Sean Hannity is a Bully and a Boor

dyslexia

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 05:32 pm
commies?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 05:54 pm
Quote:
Actually, I've seen some liberal guests go absolutely apeshit and expose themselves for the commies that they are, so I guess the formula works to some extent.

Um, I think we're talking about hosts here, not guests. And besides, the liberals who pretend they're conservatives who get on shows like Hannity, Limbaugh, and the rest, generally keep it mellow so that the idiots hosts THEMSELVES go absolutely, as you put it, "apeshit" and "expose themselves for the neofascist liars that they are."

It's a formula they've been perfecting for a while now...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 05:59 pm
Hannity is a one-trick dipshit. If a perceived "enemy of the right" makes any good point, he attacks their character rather than what they say, usually by pulling out some quote or other that the person said, out of context, usually from at least ten years in the past.

It plays well to simpletons.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 06:04 pm
So...Kicky and Dookie (lol)...sorry, those names make me grin. Anyway...why is it, do you suppose, that there are no liberal talk shows that garner the ratings of Fox, etal?

Any ideas?

Could it be that no one would watch? LOL.

(Oh, yeah...Kicky will say we're all "simpletons")
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 06:14 pm
Yeah, that must be it, JustWonders. Rolling Eyes

So you equate good ratings with intelligence? Why don't you go back to your "Who's the Boss?" tapes and get back to us on that one.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though, and assume that you're trying to divert the issue, which is that Hannity is a simplistic hack.

Go on, tell us more about your theory that because a TV show is popular must mean it's filled with intelligent and thoughtful ideas.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 06:18 pm
Oh......that's why there are no liberal talk-shows on TV or radio LOL. Even though they would be intelligent and thoughtful, they wouldn't be popular and therefore no one would watch.

Smile

PS Don't be mean and hateful to posters, Kicky, with whom you don't agree. And...choke...put that thing out LOL.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 06:19 pm
No, to everything you just said. Smile

There, now that wasn't mean and hateful, was it? (blows smoke in JustWonders' face)
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 06:22 pm
LOL...cough.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 06:54 pm
Lone Voice said:

"This is why libs like you scare conservatives like me so much. People like you in power would put people like me in camps.

And you would call it what, re-education?"

You're completely paranoid.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 06:56 pm
Your fear of camps is known as Kumbayaphobia.

There have been no known deaths from either Rhubarb poisoning or singing Kumbaya.

A little time at camp would do us all some good.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 08:49 pm
Quote:
This is why libs like you scare conservatives like me so much. People like you in power would put people like me in camps.

Boy, talk about paranoid.

Actually, we've been in power, and when we were, we had a surplus, the longest peacetime expansion in the history of the country, the lowest unemployment, respect around the world, and the only thing to worry about was really wsa lying about a BJ and a subsequent and hysterical impeachment.

Lest we forget, terrorism has only gotten worse, 9/11 happened, the deficits are souring, the poor are getting poorer, our environment is being destroyed, corruption is running amock in the White House, and the country is being submitted to an onslaught of fear from the Bushies.

And guess who's president now?

Camps? LOL!!!!
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 12:16 am
Actually, wasn't Clinton a 'New Democrat'? He and other moderates in the Democratic Party weaned the party away from the left-wing zealots, and governed more from the middle. Clinton's politics are actually closer to me then the left-wing of the Democratic Party. Ironic, ain't it?

But do tell, Dookie, what this has to do with pad and others on this forum wishing away the 1st amendment?

Some of the most militant people I have met in my travels are left-wing nut jobs, who tend to be absolute in their thoughts and actions and quash any kind of discussion or dissent.

Yep, they come from the right too. But then again, I haven't seen many right-side posters wishing someone beat for expressing an opinion.

