Irony

dlowan

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 03:01 pm
NOW I am stung! Attack my country, if you will, but attack my puns and I rouse and stir as life were in me! Give me a bodkin that I may avenge the disdain done to the noble pun!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 03:48 pm
Oh goody . . . hey, Cunning Coney, are ya gonna a quietus make?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 03:52 pm
What a can o'worms has been opened here! Gosh. Don't know whether to get involved or stay on the sidelines and watch the commotion. Oh, what the heck...

I'm with farmerman re puns. They tend to derail discussion. I've a friend who loves to do this. Of course, he takes nothing seriously, not a bad way to go through life, I suppose...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 03:54 pm
I am sure he is very punny!

A quietus make? Not hardly likely! More like a dinnus!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 04:04 pm
I REST MY CASE.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 04:08 pm
LOL!!!! Not on my furry buns, you don't!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 04:10 pm
The Cunning Coney was a little melodramatic with the bare bodkin, not really a ham, though, just a hamlette.

D'Artagnan wreckons the discussion was derailed.

Personally, i wish we could irony this all out, and go home.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 05:34 am
A punster of me own heart!
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 09:23 am
I think the responses of Setanta and the Musketeer were exemplary. As a Brit first and a European second there is no doubt some truth in the fact that certain Europeans are dismissive of american tourists, please do not tar us all with the same brush. Most Brits I know go out of their way to be courteous and hospitable to our friends from the states. Many of my best friends are americans and I am proud to call them so. We Brits have more issues with Europe than the States at the moment, I read yesterday that many French women are not sending their children on exchange program visits to the UK as we are warmongers. I reckon at least 70% if not more of Brits do not want war with anyone.

Farmerman, I respect your right to your views and to express them, there is really no need to shout. It detracts from your argument and your remarks are ad hominem, which is not in the general spirit of a2k, which is a fine forum for exchange of different views and opinions. If you look up you will see the stars, there is no need to condemn your words to the gutter.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 02:23 pm
oh dear - I thought he was being ironic...Farmerman, I mean...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 04:12 pm
many apologies. I wasnt shouting, Im having trubble with my laptop, the caps lock mysteriously kicks in very often. I had it fixed a week ago, obviously got nothing. The tech will be back soon. I didnt mean that all punsters are mass murderers, heavens no. I actually meant that most all serial killers are drawn to puns. Trust me, if I go ad hominem, I usually pick a target, if youve ever seen my posts at abuzz. That comment about mass murderers had no target. It was a line merely shooting off in space.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 04:17 pm
Golly, farmerman, serial killers drawn to puns? I'd always thought punsters were mostly harmless buffoons, but this is different. Must give this some thought. I know some punsters!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 05:06 pm
um well i usually like puns and i have never been to mass, i'm not even catholic.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 09:24 am
Harmless Buffoons! You have provoked the Bunny!!!!!
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 09:46 am
The bunny wabbit is going bright red
So be very careful how you tread
She'll unleash a pun
That'll leave you undone
And awfully pleased that you've fled
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 09:50 am
Fly, Fleance, fly!!!!

Cry havoc, and unleash the dogs of war!

The bow is bent and drawn, make from the shaft.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 09:59 am
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 03:07 pm
YEH< AND YOUR EARS ARE FUNNY

I MUST WARN YOU THAT I AM A 4TH DEGREE FARMER FU .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 04:21 pm
whatever that is, it is no match against a kalashnikov!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 04:59 pm
Farmer-fu embodies the choo. The spirit of the machine , and it allows the student of the way of choo to peacefully whack attackers by means of large waffle shaped indentations emplaced by ten ton machinery. choo-choo. I will not provoke the bunny, too much lactic acid in the bunny muscle makes it less flavorful.
wow, 70 posts and I still have no smilie defecit
0 Replies