"Until this moment I think I never really gauged your cruelty"

oralloy

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 04:38 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Tell me, sir... How would one go about banning, even temporarily, an entire religion from entering a country?
snood wrote:
And if you get a chance sir, could you please comment on HOW you think a ban from the country (even temporary) of an entire religion could be implemented? Would NSA agents demand proof of religion? Would they admit they were Muslim at the check in, on sort of an honors system?

I don't know if Mr. Trump has given specifics, but I would guess that all immigration from trouble spots that are likely to produce terrorists would be halted.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 04:39 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
What is your point?

I was pointing out how you were wrong about Mr. Trump's position.

revelette2 wrote:
The statement you bolded is what his campaign spokesperson said to clean up Trump's original statement. Not that it ends up doing that.

The part that I bolded makes it clear that his position is not what you said it was.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 04:40 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:
oralloy wrote:
I've not heard any playground insults from Mr. Trump Khan. He noted the wife's silence Trump's evident unfamiliarity with the US constitution, and speculated that it was because of Islamic patriarchy Trump has failed to read and/or understand the constitution.

Shoe, meet other foot.

Well, I wasn't accusing the loudmouth Muslim of playground insults. It is clear though that he likes to run around making false accusations against people, and then whines bitterly when his targets defend themselves from his false accusations.

I've not seen anything that would indicate that Mr. Trump is ignorant of the Constitution, other than Leftist mischaracterizations of his position, which don't count due to them being mischaracterizations.
oralloy

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 04:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
I think many Trump supporters will be confused by your post, so I'll try to simplify it.

I think liberals are really goofy when they convince themselves that people who don't adhere to their bankrupt ideology aren't smart.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 04:43 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
No, the left hates the honor killings and regressive elements in some Islamic cultures. The difference is that the left is pushing back against tarring them all with a broad brush and idiotic plans like barring anyone from an entire religion from the country.

My experience is that the Left always tries to deny and cover up the honor killings and regressive elements, and likes to pretend that they do not exist at all.

I don't know exact numbers, but such people are prevalent enough that there is a big problem within Islam. If the Left had their way no one would be allowed to point out this problem.
farmerman

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 04:48 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
My experience is that the Left always tries to deny and cover up the honor killings and regressive elements

Then your exprience has yielded incorrect conclusions.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 04:50 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
@oralloy,
Quote:
My experience is that the Left always tries to deny and cover up the honor killings and regressive elements

Please provide evidence of your statement about the Left.
oralloy

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 04:56 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
You continue to do the same as so many on the left do to take to extreme remarks made, clarified and re-clarified to mean something they don't mean.

Yes, it is true that politicians on the right and the left have been known to misspeak or inarticulate something that they didn't mean. It can happen to anyone. Any one of us might look back at what we said and realized after the fact, that wasn't exactly what we meant. We are all human.

As McGentrix noted, this isn't a case of Mr. Trump misspeaking. This is another case of Democrats mischaracterizing what he said.

Real Music wrote:
In the case of Donald Trump, I believe he means exactly what he is saying and saying exactly what he means. It is disingenuous for Trump to say he misspoke and didn't mean something. The reason is because his statements are habitual, pathological, perpetual, endless, and continuous. Simply put, he just keeps on doing it. These are not honest mistakes. Trump knows exactly what he is saying.

Instead of saying that Mr. Trump misspoke, the proper response is to note that the Democrats are mischaracterizing his position.

Real Music wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
The Khan's are pawns in a larger game and that particular gambit won.

I don't believe the Khan's are pawns at all. I believe the Khan's are making these statements about Donald Trump out of deeply held and heartfelt convictions. I believe that they feel that Trump is dishonoring their son with his hurtful repeated comments and they want the world to know what they feel about it.

It is always difficult to gauge the degree of malevolence in Leftist falsehoods. It may indeed be possible that this Khan character was not duped into thinking that Mr. Trump means to ban all Muslims, but is instead deliberately lying about Mr. Trump.

If so, it was reasonable for Mr. Trump to point out that his wife may be slave to his will. If this guy is so dishonorable that he would run around lying like that, who knows how he treats his family.
Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 05:10 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
If so, it was reasonable for Mr. Trump to point out that his wife may be slave to his will. If this guy is so dishonorable that he would run around lying like that, who knows how he treats his family.

Oh come off of it. It's not reasonable to attack wives like Trump has a penchant for, he just does it because he thinks it will sting but there is no edification to the debate added by his attacks, it's just automatic gainsay and going for whatever he thinks will insult his target.

