Bill Mahar: "leave Bush in office to clean up his own mess"

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:42 am
During Larry King's interview of Bill Mahar last night, Mahar said he thought Bush should be relected if for no other reason to force him to clean up his own messes.

Mahar explained that all his life, Bush has walked away from his failures in everything he attempted, leaving others to clean up his messes. Mahar said it was time Bush became accountable for his actions, something that he has avoided all of his life.

While I would like to see that happen, I not willing to punish the US citizens, both civilian and military, (or at least non-Bush supporters) and the rest of the world's countries to teach Bush such a lesson however intriguing an idea it may be.

BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,547 • Replies: 46
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:49 am
I saw that interview, and honestly, I kind of agree. I like Kerry but, poor guy, if he actually wins he'll have a huge mess to clean up. And the righties will be hounding him from day one.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 10:22 am
Correct. Is your signature line attributed to the famous Swearengen (a real historic figure) of "Deadwood?"
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 10:26 am
The very same. I think that Deadwood is the best written show I've ever seen -- especially the dialogue.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:09 am
I thought so. I mean, at least, between the strings of epithets, Swear(sic)engen comes up with some real gems.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:10 am
Oh there were many to choose from, but most were against the TOS.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:16 am
I like Maher's concept - it sort of goes along with be careful of what you wish for.

If Kerry takes charge it will be an up hill climb. If Bush wins, expect the economy to go evermore quickly into free fall.

And the many whose votes weren't counted (or who didn't see a reason to bother) will vastly outnumber the few who would see Bush remain in office.

Consider the implications.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:18 am
Maher is merely making early excuses why Bush will win. CYA if you will.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:28 am
It's not an excuse, it's a speculation.

I've sometimes wondered what would've happened if Gore had been President and 9/11 happened. Can you imagine that the right would have been quiet for even a few hours before they started heaping abuse on him and Clinton for letting it happen?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:42 am
The statements are out of context and there's is no way anyone could interpret them as an excuse for Bush to win. Anyone who doesn't need cognitive thereby, that is.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 12:28 pm
Lightwizard is on the mark about context. It ain't over until the fat lady sings.

I believe that is an allusion to Kate Smith who used to end the evening of broadcasting in the early days of television. Then you certainly knew it was over and in my case up past my bedtime.

Actually, if my memory serves me right after Kate Smith sang When the Moon goes over the Mountain and then they showed an image of the flag and played the National Anthem.

Does anyone know the second verse?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 12:42 pm
When the Moon Comes Over the Mountain
When the Moon Comes Over the Mountain
Sung by Kate Smith
- written by Howard E. Johnson and Harry M. Woods
- #1 hit for Kate Smith in 1931
- lyrics as recorded by Kate Smith

When the moon comes over the mountain
Every beam brings a dream, dear, of you
Once again we'll stroll 'neath the mountain
Through that rose-covered valley we knew

Each day is grey and dreary
But the night is bright and cheery
When the moon comes over the mountain
I'll be alone with my memories of you
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 12:55 pm
Better yet, after Kerry gets in office, he can appoint Dumbya as the official ambassador to Iraq, whereas he can set up permanent residence and concentrate EXCLUSIVELY on cleaning up his own mess. His daughters could then join the cause of liberation by joining the military.

Bill Maher is, of course, making a point rather than expressing a deep hope that he would want to see Bush re-elected.
0 Replies

neue regel

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 12:59 pm
Bush inherited a recession and terrorism that had festered to a boiling point but wasn't given a break from day one by his adversaries.

Kerry should expect nothing less should he mount a comeback before November.
0 Replies

neue regel

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 01:09 pm
Bush inherited a recession and terrorism that had festered to a boiling point but wasn't given a break from day one by his adversaries.

Kerry should expect nothing less should he mount a comeback before November.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 01:12 pm
The only thing Bush inherited was the privilege to do whatever he damn well pleases. The recession is Bush's, and this war on terrorism, as well as the ever growing quagmire in Iraq, is also Bush's.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 01:15 pm
If I didn't know batter, I would think you were "pistoff" at the Bush administration.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 01:16 pm
I know batter, and that's not it.
0 Replies

neue regel

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 01:28 pm
Hi twain....good to see you.

I do agree that Bush has made this 'War on Terror' his...I'm glad he's faced the music on that one.
0 Replies

neue regel

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 01:42 pm
Hi twain....good to see you.

I do agree that Bush has made this 'War on Terror' his...I'm glad he's faced the music on that one.
0 Replies