Suspicious of Terror Plans?

Linkat

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:21 am
Would you cooperate during a terror incident such as a smallpox or dirty bomb attack or would you take matters into your own hands? Do you trust the federal government to take care you during an attack?

Would you follow instructions to go to a public vaccination site in a smallpox outbreak or stay in a building other than their home after a dirty bomb explosion?

Most Americans would not cooperate as officials expect during a terror incident such as a smallpox or dirty bomb attack, U.S. researchers said Tuesday. Many of those surveyed feared they could go to a smallpox vaccination site, get exposed to people who already had smallpox, and then be told they could not safely get the vaccine because they were pregnant, had eczema, AIDS or some other condition. And people asked to think about a dirty bomb explosion said they would try hard to get to their children or other family members, even if told to stay put by authorities.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2004/09/14/americans_suspicious_of_terror_plans_survey_shows/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 637 • Replies: 1
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 12:16 pm
During a terror attack the government would not and could not protect us. But I'll betcha the employees of Halliburton would be prtected as they would have to do the rebuilding. I would not go to a vaccination site as I have eczema. But I would do all I could to protect my family.
0 Replies