How do I talk to a boy I like for the first time

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 07:50 pm
I wanna talk to this boy I like since it doesn't seem like he will make the first move. The only thing is I don't know how to. I'm a very shy person and have almost never gone up to a guy myself to talk to them. He seems very shy as well since he is always alone. There have been several occasions where I would be able to say hi but my nerves have gotten the best of me. Any advice on how to approach him would help! Smile

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 09:21 pm
just smile and say hi, and do it every time you see him.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 06:34 am
@Erinmuchlinski,
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/ff/2a/13/ff2a131e8ed0ffc8b08d7a3be3afef7a.jpg

Seriously though, not knowing your ages makes it tough - but in my experience boys are generally infinitely more cowardly in these situations.
0 Replies

Elina221

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 06:41 am
@Erinmuchlinski,
Don't get nerves, just say hi to him or you can only give a smile to him for some day. then he will definitely reply you back with some words.
hingehead

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 04:43 pm
@Elina221,
Or break out in a cold sweat and lie awake at night wondering "Does she like me or not even know I exist?"
0 Replies

tony5732

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 08:30 pm
@Erinmuchlinski,
1. Write phone number on paper.
2. Give paper to guy.

0 Replies

High Strangeness

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2016 03:44 pm
Erinmuchlinski said- "I'm a very shy person and have almost never gone up to a guy myself to talk to them"
-----------------------------------------

I can sympathise. I was madly in love with a girl at school 40 years ago but daren't talk to her, so I decided to try my very hardest to get up the nerve to speak to her.
I'm still trying..
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2016 10:15 pm
@Erinmuchlinski,
Watch the DVD of "We Bought A Zoo". Matt Damon's take on the matter is "Sometimes all it takes is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just twenty seconds..."

"Hi, haven't I seen you around? I'm Jennifer" (obviously you customize this line if you aren't a Jennifer), and you stick out your hand for him to shake, which he will if he's not a complete boob. If he is, all you've lost is twenty seconds of your life, and you've actually done it, and it'll be much easier next time.
0 Replies

Juliedespino

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2016 03:14 am
@Erinmuchlinski,
Don't feel shy. Go and directly approach him. first start the conversation with small things.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 02:28 pm
Possibly a little humor can assist, pass him a folded small note saying inside, "Hi, I'm shy, my name is ________"
0 Replies