Is this relationship worth keeping

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:48 pm
OK so it has been a 12 year relationship since I was 14 years old and he 17 we have an eight-year-old son to get there and have lived together only for three years throughout our relationship as well as the three years together there have been break ups there has been abuse both physical and verbal I am confused according to him I am the problem and he would never have to go through any of this with any other woman I am often criticized for making small mistakes like spilling perfume on the dresser and not being organized in the kitchen and for having a personality that isnt likable. ( most people I meet consider me to be bubbly, energetic and very kind hearted always smiling) he told me today that I am sick in the head if I don't think there is anything wrong with my personality yesterday while talking to him excitedly about a new job I started I mentioned hoping that I don't go through similar issues I had with a sexually inappropriate boss at a previous job. His response was "well your personality attracts perverts" I accidentally woke him up at 5am when I just naturally arose from sleep and checked my phone and saw a video that caught my attention. I pressed play just not thinking about it and woke him up after about 8-10 seconds of the video playing of course I quickly apologized and put the phone away he is pissed saying I act like a little girl and it was very inconsiderate and that it was very immature of me to do it and I act like I am still 15

jespah

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 07:11 pm
@Caged unicorn,
Q: Is this relationship worth keeping
A: No.

Please find a safe place for you and your son.
0 Replies

Janny Wilson

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 02:21 am
@Caged unicorn,
Wow. I have read it all till the end and I must tell you that you have no respect to yourself. How could you live with the person who abuses you all the time? No love, no shame here towards to you as a woman, as a person. Change your life for better and do it immediately.
0 Replies

Jain4Jain1

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 12:18 am
@Caged unicorn,
You know that your partner is not like that what you want. It's looks like you are not comfortable with him anymore. Try to find someone else who take care of you more then what you need. There are lots of profiles on Matrimonial sites where you can find you best match. If all over from one side. You have to spend rest of your life happily.
0 Replies

anthony1312002

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 05:54 am
@Caged unicorn,
There is something you need to consider that maybe you haven't thought about. The child that you have with him is being affected in a negative way. You have to consider what the overall affect of being in this type relationship. Will the boy learn to imitate his father when it comes to how women should be treated?

There is a wise point of counsel that the Bible presents at Proverbs 22:3 where it says: "3 Shrewd is the one that has seen the calamity and proceeds to conceal himself, but the inexperienced have passed along and must suffer the penalty."

Yes, he needs to be in an environment where can learn positive habits in dealing with women. And when it comes to relationships, is the Bible the first place you would go for advice, or is it perhaps the last? Consider how its ancient wisdom compares with recent research.

From Denmark

Having frequent arguments with family members is associated with a double risk of dying in middle age. Researchers at the University of Copenhagen tracked almost 10,000 middle-aged people over an 11-year period and found that participants who frequently argued with someone close to them were far more likely to die prematurely than those who seldom had conflicts. An author of the study says that handling worries and demands and managing conflicts “may be considered important strategies for reducing premature deaths.”

THE BIBLE SAYS: “A man of knowledge restrains his words, and a discerning man will remain calm.”—Proverbs 17:27.

United States

“Cyclical couples”—those who break up and get back together during courtship—are more likely to have a trial separation during the first five years of their marriage, according to a recent study of 564 newlyweds in Louisiana. They also tend to have more conflict and to be less satisfied with their marriage.

THE BIBLE SAYS: “What God has yoked together [in marriage], let no man put apart.”—Matthew 19:6.

Why not consider taking this to Jehovah God in prayer. He and his son Jesus will listen and they will help you to know what to do for both you and your son. You can find a great deal of help at Jw.org.
jespah

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 05:58 am
@anthony1312002,
So you want this abused woman (who is long gone from A2K anyway, so you're just grandstanding because you enjoy the sound of your own postings) to stay because ... reasons? So her son can learn that when your marriage sucks, it's better to just belittle someone, rather than seek help at the barest minimum?

You have exactly one agenda here and it's not to help people with relationship problems.
anthony1312002

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 06:15 am
@jespah,
My apoligies. Maybe I didn't use the right wording. Never would I ever want anyone to stay in an abusive family enviornment. I know what it is like having at one time experienced it as a child.

The text that deals with marriage is not intended to encourage her to stay in this relationship, but to think of what her son is learning about how a relationship between a man and a woman should be like. It is not positive but dangerous.

Please excuse my error.
jespah

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 07:14 am
@anthony1312002,
Instead of just quoting the bible, how about using your own voice? Your own voice, right here, sounds intelligent, sensitive, and caring.

Be yourself. Please stop being a 24/7 ad for religion. 24/7 ads for anything are kinda dull, and they don't feel as if a person is behind the keyboard.

Thanks and have a good weekend.
anthony1312002

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 07:59 am
@jespah,
Thanks for your input. But I quote the Bible because that is what helped me successfully navigate what I experienced as a young person. And it has helped me to enjoy almost 30 years of a great marriage.

I only quote what I know works.
InfraBlue

Fri 12 Aug, 2016 12:51 pm
@anthony1312002,
It doesn't work for the situation that's the subject of this thread.
0 Replies