Is THIS Your America??

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 03:25 am
A Lone Voice wrote:
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040916/capt.wvrs10309162250.edwards_wvrs103.jpg

the good mr. parlock fails to explain why in the world he would take his children to the event. clearly it was not to meet john edwards. he was there to protest. his right. surely he is intelligent enough to know that someone would not appreciate the bush/cheney sign. so why put his kids in the middle of HIS protest.

when all else fails, use the children. and why not? it works so well for the arabs.

more family values....
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 03:28 am
Democrats accused of ripping Bush signs

really...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 03:35 am
This is just sad. Lone Voice scours the internet for these pathetic little events and then decides they depict the Left's America, whatever that is.

Meanwhile, under the guise of security, no one without a large Bush-Cheney button and a hypnotic smile of love for the President is allowed within a hundred yards of any of their rallies. You've seen them on the news. George answering softball questions from the "public"

"Are you proud or are you real proud of being from Texas?"

Very deep.

An interesting note: the only debate that George wants to skip is the one in which undecided voters ask the questions instead of a moderator. Why would that be?

Joe
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 03:46 am
unfriendly cameras and unfriendly questions are not welcome at bush and cheney ops.
http://www.anoasis.co.uk/content/images/let_freedom_reign.jpg

yeah. right...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 06:37 am
Another case of liberal hypocrisy. Had that guy and his daughter been liberals and had the Kerry/Edwards signs ripped apart, you guys would be hanging from the rafters complaining about the jack booted Bush supporters nad the Bush SS and I am sure some Goering quotes would be thrown in for good measure.

It's enough to make me insert mr. roll eyes guy.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 06:45 am
I hate this kind of mobism -- regardless of party afiliation. I can't imagine feeling strongly enough about something to invade someone's space and rip up their sign. If he was the only guy there, why not just ignore him?

That said, I don't believe this reflects Kerry supporters' attitudes in general.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 06:46 am
I also think that the little girl is lucky her dad is a Bush supporter. Had it been the other way around, he might well have been taken away in handcuffs.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:18 am
Forced Contributions to GOP?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:24 am
Well, that's just wrong. But, I hope your not trying to blame Bush or the GOP for that, are you?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:06 am
89 swear allegiance
This is part of MY America.

89 swear allegiance
New citizens among largest groups ever
Fri, Sep 17, 2004

KRISTA J. KARCH

ROME -- In one of the largest groups in recent years to be honored in a naturalization ceremony, 89 people took an oath of citizenship Thursday morning, swearing to support and defend the United States of America.

Fort Stanwix was an unusual site for the ceremony, normally conducted at the Oneida County Office Building in Utica.

Fort officials invited the Northern District of New York to conduct one of the several annual ceremonies at the fort five or six years ago, said Valerie Morgan, a Fort Stanwix park ranger. The Fort Stanwix ceremony always takes place in mid-September.

"This is one of the places the U.S. was started," she said. "Revolutionary War soldiers fought here, so what a wonderful place to welcome new citizens."

The freedom resulting from the Revolutionary War is something immigrants have been integral in preserving, said U.S. District

Judge David N. Hurd, who presided over the ceremony.

"As a result of your taking an oath of citizenship today, you will enjoy enormous freedom," he told the new citizens.

A choir from Fort Stanwix Elementary School welcomed the citizens with renditions of the national anthem and other patriotic scores. Rome Free Academy's Air Force Junior ROTC Color Guard opened and closed the ceremony.

Naturalization ceremonies in the Mohawk Valley often are testimonies to miraculous escape from war or political persecution. Thursday's ceremony was no exception.

Ilir Aliu recounted his path as a teenager from war-torn Kosovo to the United States in an address to the new citizens.

His family applied for asylum in the United States while they were living in a refugee camp in Macedonia. He felt then that their application was a joke, he said. When his family was accepted, he said, they were given a gift.

"Everyone should cherish their opportunity to start a new life," Aliu, now a Utica College student, said. "We are gathered here today to make our dreams come true."

Aliu encouraged each new citizen to vote.

Representatives from the Republican and Democratic parties handed out voter registration forms as the citizens stepped away with their citizenship certificates.

Jackson Arturo Nova De La Cruz, 29, said he decided to become a citizen now, after living in the United States for 24 years, in order to vote in the coming presidential election.

"I know people that are citizens and don't vote, then turn around and complain," said Nova, a native of the Dominican Republic. "I'll do my part."

But Marion Czwikla, a native of Germany, had no political aspirations.

"My green card ran out," she said simply.

Czwikla has lived in Jordanville for 20 years, at a Russian Orthodox convent she co-founded. There, she is known as Mother Elizabeth.

"There were no women's monasteries in Germany," she said.

Czwikla came to the United States to form a convent in Jordanville, the site of a men's convent and a large Russian Orthodox church.

Standing at the back of the crowds during the ceremony was a large group of refugees who only recently arrived in the United States. They were students at an English-language class at the Mohawk Valley Resource Center for Refugees. Their teacher, Jennifer Hale, brought them to the ceremony on a field trip.

