What is she trying to prove

reesy

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 02:06 pm
I want to know if I am overreacting. My boyfriend and I were at a wedding and I got up to get something. While I was away from the table he was talking to a woman that we both know through other friends. I didn't think much about it. However, the next day, he tells me about the conversation. She tells him that she is envious of his and my relationship and wishes she had the kind of relationship that he and I have. He took it as a compliment about our relationship and was happy to share it with me. I did not take it that way. I think she was sending a signal and I don't think it's a cooincidence that she told him that and not me. Why did she wait until I got up from the table to say that?? Just curious what others think...............

ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 02:11 pm
@reesy,
reesy wrote:
He took it as a compliment about our relationship and was happy to share it with me.

think about this

___

It doesn't matter what her intention was. What matters is how your boyfriend reacted to it. You should be pleased, very pleased.

I hope you have not said anything to him about your doubts.

I'd recommend that you step back from your suspicions. They're no good for you, him, or your relationship.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 03:35 pm
I have a feeling that if she wanted to get "between" you two, she would not have given him that kind of compliment. She would have given him her phone number.

Do you have a jealous problem or insecurity issues with this guy? What has he done that makes you so suspicious?

reesy

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 06:22 pm
@PUNKEY,
I am not jealous and I trust my boyfriend. Is is her that I don't trust.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 06:39 pm
@reesy,
You need to think about why this became an issue for you.

Someone complimented your relationship. Full stop.
reesy

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 06:15 am
@ehBeth,
It is an issue because I don't believe it was a real compliment. I think it is sweet that my boyfriend thinks it was but I think that woman had veiled intentions. I guess I was looking for someone to validate my reaction but probably my reaction is actually to a trigger to past relationships that were awful. Thanks for your response.
0 Replies

shortyred73

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 08:54 pm
Your over reacting. If he didn't take the bait then you have nothing to worry about. if you are that concerned than you need to talk about it with him. I wouldn't worry about what a stranger has to say good or bad.
roger

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 09:08 pm
@shortyred73,
Did you forget something, shorty?
0 Replies

reesy

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 08:53 am
@shortyred73,
I know I probably am overreacting and I have talked to him about it. He knows I am not worried about him being unfaithful or interested in someone else. The woman in question is not a stranger and I have reason to believe she had other than honorable intentions. I just can't stand manipulative women. I am grateful that I have a boyfriend who is open and honest with me. I think I need to just let this go and stop overthinking it. Thanks.
0 Replies