And yes, people who wear their politics as a religion scare the crap out of people like me. Just imagine an America run by pad and the like, what with their respect for free speech and all.....
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 03:34 am
JustWonders wrote:
why is it, do you suppose, that there are no liberal talk shows that garner the ratings of Fox, etal?

but wait, jw... i thought that every other network but fox was the liberal media???

make up your mind, wouldya, cuz yer making me nuts here!!!

flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 07:07 am
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
JustWonders wrote:
why is it, do you suppose, that there are no liberal talk shows that garner the ratings of Fox, etal?

but wait, jw... i thought that every other network but fox was the liberal media???

flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...flip flop...

I said talk-shows. You know as well as I do that there is no counterpart to O'Reilly or Hannity or similar shows because they would have no audience. Air America? From what I hear, they are dissolving as I type this.

What the liberal left spews is not what the average American cares to listen to. Unfortunately for the Dems, they're not interested in asking why this is. The answer is in the question, but they're too blinded by hatred to see it.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 08:26 am
It's possible that Democrats have more integrity, better manners, and more respect for the American intellect than to turn out talk shows like O'Reilly and Hannity which play to public fears and emotions.
0 Replies

coachryan

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 08:48 am
JustWonders wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
JustWonders wrote:

I said talk-shows. You know as well as I do that there is no counterpart to O'Reilly or Hannity or similar shows because they would have no audience. Air America? From what I hear, they are dissolving as I type this.

What the liberal left spews is not what the average American cares to listen to. Unfortunately for the Dems, they're not interested in asking why this is. The answer is in the question, but they're too blinded by hatred to see it.

It's definately true that the liberals didn't even get in the starting blocks until the conservatives had finished a lap or two in the opiniontainment industry but they are catching up. Air America and its shows have expanded to 35 stations nationwide in the last 6 months since they've gone on the air, and they're adding more every day. They're also very competitive in ratings with shows like Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly, in many markets beating them nearly 2 to one.

So, yes you see alot of ligitimate liberal talk shows and politics shows, but they're Purely about information and debate, not the Bread and Circus that Fox releases to the public.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 09:23 am
Quote:
It's possible that Democrats have more integrity, better manners, and more respect for the American intellect than to turn out talk shows like O'Reilly and Hannity which play to public fears and emotions.

BINGO! And despite JustWonder's ill-informed false assumption that liberal talk radio was dissolving as he/she was typing their last post, they just added another station in S.F., making the total 33 nationwide, and they are beating both Limbaugh and O'Reilly in markets that they used to dominate. This is classic neoconservative propoganda talking points, and it is standard fair for the rightwing talk radio circuit.

And, as FreeDuck so correctly pointed out, the difference between rightwing and leftwing talk radio is pointedly clear. Rightwingers use fear, lies, obvuscation, and anger to scare their listeners into utter submission. Leftwingers are just starting to point it all out to the American people.

There's a reason why Rush's crowd are called "dittoheads." A person who says "ditto" is a person who cannot think for themself.

And JustWonders points that out to us on a daily basis here via the rhetoric and ill-informed comments like "from what I hear, they are dissolving as I type this."

Where is that source from which you hear, JustWonders? Your head?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 09:30 am
neo-this, neo-that. That's the best ya' got?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 09:32 am
Quote:
There's a reason why Rush's crowd are called "dittoheads." A person who says "ditto" is a person who cannot think for themself.

Don't say 'can not'; say 'chooses not to.'

It's even worse if ya think about it, but probably much closer to reality.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 09:42 am
cjhsa:

I believe there is a difference between a classic conservative and a neoconservative (just ask John McCain). Based on your subjectivity, I can imagine it's much harder to do the political math. The same can be applied to a far leftwinger liberal and a centrist.

As the neoconservatives are bankrupting the country with whopping deficits and massive spending coupled with tax breaks in a time of war, they clearly demonstrate a major ideological departure from what Republican conservatives have been railing against (and blaming Democrats for) for decades.

I believe that someone without the intellectual capacity to see things more objectively truly cannot think for themselves. I also believe that there are those who may be more intelligent but simply choose not to think for themselves as well.
0 Replies