WHO'S WHO FOR ABLE2KNOW'S POLITICAL FORUM

cjhsa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:19 am
Hahaha! Clever D'art.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:25 am
Thanks, cjhsa. Politics can be fun, at least sometimes...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:26 am
joefromchicago wrote:
I am magnanimous in victory. I have no idea what I'm like in defeat.

And the thing you have to know about cjhsa is that, with him, it's all about the guns.

And Ted Nugent.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:27 am
Brett Favre has a name nobody pronounces correctly including Brett Favre. Is the French word for goat "cherve?"

That should be a hint of something. Perhaps he should go nuke-you-lar next.

I wonder if his gun is as large a caliber as Koby Bryant's.

I remember in the movie Shane when Alan Ladd says: "A gun is a tool. It's as good or as bad as the man using it."

He's right. But why do so many sociopaths insist on being the first one on the block. And these days most "good men" you meet will leave the job of shooting bad guys to the cops.

The cops have to practice a lot and they're more likely to hit what they're aiming at than a civilian. And the penalties for shooting cops are higher than for taking your gun and shooting you with it.

And Hinkley by the way, was and still is a star player with the Hinkley Ohio team. All the other players are Buzzards.

That should be another hint.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 02:21 pm
I'm really not anybody that anyone would know from anywhere unless you like religious forums. I always keep the same name or a variation of it.

I am pretty thick skinned, I don't always make sense but I try real hard.

After writing all that, I am thinking that now someone is going to either say or think, who in the world cares?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 02:42 pm
I'm Dookiestix, formerly mptwain on abuzz.com, and have so far thoroughly enjoyed the more civil forum here on able2know.com. My positions are largely progressive, buy I'm willing to listen to other viewpoints in trying to gauge the ever growing political divide in this country. I LOVE trolling the web for good, solid evidence to back up my opinion, but that isn't to say that I'm 100% right. I have pledged to only throw out insults if someone throws them my way FIRST. Unlike Abuzz, where everybody insulted everybody practically.

I LOVE living in San Francisco, which is a bastion of acception and love. It just doesn't matter whether you're gay, straight, black, white, red, yellow, orange, pink, or burgundy. Hell, you can even be a rightwinger here, as long as you don't act like one in public.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:01 pm
San Francisco's Gay Pride Parade claimes to be all about acceptance, but it's really about perversity, debauchery, and outrageous behaviour. If it wasn't for those things, there would be no parade.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:04 pm
cjhsa wrote:
San Francisco's Gay Pride Parade claimes to be all about acceptance, but it's really about perversity, debauchery, and outrageous behaviour. If it wasn't for those things, there would be no parade.

Don't leave out the best parties in town.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:04 pm
No guns?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:07 pm
Quote:

cjhsa:

Have you ever been to the gay pride parade? Have you ever spent time with the gay community in understanding the enormous bigotry they experience outside of this community? And besides, my understanding of able2know.com is to discuss issues rather than insult places where other individuals come from.

The parade itself has also toned down quite a bit over the years. With acceptance, I guess, comes more moderation, as well as record crowds. Wouldn't that be a better, more perfect world for all of us to live in?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:09 pm
Well, if you must go there. Within the 49 square miles that make up SF, most of the guns are in the hands of the police and the criminals. The citizens embrace the criminals and hate the police. Go figure.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:09 pm
Also, the enormous crowds that show up for the parade is a DIRECT result of "acceptance." I'm sorry you feel the way you do.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:11 pm
Think 'tourism'....disposable income, no dependents....money....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:12 pm
Uh, yeah, I suppose you could look at that way...
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:15 pm
Phoenix writes
Quote:
I just couldn't resist. I think that the symbol of the United States needs to be changed from the eagle to the turkey!

Didn't Ben Franklin propose that the national bird/symbol be the wild turkey?

I can just hear it now: "Houston, the turkey has landed."

For purposes of the thread, I am the lovable, cuddly, pragmatist who sooner or later manages to infuriate all sides of the political, religious, scientific, and philosophical spectrum.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:19 pm
On that note, through funding provided by the sale of fishing and hunting licenses, stocks of wild turkeys have been reintroduced across the eastern US and are flourishing. They are doing so well in fact, that soon the flocks will support hunting using weapons (i.e. shotgun) other than archery or muzzleloader (you have to be a heck of a hunter to take a turkey with either of those). It's another win/win situation for hunters and wildlife alike.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:20 pm
cjhsa:

Quote:
The citizens embrace the criminals and hate the police. Go figure.

I have no idea what you're talking about, cjhsa. During the protests against the Iraq war, the people were HIGHLY respective of the law enforcement and gave them high marks for keeping the crowds under control. There are also many gay policemen/women working in uniform who are sympathetic to the populace (as it should be). The problems that arise are within the SFPD itself, and there has been corruption in the department for years. So, what is wrong with forcing the SFPD to mend their ways? They fired their police chief not that terribly long ago. And last I heard, most people I know and talk with who live in San Francisco are very much AGAINST crime.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:25 pm
Then why appoint a wimpy old ex-street brawler named Hallinan as prosecutor? Now you've got Falala or whatever her name is. Neither have the respect of the police force, because they blow too many prosecutions, and don't support the death penalty even for killing cops.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:26 pm
I did like Kimberly Guilfoyle-Newsom, however, she's hot.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:42 pm
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~booblehole/Bush/penny.jpg
0 Replies