Gold Star Dad Tells Trump To Put Up Or Shut Up

woiyo

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 06:29 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Tired of "Gold Star" Dad's who think their opinion is should be held higher than anyone elses. Trump insulted no-one. Time for some Gold Star parents to shut up.
revelette2

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 06:38 am
@woiyo,
Luckily Americans do not have to adopt your opinion of what an insult is.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 06:45 am
@woiyo,

I'm a vet. I've lost friends and family. Gold Star parents have all the right to say anything they want not because of the sacrifice their children made, but because of the first amendment that their children died for, having sworn to protect it and the Republic with their lives.

You can say anything you want about them because they died to protect your right to say hurtful things about them and their grieving families and friends.
woiyo

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 07:20 am
@bobsal u1553115,
They sure do. Yet I get upset when the media suggests that their opinion is to be held higher than anyone else. My Purple Heart says only my opinion is as valid as theirs. Stop the pity party.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 11:55 am
@woiyo,
I am pleased your parents ended your service with a blue star.

Thank you for your service, brother.

I still believe that their opinion, your opinion and mine trumps tRumps opinion, especially since tRump trivialized the Khans sacrifice, their son's decorated service, your decorated service and my own service in the 'silent service' by claiming he felt he was a soldier because of the military school he went to because of his behavior in regular school and his claim he feels like a Viet Vet because of his 'actions' in the "sexual revolution" of the sixties and seventies; and his suggestion that the Purple Heart was something he always wanted and he got it the "easy way" and then flashed it at everyone.

When was the last time you flashed your Purple Heart? And you actually earned yours.

Did you see where on Stephanopolis' show Trump claimed he sacrificed as much as any of military by "working hard"? I have the video if you're interested.

oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 04:20 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Gold Star Dad Tells Trump To Put Up Or Shut Up

I hope he doesn't expect his existence to be acknowledged.

Because I doubt it will be.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 04:21 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Trump wants to go nuclear in the middle east.

Nonsense.

bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Other than neither Clinton nor Obama found it necessary to **** all over a gold star family and a dead American decorated soldier.

Neither did Trump.

And actually Hillary did make outrageous public attacks against the mother of a slain diplomat.
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 04:23 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Quote:
My veteran status has nothing to do with the conversation

So the answer is no, you aren't a veteran. Why can't you conservatives just answer simply a simple question?

Because the question is none of your business.

bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Its not dishonorable to have stayed home. But it is dishonorable to saber rattle, propose nuclear strikes and beat up Gold Star parents.

Mr. Trump has done none of those. And depending on the circumstances the first two are not necessarily dishonorable.

Hillary is the only who has vilified the parents of dead Americans.

bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Think how put out you might be if one of your children were to pass. How would you feel if people made extremely negative political hay over little Jimmy McGentrix' being hit by a car while pushing someone else out of the way.

It was really despicable of Hillary to do something like that.

bobsal u1553115 wrote:
It doesn't bother you that in one of his intelligence briefings he asked three times in the half hour setting about what it would take launch nuclear weapons?

You don't even have the false accusation right. There certainly is nothing wrong with a future president trying to learn about the circumstances under which nuclear weapons would be used.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 04:25 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Obama and Clinton haven't claimed to sacrifice as much as a Gold Star parent has.

Neither has Mr. Trump.

parados wrote:
Nor have they attacked any Gold Star parents personally.

Neither has Mr. Trump.

Hillary has however viciously attacked the mother of a slain diplomat.
parados

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 06:54 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Neither has Mr. Trump.

Actually, he did claim he has made sacrifices that were equal. He built buildings.

Quote:
You continually ask when you lie so let me point this one out.
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 09:56 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Actually, he did claim he has made sacrifices that were equal. He built buildings.

I think you are mistaken on that.

My recollection is that the loudmouth Muslim guy said that Trump had not made any sacrifices. Trump countered by saying that he had in fact made sacrifices. I don't think there was any mention of equality.

parados wrote:

In the unlikely event that I was factually incorrect, it would not be a lie because I believed my post to be true and was posting in good faith.

