Let's talk about replacing GWBush in 2004.

au1929

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 09:18 am
TW
The presidents plan is as he himself, Half a$$ed.
Sure there are some good features but half of the benefit will go to the wealthy in the form of dividend tax relief. And before you mention the stock held by us peons I should remind you that most of our stock is in IRA's and 401'K which derive no benefit. Since even though it is protected from taxation when distribution is made you will pay tax on even those funds that were derived from dividends.
The democrats plan at least does include a feed the rich element.
As far as both plans go they are just Band-Aids when what we need is healing medicine. Unless and until our sleepwalkers and self serving thieves in Washington can come up with a plan that will address the loss of good paying blue collar jobs the unemployment and underemployment will continue and get even worse. The old saw is "If my neighbor is unemployed it's a recession, if I am it's a depression.
I should also note that Bush's initiatives only shifts the burden to the states. No matter how you slice it the people, excluding the rich, will pay the price.
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 10:02 am
snood wrote:
Trust me, tres, I'm not anxious to engage you in the semantic acrobatics that seem to pass for erudition with you; certainly not enough to start a whole thread dedicated to it. I just wanted a simple answer to a simple question.

Seems to me that if you don't want to discuss it further you could have just let it drop, rather than using the issue as a platform for another personal insult.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 10:33 am
<sigh>

timber
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 11:01 am
Quote:
The point, he says, is not just to grant individual investors a tax break on dividend income, but to move the country toward a more fundamental reform of the tax system -- no taxation of capital investment. A tax system based on consumption rather than savings and investment would remove a primary impediment to economic growth.

It is not easy to find economists who disagree with that theory. But to see it begin to take legislative shape in Washington has left allies and critics almost in awe.
An Economist On a Mission
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 11:18 am
Quote:
"This has been the rap against Glenn for a long time: He's been too effective," Skinner said. "Glenn Hubbard happens to be one of most influential and effective academic economists that I've seen in recent memory. Of course Bill Gale is going to be upset."

Sorta says it all. Hubbard is a powerful force in "The New Economics". His influence is just beginning to be felt, and will surely increase. Supporters and detractors agree "The Suystem" is borken, and nobody has found much flaw in Hubbards tools or how he says they should be used to fix it. That his theories are sound, applicable, and efficacious irritates hell out of his critics, Left and Right.

I like Sawyer Brown, too.

timber
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 12:29 pm
I call it a draw. H doesn't like atagonism; I don't like unctuousness.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 07:30 pm
"There's a -- some of the greatest programs, initiatives come out of our faith-based programs or faith-based churches or synagogues or mosques."
--Dubya, Washington, D.C., Jan. 30, 2003

Oh...My...God.

"faith-based churches?"

He can't be that stupid, ...can he? It's just not possible that he can be this stupid, is it?

"The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein and his willingness to terrorize himself."
--Dubya, Grand Rapids, Michigan, Jan. 29, 2003

What?!

These quotes have to be fake!

It's not possible to be this stupid, it's just not!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 07:52 pm
PDid, I've really got bad news for you; he's our president, and the most powerful man in this world. Frightening isn't it? c.i.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 11:43 pm
Wake me when it's over; I think I've been having a nightmare since November of 2000.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 12:04 am
Do we HAVE to wait until 2004 to replace him?

He scares the he*l out of me!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 12:05 am
Me too! Unfortunately, he still enjoys a better than fifty percent approval rating. Can you imagine? UGH! c.i.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 12:12 am
c.i., his rating has dropped significantly in a very short time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed:)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 12:24 am
Mine too! I'm including my toes for good luck! Wink c.i.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 07:22 am
Replace Bush in 2004?

Keep Bush in office! Yeah to President Bush!! Drunk
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 07:23 am
Curious:

Why do Democrates continue to beat a dead horse? No Dem presidents ever again! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 07:38 am
PDiddie
Maybe he is sexually repressed. A call and some instructions from Clinton may nelp.
Think of it they impeached Clinton for lying about sex. And approve of Bush who lies about everything else. God bless the mini brains of the American electorate.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 07:41 am
yeah lets kill them democrats, they have no right to vote, this is a democracy by gawd and if everyone doesn't vote republican the world as we know it will end. doh!
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 07:50 am
Kill the dmocrates? No!

Just keep them out of office. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 09:45 am
See what happens when you give a penguin a laptop?

Rather than let this fester as a generalized rant, let me be more specific about exit strategies:

How Democrats Plan to Fend Off GOP

And another thought relating to the hypocrisy demonstrated by this man on a daily basis...

Bush ended his SOTU address with these words:

"We Americans have faith in ourselves but not in ourselves alone. We do not claim to know all the ways of Providence, yet we can trust in them, placing our confidence in the loving God behind all of life and all of history.

May He guide us now..."

Now for the guidance:

What were the last word's of Mr. Bush's favorite philosopher (Jesus) just before he was taken away by religious fanatics, tortured and murdered?

"Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword."

--Matthew 26:52

Mr. Bush, what does God's guidance mean for our great country?

Or to put it another way:

"Who would Jesus Bomb?"
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 10:07 am
Ayatollah Bush makes his own rules and religious determinations. Give him time he will reinterpret the words of his favorite philosopher
0 Replies