Guilt ridden and depressed

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 08:50 am
I'm feeling like crap. 3 nights ago on a work night out i cheated on my husband. I'm devastated. I've never looked at anyone else in the 8 yrs we're together. We married 2 yrs ago this month and we've been through a lot. I've suffered 5 miscarriages and thus left me feeling so depressed. Anyway this weekend I went out and got very drunk. The thing is I don't even know how far we went. I don't think we had sex but we definitely fooled around. I cannot remember anything. I know the guy feels just as guilty as I do as he too is married and neither of us planned it. It sounds like such a cliché but it just happened. I'm in pieces. I know my husband would be devastated so I don't know what to do. I can't look at him now. Also at work I can't look at the other guy either. I'm not sleeping and I need advice. It's killing me.please someone help me.

I know the miscarriages were not a license to cheat and I'm not saying itshe ok but my frame of mind is so low. I don't know what to do now.

jespah

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 09:03 am
@Lonestar73,
Counseling.

This is above your pay grade (and ours, too, for that matter).

Find out what's eating you.
0 Replies

Lonestar73

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 09:18 am
Above my pay grade???I'm only looking for some advice or a maybe even a friend. I don't expect someone to sort out my problems. I just want to talk to someone who maybe went through a similar thing.
jespah

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 09:51 am
@Lonestar73,
This is my advice to you.

Go to a professional. Friends are lovely (and they care), but this is too much for them.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 09:58 am
@Lonestar73,
Have you been talking to a professional counsellor since your miscarriages? are you part of any support groups for that?

Messing around sounds like a symptom of a problem you need help with.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 09:58 am
I just have one small thing to say...
When you say "It's just one of those things that just happened"- well, if it was getting caught in a rainstorm or stubbing your toe in the dark, okay. That's something that "just happens". But this didn't "just happen". You were two adults of sound mind who chose to go out, drink together, and then be alone together.
Own it. Then, if you want to work on your marriage - seek counseling.

I think part of what you're doing here "looking for someone who's been through it", is looking for someone to tell you it's okay.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 09:59 am
@Lonestar73,
Lonestar73 wrote:
I've suffered 5 miscarriages and thus left me feeling so depressed.

what treatment was offered by your doctor/s?
0 Replies

Logan787

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 04:28 pm
@Lonestar73,
It's been about a month since you Posted this. Do you feel any better. I knew a woman once that went through a miscarriage and it messed up her world. You may be blaming yourself and lookin for a way to punish yourself, if that makes since. Are things better?
0 Replies

High Strangeness

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 04:51 am
@Lonestar73,
You said -"I don't think we had sex.."
Well if the earth didn't move for you just forget it..Smile
0 Replies