12
   

Labeling Millions of People

 
 
Randy71
 
Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 09:34 am
Hillary Clinton said that half of Trump's supporters are deplorable and that they're racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. She had no right to say that. She judged and labeled people who she knows nothing about. She went too far. She should be ashamed of herself for saying such awful things about millions of people. I would not stoop so low as to judge and label people who I don't even know. I'm a Trump supporter but I won't label Hillary's supporters.

I won't label Hillary's supporters because I know nothing about them and I don't have the right to judge them. I know nothing about Hillary's supporters but I do know about Hillary. She is prejudice. I wish that labeling and judging those people was the only incident of her bigotry but there have been others. I have a message for Hillary: "Before you judge any other innocent people, you should take a good look at yourself but you'll probably puke when you do".
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 3,919 • Replies: 52

 
maxdancona
 
  4  
Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 10:05 am
@Randy71,
Quote:
She should be ashamed of herself for saying such awful things about millions of people. I would not stoop so low as to judge and label people who I don't even know. I'm a Trump supporter but I won't label Hillary's supporters.


How do you feel about Mexicans and Muslims?
0 Replies
 
maporsche
 
  4  
Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 10:12 am
@Randy71,
Randy71 wrote:

Hillary Clinton said that half of Trump's supporters are deplorable and that they're racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. She had no right to say that. She judged and labeled people who she knows nothing about. She went too far. She should be ashamed of herself for saying such awful things about millions of people. I would not stoop so low as to judge and label people who I don't even know. I'm a Trump supporter but I won't label Hillary's supporters.

I won't label Hillary's supporters because I know nothing about them and I don't have the right to judge them. I know nothing about Hillary's supporters but I do know about Hillary. She is prejudice. I wish that labeling and judging those people was the only incident of her bigotry but there have been others. I have a message for Hillary: "Before you judge any other innocent people, you should take a good look at yourself but you'll probably puke when you do".



Statistically speaking, based on current polling, she was mostly correct (depending on how you measure whom is a Trump supporter).
0 Replies
 
DrewDad
 
  9  
Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 10:39 am
@Randy71,
Randy71 wrote:

Hillary Clinton said that half of Trump's supporters are deplorable and that they're racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. She had no right to say that.

Pretty sure the 1st amendment applies to her....

Randy71 wrote:
She judged and labeled people who she knows nothing about.

Actually, we know quite a bit about the folks who support Trump.

Randy71 wrote:
She went too far.

I think she chose her words poorly. Trump brings out the worst in people, and she should have focused on how he's legitimizing these deplorable attitudes.

maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 11:01 am
@DrewDad,
I do not believe that Hillary chose her words poorly. She knew exactly what she was doing when she said that half of Trump's supporters were deplorables. It was carefully planned, and probably focus group tested before she said it.

And it was far from a mistake. It was pretty tactically brilliant. Did you see Mike Pence trying to answer if David Duke was deplorable or not? Now we are having two weeks of conversation about whether Trumps supporters are bigots or not at a key point in the election. This tactic is targeted toward winning the educated White male demographic, a key demographic that typically leans Republican but can be reached by Clinton.

This was no blunder.
maporsche
 
  3  
Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 11:03 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I do not believe that Hillary chose her words poorly. She knew exactly what she was doing when she said that half of Trump's supporters were deplorables. It was carefully planned, and probably focus group tested before she said it.

And it was far from a mistake. It was pretty tactically brilliant. Did you see Mike Pence trying to answer if David Duke was deplorable or not?

This was no blunder.




She'd also said the same line several times in last couple weeks. The only addition she made this time was assigning a % to her statement. That's the only thing I'd consider poorly planned.
0 Replies
 
Fil Albuquerque
 
  1  
Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 11:21 am
@Randy71,
Labelled millions of what ?
engineer
 
  1  
Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 11:22 am
@maxdancona,
Yes, there is no way that line wasn't planned in its entirety. This is not Romney speaking to a small select group without reporters who he had every reason to believe agreed with him, this is Clinton speaking off prepared notes to a general audience including the press. I think Max has it right. There is a small but not insignificant group of people who don't consider themselves racist but are considering Trump and Clinton wanted to bring that choice into sharper focus.
0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 12:26 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I do not believe that Hillary chose her words poorly. She knew exactly what she was doing when she said that half of Trump's supporters were deplorables. It was carefully planned, and probably focus group tested before she said it.

