Endorsement Race 2016

giujohn

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 04:43 pm
@snood,
Well if not Hillary could be afflicted by some horrible terminal condition I guess. I mean I don't believe in God but maybe there is karma...and in that case she's in deep ****.
snood

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 05:31 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Well if not Hillary could be afflicted by some horrible terminal condition I guess. I mean I don't believe in God but maybe there is karma...and in that case she's in deep ****.

And what in your esteemed opinion has Hillary done that would deserve such a horrible death sentence?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 05:38 pm
@snood,
I think giujohn is afflicted by some horrible condition.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 05:42 pm
Las Vegas Sun

full list of endorsements

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2016/oct/22/the-suns-endorsements-for-nov-8-election/
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 05:46 pm
http://ijr.com/2016/10/719747-weeks-before-2016-elections-colorado-paper-issues-unusual-endorsement/
ehBeth

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 05:53 pm
@ehBeth,
http://www.businessinsider.com/hillary-clinton-endorsements-newspaper-editorial-board-president-2016-2016-9/

there are links to Mr. Trump's endorsements on the same page but I'm having trouble grabbing them (our ÍSP is grumpy again)
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 06:02 pm
@ehBeth,
There are so many endorsements by major newspapers across this great land of ours. I like this one:
San Diego Union-Tribune: "This paper has not endorsed a Democrat for president in its 148-year history. But we endorse Clinton. She's the safe choice for the US and for the world, for Democrats and Republicans alike."
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 09:08 pm
@snood,
Caused the death of American ambassador and 3 security personnel...that should do it.
Below viewing threshold (view)
parados

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 05:13 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Caused the death of American ambassador and 3 security personnel...that should do it.

This is where you get off the rails, giujohn. For you to blame Hillary for this is whacko. We have ambassadors and embassies overseas. Sometimes they are attacked. The only way to prevent it is to not have them over there. It was not Hillary's fault. She did not prevent the military from responding. More embassies were attacked and more people killed (including more Americans) when Bush was President and Condi Rice was Secretary of State but you seem to be willing to overlook those facts.

If we use your logic then you would have to argue that it is the fault of the police when someone shoots an officer. After all, if they weren't on the streets no one would be shooting them. The fact that you don't argue that, shows you have no logical argument when it comes to Hillary.
engineer

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 06:34 am
After another weekend of endorsements, we stand at:

Clinton: 184 (including 80 that did not endorse in 2012 and 38 that endorsed Romney)
No Endorsement: 34 (including 21 that endorsed Romney and one that endorsed Johnson in 2012)
Not Trump: 9 (including one that endorsed Obama and two that endorsed Romney in 2012)
Johnson: 6 (including two that endorsed Obama and three that endorsed Romney in 2012)
Trump: 5 (including two that did not endorse in 2012)
Not Clinton: 1

Notable over the weekend were the number of papers supporting Romney in 2012 that decided to support Clinton., the first "Not Clinton" endorsement and the Trump endorsement from Sheldon Adelson's newspaper the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

While a lot of these endorsements don't say anything new, this section from the Cedar Rapids, Iowa endorsement of Clinton is worth a mention.

Quote:
This election has been a wake-up call for voters, many of whom find themselves wondering what to believe. Trump’s apocalyptic visions of the present and future of this country are wrong. We are living in difficult times, but face no challenges that we can’t meet. This is not the end of American ideals and American promise.

But it is a reckoning.

We voters have become complicit in a system that treats politics like a football game or a war to be won at any cost. Politics should be about examination of important public issues, about respectful deliberation, discussion and compromise. Only voters can change that.

The first step is to resist Trump’s selfish attempts to stir up our disillusionment and dissatisfaction into a rage that threatens to have long-term consequences for our country, our communities and our common vision for the future.

The next step it to stay engaged and demand more substantive reforms.

Our current political crisis has been a long time in the making. Resolving it will require electing officials at all levels who wholeheartedly commit to transparency, responsiveness and accountability, and then holding them to those commitments over the long term.

Too many of us think only of about our rights as U.S. citizens. Those rights come with responsibilities. This presidential contest is exactly what it looks like when we neglect to stay informed and allow our democracy to languish. But the answer is not to give in to anger or despair.

Do not throw up your hands and say the game is rigged. Do not put your faith in a candidate who has proved in business and his personal life that he does not have a long-term strategy; that he cannot hold his temper; that he has utter disregard for the common good; that he lacks the basic understanding of governance, public service or what many of us would consider common decency.

It may be tempting to cast a vote simply to punish a political class that in many ways has failed us, but cooler heads must prevail.

The system may be broken, but our democratic republic is worth saving. We know how to do it. We are, in fact, stronger together.
snood

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 08:41 am
@parados,
Thank you. I didn't have the energy.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 11:38 am
@parados,
Thank you, parados. Some people suffer from myopia and ignorance of the facts. Thankfully, it seems most people understand the facts from all the media coverage we've been exposed to.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 11:41 am
@engineer,
Sure would like to know who those 5 were that endorsed Trump, the liar, woman groper, racial bigot, and scammer of people.
engineer

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 11:51 am
@cicerone imposter,
They are:

Santa Barbara News-Press from Santa Barbara, CA
St. Joseph News-Press from St. Joseph, MO
Waxahachie Daily Light from Waxahachie, TX
The Times-Gazette from Hillsboro, OH
Las Vegas Review-Journal from Las Vegas, NV
0 Replies

catbeasy

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 12:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, one of the biggest ironies is that for some reason, Trump folks either think Hillary Clinton is more dangerous than Trump or they think that Trump is essentially honest?

I mean, his supporters seem to think that Trump is essentially honest. That he speaks 'truth to power'? Or something like that? And this because he isn't a Washington politician?

That they think that Trump is an honest person because he is a Washington outsider is really quite funny in the worst way. That they don't recognize that, while being an outsider is correct, he is still a politician and as far as demagoguery and lies go, a good one. He possesses all those qualities in a politician he professes to hate. He reminds me of a wife beater who is disgusted by the wife beater character in a movie.

His supporters simply cannot see that he is first and foremost for himself. And if Clinton is also, she is at least less so and less dangerous, less everything negative..The choice is so easy, but no less disappointing..

0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 12:17 pm
@parados,
600 requests for upgraded security were ignored...600... and the buck stops with Billary. She was purposely trying to give Obammy political cover before the election...down playing the threat. She should eat prison food the rest of her life.
giujohn

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 12:21 pm
@snood,

Quote:
Re: parados (Post 6290883)
Thank you. I didn't have the energy

Wow... I didn't know being a security guard was that taxting.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 12:25 pm
@giujohn,
Laughing
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 07:40 am
@giujohn,
Like I said. By your logic all police shootings are the fault of the police.
0 Replies