry+debate+agreement+-+Sep+29%2C+2004&expire=-1&urlID=11792046&fb=Y&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2004%2FALLPOLITICS%2F09%2F28%2Fdebates.television%2Findex.html&partnerID=2001
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,609 • Replies: 85
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 08:49 am
now it's working...........

http://cnn.allpolitics.printthis.clickability.com/pt/cpt?action=cpt&title=CNN.com+-+Networks+balk+at+Bush-Kerry+debate+agreement+-+Sep+29%2C+2004&expire=-1&urlID=11792046&fb=Y&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2004%2FALLPOLITICS%2F09%2F28%2Fdebates.television%2Findex.html&partnerID=2001
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 09:39 am
Re: In A Way...It's A Great Time To Be Alive

Not in my yard, we are not.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 09:40 am
well no Larry, you support the murder of society as we currently know it......
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 09:43 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
well no Larry, you support the murder of society as we currently know it......

That is a lie, bear, because I do not.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 09:45 am
tsk tsk Larry that is not a lie, it is what I believe about you based on many interactions...don't get so touchy....not pragmatic.....I recognize your right to believe as you please....but as you are so fond of saying everything has its consequence...the consequences of your statements and beliefs made publicly on this forum are that they lead me, and I'm betting others, to believe you would like to see America remade and that you are well pleased with the current direction of it's remaking.....since the death of innocents has been a big part of this prcoess it's only logical to assume you're okay with that as well....there are lots of different kinds of murder....and humans not the only victims....although as humans we will be at the very least indirect victims of the murder of things like individual freedoms, privacy and the privilege of holding ones own beliefs without being subjected to scorn, ridicule, or the loss of individuality of self. IMO
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 10:04 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
tsk tsk Larry that is not a lie, it is what I believe about you based on many interactions...don't get so touchy....not pragmatic.....I recognize your right to believe as you please....but as you are so fond of saying everything has its consequence...the consequences of your statements and beliefs made publicly on this forum are that they lead me, and I'm betting others, to believe you would like to see America remade and that you are well pleased with the current direction of it's remaking.....since the death of innocents has been a big part of this prcoess it's only logical to assume you're okay with that as well....there are lots of different kinds of murder....and humans not the only victims....although as humans we will be at the very least indirect victims of the murder of things like individual freedoms, privacy and the privilege of holding ones own beliefs without being subjected to scorn, ridicule, or the loss of individuality of self. IMO

It is what you choose to believe...no denying that. But I know it to be a lie...no denying that either.

Actually, contrary to wanting to "murder our way of life as we currently know it", I do want to preserve our way of life as we know it under Bush...with a steadfast defense against our enemies and emphasis on individuals casting off their dependence on the federal government to provide for them.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 10:04 am
It's best to ignore the fuana Larry. Once you step in a pile of bear ****, it takes weeks to get the smell off your shoes.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 10:07 am
Quote:
It is what you choose to believe...no denying that. But I know it to be a lie...no denying that either.

Actually, contrary to wanting to "murder our way of life as we currently know it", I do want to preserve our way of life as we know it under Bush...with a steadfast defense against our enemies and emphasis on individuals casting off their dependence on the federal government to provide for them.

Yeah, but let me ask you, Larry: how many innocents have to die to protect your way of life?

The number of dead Iraqis adds up, more and more every day. You should ask yourself if those people really had to die to keep someone from bombing Minnesota...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 10:10 am
Larry434 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

The dictionary defines lie as a sttement intentionally made to decieve. You say there is no denying that I believe what I said....it therfore follows I cannot be lying.

As for you McGentrix........I guess bear **** is irresistable to you....the smell brings you running evidently... :wink:
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 10:10 am
Yeah, but let me ask you, Larry: how many innocents have to die to protect your way of life? [/quote wrote:

I don't know. Throughout our history it has been as many as it takes, has it not?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 10:11 am
Larry434 wrote:
Yeah, but let me ask you, Larry: how many innocents have to die to protect your way of life? [/quote wrote:

I don't know. Throughout our history it has been as many as it takes, has it not?

this would be a great place for the old chestnut "hoisted by his own petard".........and a stick up
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 10:13 am
Quote:

No.

Jesus Christ, what is wrong with you?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 10:15 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Larry434 wrote:

like I said...okay with it.....

Like we have a choice but to fight to maintain our way of life today, as we historically have in the past?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 10:16 am
Larry434 wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, but let me ask you, Larry: how many innocents have to die to protect your way of life?

Not sure, but I do know that throughout our history we have used the 'protecting our way of life' argument to fight to keep slavery and segregation. I think that a 'way of life' is not something that you should kill others to protect. Our freedoms, our rights, democracy, our form of government, the state of our union, those are things worth fighting and dying to protect.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 10:30 am
Really? I seem to remember we used the 'protecting our way of life' arguement to end slavery and segregation, as well as offering our way of life to many, many people who never even knew such a way of life existed.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 10:31 am
Our 'way of life' is not sacrosanct.

It is not a mandate handed down by god.

Innocent Iraqis should not have to die to protect our 'way of life.' There is no moral defense you can come up with for this argument, Larry, other than the fact that you just don't care if others have to die, as long as America gets what it wants.

I'll repeat again. What is wrong with you?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 10:36 am
cyclo that's a rhetorical question right?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 10:37 am
McGentrix wrote:
Really? I seem to remember we used the 'protecting our way of life' arguement to end slavery and segregation, as well as offering our way of life to many, many people who never even knew such a way of life existed.

This would be news to me. The argument in the South against both emancipation and desgregation was that they needed to protect their way of life.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 10:42 am
How many "innocents" DIED during Gulf War 1?

How many innocents died as a result of inaction by the UN during the 10 years of appeasement?

How many inncoents died in Afganistan?

Your choice seems to be appeasement.

You point of view was wrong yesterday, wrong today and eternally wrong. History has proven you wrong.
0 Replies