We made it! Thanks to our fearless leader <applause>

ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2002 04:48 am
Thanks, Craven - looking good and fast (and easier to sign in).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,829 • Replies: 27
No top replies

Rae

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2002 05:01 am
COOL BEANS!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2002 05:06 am
the spacing on the replies has changed - i notice that on the longer posts, there are unexpected breaks between lines.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2002 07:05 am
Craven- Great Job!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2002 09:24 am
FAST FAST FAST Yeehaw!

(Yeah, I noticed that about spacing too, ehBeth.)
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2002 10:31 am
I'll try to fix that. But if it means I have to redo database work I'll probably ignore it since it's not happening with new posts.

I suspect that the database backup inserted breaks because I had to copy and paste thousands of db queries and I had word wrap on my text editor for the firts few hours of the transfer.

The tranfer was the most tedious thing I've done in web design (copy huge amount of text, paste, wait for the database to execute the query, repeat) so I'm not too interested in doing it again.

Please let me know if you see any other things that are screwy since the move.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2002 10:54 am
Excellent! :-D
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2002 11:01 am
The spacing thing isn't a big deal, especially since it seems to be a non-issue in terms of new posts. If that's the worst that happened, pretty durn smooth changeover.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2002 11:32 am
Well, Craven really did an excellent job - working until early morning (which I could see, when I had my second breakfast here).
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2002 12:27 pm
I'm a bit frazzled, but I haven't been able to figure out how to post a new thread in general news. I wanted to report on Paul Wellstone's plane crash.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/10/25/plane.crash.minn/index.html
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2002 02:14 pm
sozobe,

Why can't you post the thread? Is it giving you errors?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2002 02:32 pm
No, I couldn't find the prompt. I was looking up with the "view" stuff. Just found it.

My mom has done a ton of volunteer stuff for Wellstone, I was involved in his campaign just before I went to college, etc. (Raised in MN.) I've met Sheila. Really threw me for a loop.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2002 07:52 pm
Soz, I am still in shock about Sen. Wellstone. He was one of my heroes. A man of principle, the furthest thing from an ordinary politico.

What a great loss.

0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2002 10:13 pm
Kara, exactly. I was just gobsmacked when he actually won the first time, this little college professor with IDEAS, and have been happily following his career since. Made me proud to be a Minnesotan. (I dunno WHAT I am, actually. Born in Wisconsin, almost entire childhood in Minnesota, Madison for college, Illinois now. Guess I'll just claim what I like from each and call myself a Midwesterner.)
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2002 11:34 pm
Thanks Craven
....You Rule ! Great job, great site, great familiar friends ... you are the best! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2002 11:36 pm
Thanks Craven
....You Rule ! Great job, great site, great familiar friends ... you are the best! Rolling Eyes ....You Rule! Great job, great site, great familiar friends ... you are the best ! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2002 11:39 pm
Gee, you are gonna have to thank jespah for most of this. All i do is mess with the x's and o's. She is resposnible for bringing the people together.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2002 06:08 am
jespah gets her 'props' for bringin' the people, but where would she be taking them without you? and you know we'd follow you in any case! Very Happy
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2002 01:02 pm
Ditto Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2002 01:12 pm
No no. You guys don't get it. You have NO idea how much work jespah has put into this. All I do is code and develop. That's why jes has a cool rank image and I don't. ;-)
0 Replies