Labeling Millions of People

Foofie

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 12:56 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Foofie wrote:

If both candidates talked about really serious subjects relating to the state of the Union...

A great many people consider racism a really serious subject relating to the state of the Union.

Not that your're wrong, but I tend to look upon racism as a societal concern; meaning, sociologists need to be commissioned to study it, and report what ways to deal with it. Those with no doctorette in sociology may just be pontificating, in my opinion.

I don't know how you define racism, but if it includes groups other than Blacks and/or Hispanics, I would think other groups that are treated with less societal concern could just stop becoming doctors or scientists or professors? For example Jews, Italians, Irish, Asians, Indians (from India). (Read SARCASTIC.) If one is intellectually honest there are still efforts by WASP's, in my opinion, to ensconce themselves in fairly exclusive developments that find ways to dissuade some other groups ("out groups" in sociology) from wanting to live there. It can be done in subtle ways too, like the name of a development, or apartment building that can be subtly offensive or at least alienating.
woiyo

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 01:13 pm
@Foofie,
One does not need a PHD to tell me the obvious answer to racism. People have to look at people as people, not separate them into groups like the politicians and PHD's like to do.
maporsche

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 01:20 pm
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:
One does not need a PHD to tell me the obvious answer to racism. People have to look at people as people, not separate them into groups like the politicians and PHD's like to do.

Oh, that's all?? Whew, I'm glad you've solved the race problem in the US (and likely the world).

It's all governments fault, check.
Setanta

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 01:22 pm
@maporsche,
Don't forget the intellectual elites, they're behind any problems not created by government.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 02:13 pm
@maporsche,
And what is your prescription?

Does it involve the efforts of the government or PhDs?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 02:23 pm
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

In my opinion, too simplistic, since while some people do look at me like a person, they see a person to whom that they, at best, are alienated. Did you ever see the Woody Allen movie Annie Hall? In one classic scene where Woody is invited to visit Annie Hall's family, he is sitting at the dinner table, and Annie's aged grandmother looks at Woody and seems to just see a long bearded orthodox Jew who she seems to show a great deal of alienation towards. Yes, we're all people, but growing up in our respective socialization paradigms, it leaves us with a distaste for some others, oftentimes. Let's just say Christianity did not really solve the world's problems. Did other religions?
Foofie

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 02:24 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Don't forget the intellectual elites, they're behind any problems not created by government.

And, what might that be a codeword for?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 02:29 pm
@Foofie,
Every once and a while it's not about Jews and goyim.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 03:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Despite all that you've got an electorate who might just put a dangerous huckster like Trump in the Whitehouse.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 03:19 pm
@izzythepush,
According to the electoral college, it's impossible for Trump to win this election.

REVISE: I was wrong.
http://hotair.com/archives/2016/09/16/politico-trump-broken-hillarys-electoral-college-lock/
izzythepush

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 02:30 am
@cicerone imposter,
And the Titanic was unsinkable. I won't be happy until Clinton secures the vote.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 08:35 am
@maporsche,
Yep, Even MLK figured that out 50 years ago. No one listened then.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 02:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Every once and a while it's not about Jews and goyim.

Well, I'll concede that when its an American loving Protestant is doing the talking, but my suspicions are raised when some others have an opinion. You see my belief, paranoid or not, that only Protestants truly feel that this is the end of the road for them, and America is their only identity; and therefore, any talented demographic is just a benefit for America. Not all faiths feel that way, getting back to my belief that Europe first had to mostly believe, en masse, that Jews were "expendable" and therefore making it easy to "cow" Europeans with the atrocities of the Holocaust. And guess who were the authors of Jewish expendability. Let's just keep it our little secret. God bless the Reformation.
Foofie

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 02:32 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Despite all that you've got an electorate who might just put a dangerous huckster like Trump in the Whitehouse.

"Huckster"? You mean like brainwashing the masses to get all googly eyed for pomp and circumstance?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 08:55 am
@Foofie,
God Bless the Jewish
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 09:03 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Well, I'll concede that when its an American loving Protestant is doing the talking, but my suspicions are raised when some others have an opinion. You see my belief, paranoid or not, that only Protestants truly feel that this is the end of the road for them, and America is their only identity; and therefore, any talented demographic is just a benefit for America. Not all faiths feel that way, getting back to my belief that Europe first had to mostly believe, en masse, that Jews were "expendable" and therefore making it easy to "cow" Europeans with the atrocities of the Holocaust. And guess who were the authors of Jewish expendability. Let's just keep it our little secret. God bless the Reformation.
Marin Luther named his new Church "evangelical" (evangelisch), but he was called by the Catholics as "protestant" (Protestant).
Luther is well known for his his virulent anti-Jewish statements and writings - but he just was a child of his period, I think.
Foofie

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 12:04 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Foofie wrote:
Marin Luther named his new Church "evangelical" (evangelisch), but he was called by the Catholics as "protestant" (Protestant).
Luther is well known for his his virulent anti-Jewish statements and writings - but he just was a child of his period, I think.

I thought that at first Luther thought all the Jews would flock to this new focus of Christianity; however, when Jews seemed to feel that the original version of Christianity is what they usually wanted, his friendliness changed.

Yes, he was a protest-ant.

If anyone wants to know whether Jews will embrace another faith en masse, one need only remember that the Egyptian Pharohs referred to them as "stiff necked Hebrews."
Foofie

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 12:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

God Bless the Jewish

Let's not get maudlin.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 12:16 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
I thought that at first Luther thought all the Jews would flock to this new focus of Christianity; however, when Jews seemed to feel that the original version of Christianity is what they usually wanted, his friendliness changed.
Actually, at first he was what easily could be called 'anti-Semitic' today, only later (from 1525 onward) he became a bit more 'friendly'.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 12:21 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I had the opportunity to visit Martin Luther's home in Wittenberg, but that was many decades ago. It's when we met, and you took me to see Beethoven's home. Do you remember what year that was?