And it was far from a mistake. It was pretty tactically brilliant. Did you see Mike Pence trying to answer if David Duke was deplorable or not? Now we are having two weeks of conversation about whether Trumps supporters are bigots or not at a key point in the election. This tactic is targeted toward winning the educated White male demographic, a key demographic that typically leans Republican but can be reached by Clinton.

This was no blunder.



If both candidates talked about really serious subjects relating to the state of the Union, and international affairs, where would the entertainment value be? In my opinion, the campaign might be coming close to a Johnny Carson beiginning of the show monologue. ...AND HERE'S ____________!
PUNKEY
 
  1  
Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 01:06 pm
Personally I think her remarked backfired. It entrenched those undecided voters leaning towards Trump.

I have never been called for a poll and I dont know anyone who has so Im not sure where they are getting the respondents in order to make statements using % numbers of believers.
0 Replies
 
cicerone imposter
 
  4  
Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 01:06 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Trump is a textbook racist and xenophobe. His history shows his discrimination against blacks; not renting to them, and paying for a full page ad to execute five innocent blacks. He wants to ban all Muslims from entering this country. He wants to build a wall between the US and Mexico.

How can anyone defend Trump?
0 Replies
 
InfraBlue
 
  3  
Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 01:45 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

If both candidates talked about really serious subjects relating to the state of the Union...


A great many people consider racism a really serious subject relating to the state of the Union.
Fil Albuquerque
 
  2  
Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 01:52 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Labelled millions of what ?


...wait wait let me pot shot at this thread properly with this one...cause this guy puts the finger where it hurts and called statistical facts about those "people"...

0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 01:51 am
@Randy71,
She should never have referred them as 'people' that's an insult to all humanity. Deplorable is putting it mildly, they're a bunch of racist lowlifes.
woiyo
 
  0  
Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 06:07 am
@izzythepush,
You people are continue to amaze me with your commentary. This is a sad commentary when people of differing opinions can't not debate issues when one side just attacks them personally.

You should be ashamed of yourself, but I am sure you will come back with some cleaver comment.
izzythepush
 
  3  
Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 06:12 am
@woiyo,
There was plenty of chances to be ashamed, when Trump attacked Mexicans, women and black people, when he talked of building a wall with Mexico and when he got the support of the KKK.

The fact that no shame was forthcoming shows Clinton was bang on the nail when she called half his supporters deplorable, they are. They're also a bunch of whiny crybabies, very good at dishing it out, but crying foul when right minded people express their disgust.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 06:17 am
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:
This is a sad commentary when people of differing opinions can't not debate issues


That's a sad comment on the state of education in America.

woiyo wrote:

You should be ashamed of yourself, but I am sure you will come back with some cleaver comment.


You mean something like, this is a pretty good cleaver?
http://cdn.cutleryandmore.com/products/large/4099.jpg
It is btw.
Finn dAbuzz
 
  0  
Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 10:47 am
@Randy71,
There are some people who are not content with strongly disagreeing with their fellow Americans, they have to hate them.

I don't want to imagine what it takes to arouse them in bed at night.

cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 10:50 am
@izzythepush,
If our country's educational system is so bad, why is it that many foreign students attend our premier colleges? Harvard, Stanford, UC Berkeley, MIT, CIT, UCLA, Cal Poly ...... Even our state universities have many foreign students.
Our country represents only 5% of the world population, but we are the richest in this world. Many skilled foreign workers come to this country for jobs, especially in our hi tech industry.
woiyo
 
  0  
Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 12:23 pm
@izzythepush,
He NEVER attacked Mexicans....only illegal immigrants
He NEVER attacked Women or Black people
He NEVER accepted the support of KKK
He DOES NOT want to build a wall WITH Mexico. We will build a wall to protect our border.

Therefore, all your assertions are based upon lies. That is something Clinton is good at.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Labeling Millions of People
Copyright © 2017 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/21/2017 at 09:58:52