"Until this moment I think I never really gauged your cruelty"

Miller

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 08:54 am
@sky123,
Quote:
Honestly darling I didn't wanna be teasing

Did you say, you live in Iran? If you're an Iranian, do you really say "honestly darling" to a perfect stranger?

"Honestly darling" sounds like it's from an old American movie...

What's with the "wanna"?
sky123

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 10:41 am
@revelette2,
Forget about it my dear friend. I wish if I saw you one day, it would be for another reason. Maybe love and friendship.
sky123

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 11:06 am
@Miller,
Yes, I am an Iranian and I live in Iran and I love my country in the same way that you love America and I like the way you write it UNION and I wish it to be united forever under peace. That's what 95% of our people wish. Not just you but the whole world.
And what do you mean by perfect stranger? When I came here for the first time you were also a little strange for me. But when I saw a girl desperately asking people for advice on her relationship and an old man helping me with my questions I understood that people all over the world are the same and simple and lovely (except some minorities who are extremist).
..and that is the way we call each other especially when it is one of our first meets. "My father, My mother, my sister, my brother, my dear friend, cousin....."
And I think I found the word darling in the book " pride and prejudice". I don't know what's the problem with it and also "wanna" that means want to my dear friend Smile
0 Replies

sky123

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 11:08 am
@giujohn,
It's OK. Still I love you Wink Wink Wink
giujohn

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 11:14 am
@sky123,
Uh..yeah...ok...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 03:40 pm
@sky123,
Where did you learn English? Also, how many people in Iran speak English?
sky123

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 11:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I learned English mainly through books and watching movies. It is one of my pleasures.
The main stream of the society and especially older people cannot speak English acceptably (mainly those who are not educated). But things are now changing. Because of the gradual freedom that government started to give people from about 20 years ago, it is now very popular to see a kid in the streets having an English book in the hands and going to class or it's been a few years since the number of girls who enter to universities exceeded the number of boys or it is quite normal to see people quoting the news from persian BBC or VOA.
I think the newer generation will speak English much better than us (I'm 28).
roger

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 12:20 am
@sky123,
Thanks. That was an interesting reply.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 12:23 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

sky123 wrote:
I don't know why Miller attacks me!!

I'd take it as a compliment, it shows you're one of the good guys.

Sometimes, we do agree.
sky123

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 04:28 am
@roger,
Thank you. It's very kind of you.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 11:43 am
@sky123,
Your English is just fine; we can understand what you're saying.
I have traveled extensively in my younger days, and have traveled to 85 countries, but never to Iran. That's too bad, because I know Iran has many historical sites.
The closest I ever got was to Turkmenistan when I did a Silk Road tour.
sky123

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 01:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thank you but your comment on my language made me regret for the time I lost in my younger days to learn English better than now. Just fine is not satisfactory for me.
Historical sites.. of course, but for me lots of differences altogether in Iran is more interesting.
Different languages (Persian, Azerbaijani Turkish, Arabic, Kurdish) and very many other accents that I can't even understand them when they speak.
Different races (Fars, Turk,Kurd, Arab,Lor, Turkmen, Baluch, Tabari...)
Different landscapes from hottest deserts of the world to dense jungles and to places where you can find snow even in the summer.
Different skin colors from blacks to blonde white people, all of them native.
0 Replies