Would you leave it if you didn't love it?

cavfancier

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 11:08 am
edgar, do you really think Paris Hilton's career will last that long?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 11:14 am
I honestly know next to nothing about this Hilton Paris dude.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 11:17 am
Good for you edgar, it's really not worth talking about. More trash from the American media being dumped on their once friendly neighbours to the north. If you feel inclined, you can Google 'The Simple Life', which I watched two minutes of and then needed to vomit. As for the election, yeah, I think in the end it will be much ado about nothing really. The country will survive.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 11:43 am
Ain't goin' nowhere no time soon.
No matter who's elected.

Wouldn't mind living abroad for while, tho. Maybe stay at that Paris Hilton everyone's talking about.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 12:20 pm
The simple life is used to remind people that being rich has nothing to do with being smart. It's like the Red Green show, just silly fun.
0 Replies

coachryan

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 12:46 pm
It is possible to love it and leave it. You saw this with germany in WW2
and some Russians during the cold war. Most recently you could look at Many Afgans who were living in this country and moved back to Afganistan during the war.

Personally, I might. If I thought things were getting bad enough, If it seemed to me that our real or percieved imperialism was bad enough that it seemed that the rest of the world was preparing to do something about it. Or If I got to the point where, what I feel is becoming an Econocracy, threatened my ability to support my family.

just my 2 cents...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 12:54 pm
I would like to move to Canada. It is a beautiful country and I have always found Canadians to be proud of and take care of their country rather than just give lip service to it.

I am genuinely frightened by the direction the USA has taken and greatly fear what will happen with four more years of bush.

Haivng said that, squinney won't leave, I am lacking in the education and special skills that would allow me quality of life starting over at my age. If I were 25 I'd be out.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 01:13 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
The nation survived the Civil War. It can survive an idiot for another four years.

Yeah, I agree. Germany survived a psychotic idiot after WWII. I guess we could survive a neurotic idiot for four years, after all, we've survived 4 years already. Most of us survived anyway.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 01:15 pm
Oh, we might survive, but Freedom? She's in trouble these days...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 01:20 pm
Only for criminals Cycloptichorn.

Freedom is in no danger except in the back halls of liberal conspiracies where the fevered imaginings of mad men compare Bush with Hitler.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 01:23 pm
cue the Toby Keith and Lee Greenwood...more flags......some more bunting for the platform please......
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 02:38 pm
McGentrix wrote:
The simple life is used to remind people that being rich has nothing to do with being smart. It's like the Red Green show, just silly fun.

That's a good analysis. Still, I can't watch either. It's strange, being Canadian, I really want to like Red Green, and I have many friends who love the show, but I cannot get into it. Corner Gas is another story however. I think that show is hilarious. http://www.cornergas.com/

I also love Tralier Park Boys. http://www.showcase.ca/trailerparkboys/
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 02:40 pm
Cav back in the day I was a legendary waiter.....can I come to Toronto and work for you?

You can tell people I'm your house goy......
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 02:46 pm
Laughing House goy, I love it. Sadly, I have no work, unless you just want to freelance. I only hire independent contractors.

I have it on apocryphal evidence that Joe Lieberman used to be called 'house goy' as a joke at Skull and Bones meetings.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 05:29 pm
I do believe our democracy is in trouble. I am waiting to see if enough people will eventually wake up to how the Republican/military/industrial folks are usurping our freedoms and how they will be met when they decide to vote to rectify things. Will there be an open coup or will the people prevail?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 05:32 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I do believe our democracy is in trouble. I am waiting to see if enough people will eventually wake up to how the Republican/military/industrial folks are usurping our freedoms and how they will be met when they decide to vote to rectify things. Will there be an open coup or will the people prevail?

Liberals have said this every time there is a war. I'll bet you could find something similar during the civil war, WW1, WW2, Korea, and Viet Nam, yet the country has survived and we are just as free.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 05:34 pm
McGentrix wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

Liberals have said this every time there is a war. I'll bet you could find something similar during the civil war, WW1, WW2, Korea, and Viet Nam, yet the country has survived and we are just as free.

a matter of opinion......
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 05:36 pm
Well, what else would it be?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 06:17 pm
Just as free? Sigh ...
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 06:21 pm
I hear Canada and a couple other places are there others?
0 Replies