I think my post was factually correct however. This is what I was referring to:
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/08/01/patricia-smith-hillary-isnt-jumped-on-for-anything-she-said-about-me-i-was-treated-like-dirt-called-a-liar/

By the way, way off topic but I thought it was amusing. When I was looking up the above link, I discovered that some people believe that President Obama is responsible for the demise of Justice Scalia:
http://demandanautopsy.com
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 05:35 am
@oralloy,
Re: bobsal u1553115 (Post 6251142)
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Trump wants to go nuclear in the middle east.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-refuses-to-rule-out-using-nuclear-weapons-in-attack-on-europe-a6961101.html
woiyo

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 06:40 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Me personally, I do not even look at it as it brings back too many bad memories. We live in a time today that this Nation does not ask it's private citizens to sacrifice ANYTHING during times of crisis/war. People giving money to the USO or VETS groups may be a sacrifice to some economically, but no one civilian had to change their way of life since the days of WW2.

So when dopes like Trump and Clinton say things about the military and how much they support or sacrifice, I chuckle as they have no idea what real sacrifice is as those who actually serve.

I do not trust Clinton to be my CIC. I would expect Trump to at least hire and actually listen to advisors and act cautiously. The statements by these GOLD STAR families to me show ignorance to the deficiencies Clinton possesses.
parados

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 07:18 am
@oralloy,
Thanks for proving you are a liar.

2 points make your statement a lie.

There is nothing in the link you posted claiming Hillary attacked anyone.

Sean Smith was NOT a diplomat. His mother is not the mother of a diplomat. Hillary has not viciously attacked the mother of a diplomat if you think she attacked Sean Smith's mother.
mark noble

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 09:31 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I, recently ask Donald Trump (when he visited Scotland) 'If he, genuinely, had 'peoples' interests' or his own, at heart'.
oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 09:41 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
Thanks for proving you are a liar.

My post proved that I didn't lie.
oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 09:42 am
@bobsal u1553115,

All that says is that he refuses to rule out the use of nuclear weapons, especially in situations where someone uses nuclear weapons against us first.

That is what he is supposed to do. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have exactly the same policy.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 10:50 am
@oralloy,
What part of this sentence is factual?

oralloy wrote:

Sean Smith was not a diplomat.
Hillary has not viciously attacked the mother of any slain diplomat.
Nothing in your sentence is factual. That makes the statement a lie. (Unless you want to argue stupidity.)

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 11:06 am
@parados,
Quote:
@oralloy,
Quote:

Neither has Mr. Trump.

Quote:

[/b]

Herculean work, that: the "Stygian Stables" task.

I wish I had your patience. I love this place, its good to know we aren't the minority we once thought we were.

How does someone like the tRump crowd become so devoid of empathy and a sense of fair play? Governance is not pro forma, but at the same time they want it eliminated, they still look for public services when their houses are on fire or under water. Its not free stuff to them if they're getting it.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 11:21 am
@woiyo,
Quote:
I do not trust Clinton

I don't trust Hillary Clinton, either. But I certainly trust her ability to be an effective President. After all W did it, even if he delegated a lot of responsibilities and allowed Dick Cheney to become some sort of imperial vice-President. (I believe George Lucas time traveled into the future and came back to base Darth Vader's character - if character is the right word in relation to Cheney- on Cheney).

Buuuuuuuuuut, compared to tRump I have absolutely have no trouble supporting and voting for Hillary. Over Johnson, over Jill Stein.

What I also support is Bernie Sanders initiative to fix Congress. At least I know Ted Cruz is gone in two years. This Teapublican Congress will work with President Clinton just to try to make their mean-spirited log jams of the last eight years seem not their fault. Is there anything not President Obama's fault? Peter Palidino -tRump's man in NY said last night that the President is guilty of the Lindburg kid-napping as well dealing drugs from the Oval Office. I know he definitely said one of those two things. He's probably has seriously considered the other.

The pendulum is finally swinging back. Lets face it, none of us made more money in terms of value of the dollar than we did during Bill Clinton's administration. There was even a growing black middle class.