I'm new here, need advice

PamO

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 04:16 pm
time to shave the legs, spray a little perfume around, put on some secret, and brush the teeth, a/c!

good luck! Wink
0 Replies

A-C0810

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 09:32 am
Hi everyone, thanks for sticking with me, i think i am going crazy.

Well he did call last nite about 8pm. Yes, he was working about an hour from here.

He said, "Whats up". I guess he though something had broke here.

I said "Well you know its the local fair here this weekend, there is a demoliton derby, was wondering if you wanted to go. Its Saturday nite at 8PM.

He said "I cant, I will be working, all my worker/helpers have gone away for the weekend and I am left on my own".

I said "Oh, ok, maybe some other time, but stop by then when you get a chance. He said "I will". Ok, i will let you go, Bye

So now i will just sit back and wait.

I will keep you all posted
Thanks so much all
A/C0810
0 Replies

td8181

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 11:47 am
It is OK, that doesn't mean he not interested, maybe he really busy that weekend.
In order to find out if he interested or not, try next week. Obviously he cannot be busy EVERY WEEK right?
Try it for next week or maybe a week after that, and if he still say he busy then I guess he not interested, but cheers up, He called you back.
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 02:09 pm
hey a/c- way to go, you brave woman, you!

yeah, now just play it cool.
0 Replies

A-C0810

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 05:31 pm
Hi all

Well i do have another idea.

Since I do know that he works late hours and is probably too tired for socializing then. I thought maybe when I do eventually see him, i would say....................I know your busy working late in the evenings, so how about letting me cook you breakfast.

Or is that just dumb?

thanks again as always
A/C0810
0 Replies

Tidewaterbound

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 05:49 pm
A/C

That would indeed be a bald statement and he would then realize your intentions without the subtle references.

You can certainly put it on the table, so to speak, but then you'll be waiting. This could either be a good move or one that leaves you sans a good Mr. Fixit.

Hope your choice works out for you.
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 06:19 pm
Uh oh. We've created a monster. Smile

That would be bold. Well, I'd be a little more subtle, but that's definitly an idea.

I wonder what the guys hangin' around here think.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 09:08 pm
I already said what I think. A lot of people working in the trades have situations occur, and some of them learn to be somewhat avoidant of it, re their business. Or maybe he is really very busy. Or shy. Or just being polite. Or about to be thrilled. Hard to begin to guess from here.
0 Replies

A-C0810

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 06:20 am
Hi everyone

I dont think he is reluctant because of his trade/business. We are in the country, things here are way way way laid back. We just moved here just over a year ago. I lived my whole life in a big city.

Trust me, things are very different here. In the city i would have totally agreed with you ossobucko.

My neigbour says i am too much in a hurry. Give him some time.

I dont think I mentioned this. One of the times I did see him, we spoke about the workshop/garage I have on my property. Since husband has left us, this garage is now vacant. He said he had no garage to work on stuff. I said well, if you need a garage its there.

He said he that would be good, I could rent it from you. I will give you $200 a month rent.

If this happens, at least I may see him sometime.

My husband still has alot of crap in there, i told him to start cleaning it out and remove his junk. He said, well you have to give me some time, to figure out what i am going to do with it.

I think i will get some boxes from the store, and start to pack up some of his stuff, cause at this rate he may leave his stuff there till next spring.

Geez, i am so impatient!!!!

Thanks to everyone who replied to me, i really appreciate you listening and the advice.

A/C
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:26 pm
pullin' for ya!
0 Replies

A-C0810

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 01:18 pm
hi everyone....well i started a new job (waitressing) and his ex-girlfriend works there and is training me.

Any ideas?

A/C
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 08:10 pm
I have to review the older posts to be up to date, but my first instinct is laugh and laugh, and then be serene.

....whatever you feel underneath. I'd keep a diary on that, or at least talk to yourself at length.
0 Replies