This absolutely is the "have you stopped beating your wife" level of debate and it is not worthy of being the representative of the Republican party.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 06:22 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
Instead of expressing sorrow for his loss, he wondered if his wife was allowed to speak which is a distorted view of Islam. Moreover, the Trump campaign is saying the Khan family is from the Brotherhood. He should have said, I appreciate your son's sacrifice and perhaps I'll rethink my ridiculous ban on Muslim immigrants coming to the country in light of that sacrifice.

And no he didn't distinguish between militant Muslims and Muslims. He said, "all Muslims." Later the people who are in charge of cleaning up his statements said, he meant just until the government can figure out what is going on. They didn't say he meant just those on the terror watch list or militant Muslims.

Donald Trump: Ban all Muslim travel to U.S.

One of the worst things about Trump is after saying those awful remarks of his (any of them), he doesn't say he misspoke or apologize, no, he holds a grudge and double downs on any perceived slight or criticism.

You need to learn to stick to the subject, and I won't be distracted. What is the comment from Mr. Trump in which he maligned the Khans after Mr. Khan first maligned him? Give me that quotation. Wondering mildly why the wife didn't comment also is hardly an attack.
Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 06:24 pm
@Brandon9000,
Whether or not you think it is an attack is it the type of response you want to represent the Republican Party? Do you agree with the parade of republican officials of condemned it or not?
joefromchicago

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 08:44 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Well, I wasn't accusing the loudmouth Muslim of playground insults. It is clear though that he likes to run around making false accusations against people, and then whines bitterly when his targets defend themselves from his false accusations.

What false accusations are you referring to?

What constitutes Khan's "bitter whining?"
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 08:57 pm
@joefromchicago,
oralloy lives on another planet. I'm 99% positive. LOL
snood

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 09:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

oralloy lives on another planet. I'm 99% positive. LOL
'

I don't know what planet, continent or country, but the state is definitely denial.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 03:48 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
Whether or not you think it is an attack is it the type of response you want to represent the Republican Party? Do you agree with the parade of republican officials of condemned it or not?

I repeat: you are saying that Mr. Trump cruelly attacked the Khan's. Give me the quotation in which he did so. Is that the totality of what you've got? That he mildly questioned why the wife didn't comment? The thread title implies that he actually attacked the Khan family. I have posted two nice things he said about them. Post his attacks.
oralloy

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 04:44 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Please provide evidence of your statement about the Left.

The reaction from Leftists when Bill Mahar started speaking out against wrongdoing within Islam is a good example of what is typical.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 04:45 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

The false accusation that Trump means to ban all Muslims from the US.

joefromchicago wrote:

All of his histrionics about how wrong it was for Trump to respond by criticizing him in return.
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 05:48 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

joefromchicago wrote:

The false accusation that Trump means to ban all Muslims from the US.

But Trump has called for a "total and complete shutdown" on Muslims entering the United States. Granted, he now says that would be temporary, but a temporary ban is still a ban. If Hilary Clinton called for a temporary ban on gun purchases, would you be OK with that because, after all, it's only temporary?

oralloy wrote:

joefromchicago wrote:

All of his histrionics about how wrong it was for Trump to respond by criticizing him in return.

That's hardly worthy of you, oralloy. We've come to expect that you will provide facts to back up all of your assertions, yet here you give us vague, unsupported accusations instead. What "histrionics" did the Khans display? Don't give us smears, give us facts.
snood

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 06:20 am
@oralloy,
And while you're at it, kind sir - could you please enlighten us with your humble opinion about how a temporary ban on the entire Muslim religion could be implemented?

You're defending something I see as completely unattainable, and I would like you to provide some qualification about why you think it is a feasible idea.

I will take your continued silence on this to mean you agree that its an impossible idea, but just can't find the courage to admit it.
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 11:06 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
I repeat: you are saying that Mr. Trump cruelly attacked the Khan's.

I repeat (as I have already stated this plainly in this thread), I don't care about the Khan's feelings here that much, they'll get over it. My qualm is with the idiotic level at which the Republican representative responded. I have posted a number of better ways he could have responded and the manner he chose to was mindless.

You are insisting that I give you the straw man you want to knock down and refusing to address the central thrust of my criticism, that this kind of automatic gainsay is idiotic. I don't care about how mean it was or not, I care that this is a perfectly stupid way for the Republican representative to conduct himself.

Many other Republican leaders have said the same. Do you disagree with them?