How do you get rid of guilt?

kitra

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 11:10 pm
how do you forgive yourself? after you hurts someone emotionally?
how do you say sorry to them?
how do you move on or how can you even think about being happy with someone else when you hurt someone?
I broke up with my ex 4 years ago(i was 18 now I'm 21 going to be 22) i thought i was over the whole thing but I'm not i just found that out. i was mean to him and i lied to him. I have been single all these years and my family keeps asking me when am i going to date and i would say that i can't find anyone. Now i can say that i can't picture myself with anyone because of how i hurt him. I'm scared i will do it to someone else and i can't even picture that. I didn't cry when i broke up with him and now just writing this makes my eyes water. I just want to stop feeling this and if i could i would want to say sorry to him. I know sorry doesn't change a damn thing it's just an empty word trying to cover up actions that you knew where wrong but i just don't know

jespah

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 05:36 am
@kitra,
Get counseling. You have been fixated on this for waaaaaaaaaaay too long.
0 Replies

gorff

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 08:53 am
@kitra,
Ill second that: 4 years and you still feel like this? I suggest counseling to deal with your emotions in a healthy way. This guy either is or is going to become more and more an obsession to you and its not going to get you anywhere good
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 09:33 am
@kitra,
"I've been a bad, bad girl..."
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 01:06 pm
You were mean and you lied, and you were 18. So forgive yourself because you were a foolish young girl - and start being a woman now.

Consider counseling to find out why you are "stuck" on being 18.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 03:51 pm
@kitra,
Trust me; we all make mistakes in our lives against others; even family and friends. Sometimes we're not even aware that we hurt another person. When we are aware, we should learn by our mistakes. Learn and grow, but more importantly, forgive yourself. Admitting mistake is not always easy.
0 Replies