"I wanted to show them what their future could be," she said.

My hometown link
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:13 am
So can the ones who purchased (sic) GOP tickets for the past twenty years have their money back?

Is it just me or does anyone else think it's odd to live in a country till you're twenty-nine before becoming a citizen? If I lived in Australia or Mexico or somewhere, and knew I was going to stay, I'd sign in. Is that just me?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 05:14 pm
A Lone Voice wrote:
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040916/capt.wvrs10309162250.edwards_wvrs103.jpg

Democrats accused of ripping Bush signs

By Robert Stacy McCain
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

A West Virginia man said yesterday that Democrats stole his family's Bush-Cheney campaign signs at an event featuring Democratic vice presidential candidate Sen. John Edwards.

"They just pounced on us," said Phil Parlock, who took his 11-year-old son, Alex, and 3-year-old daughter, Sophia, to the Democratic rally at Tri-State Airport in Huntington, W.Va.

Sophia became briefly famous yesterday when an Associated Press photo showing her in tears after Democrats tore her sign to pieces was posted on Matt Drudge's Web site, www.drudgereport.com.

"She was crying; they were pushing and shoving her," said Mr. Parlock, a Huntington real estate agent. "She was scared."

[/b]

Seems this guy is a major hoax. Tends to have this happen to him alot... and has no problem with making his kids a part of it.

Check out this story and note the "attacker" as well as the look on his face... http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/091804X.shtml
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 05:29 pm
Thank you Squinny!

Um..... your ball, McG..
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 12:42 am
My ball... You expect me to actually respond to an opinion peice from Truthout.org? Should I just post an equal rebuttal link to Limbaugh's site?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 05:26 am
McGentrix
I love the way you seem to sneer at the word 'opinion'. Sometimes opinions are based on facts. You remember those stubborn things, don't you? They used to be found in abundance but now there seems to be a lot of spinning things in their place. Still, they exist, facts, and it's quite easy to determine the difference between facts and opinion. The piece that Squinny linked to was, in fact, not an opinion piece but, and you may not have seen one of these for awhile, a list of facts based on media reports regarding the individual in question, in other words, journalism in it's rarest, but most basic form. It's what used to be called a blotter report.

So we now have a purported list of facts, there, I've given you an opening. Please review said list and refute all those items you find are based on faulty reporting, bad evidence or (horrors) opinion.

Hey,

Joe.

PS and I'd love to see what Rush has to say about this guy and his signs.
What does he say that facts of the matter are?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 09:14 am
I don't sneer at opinions, merely the opinions of overly biased sources like common dreams.org, truthout.com, Freerepublic.com, Moore, Frankin, Coulter, etc...

That's why I try to avoid posting things from those sources unless I am trying to be argumentative or I can find the same info elsewhere.

You read it Joe. You have an outstanding vocabulary and a wonderful grasp of the English language. Read the article, but from my perspective. It uses coincidence and innuendo and portrays them as fact as though to convince the reader Parlock is nothing more than Satan himself.

If you wish to believe the article posted by Squinney, you are more than welcome to. I do not have the research available, nor the time ti do do it, or the desire to go through an article like that refuting every paragraph. I will simply choose to disagree with it.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 10:27 am
Does anyone remember Trickey Dick and his dirty tricks gang. I do. This is vintage conserative republican garbage.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 05:41 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I don't sneer at opinions, merely the opinions of overly biased sources like common dreams.org, truthout.com, Freerepublic.com, Moore, Frankin, Coulter, etc....

hi mcg.... don't forget hannity! michael "weiner" savage, cal thomas...

but i do appreciate what you are saying. i try to proceed that way and often get on my liberal friends for referencing something like "toostupidtobepresident.com".

but....

"Take a look at the sprightly Parlock family, posing beside a giant military vehicle:

Take a long look at the young man in the gray shirt, and then take another look at the alleged union guy who tore up the sign. Am I the only one who sees a striking resemblance?"

http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/uploads/photo16.jpg

i mean, damn, the guy does look familiar.

"remember vince foster" is enough to convince me the guy's "one of those" kind of religio-conservatives. falwellian, perhaps?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:16 pm
A deuce and a half is not a "giant military vehicle". It's a truck. Parlock is/was in the military and had his family in the picture. Wanna see my on a "giant military tank"? That is used as a scare tactic. "Look! Here he is in a giant, mean looking military vehicle! He must be a jerk!"

Parlock likes to attend democratic rallies and show his support for republican candidates, He waits for the speaker to be finished before bringing out his signs. He seems polite in that I haven't read, even from these slanted sources, any case in which Parlock tries to interupt the speaker, cause a commotion, etc. He holds up signs and then Democrats, being the socially liberal people they are, attack him, his family, and their signs.
0 Replies

coachryan

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:52 pm
McGen,

You still haven't answered to the fact that it sure looks like the same guy. You're absolutely right that the rest of the stuff it says in the article, true or not, does not prove that he went to this rally for any other reason than to support his candidate. However: if the guy in the grey shirt and the guy who tore up his sign are the same person... well that's a different story all together.
0 Replies