having a crush on someone....

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:57 am
There is a really cute guy at my gym that i went to high school with about 10 years ago...I would see him and knew i knew him somehow, but the last time i saw him his hair was really long and he just looked very different. Now he is in awesome shape and his hair is practically shaved off-he was a good friend of my cousin sarah in high school.
So on saturday he comes up to me and says, please tell me how i know you, i know i know you from somewhere. I said, i'm sara's cousin and immediately he knew what i meant. He replied, oh yeah that's right, i had seen you here a few times and it was just bugging me how i knew you. SO we chatted a little and i noticed that during the conversation he didnt mention anythign about sara or ask how she was doing. as he walked away, i said, i'll tell sara you said hi. He was like, oh absolutely. At one point i walked by him while he was getting a drink toward the locker room. He said, oh you taking off? i said, no im just going in here. I was nervous kind of and didnt know what to say-it's awkward at the gym since people are trying to work out and all. So when i did leave and i was pulling out of the parking lot i noticed someone in a truck waving at me-i had no idea who it was then realized it was him with sunglasses on. I waved back.

I told my cousins sister that i saw him (mike) at the gym and she said, oh they got in a big fight and arent friends anymore. I guess it was because mike was engaged to sara's friend, then basically got 'good looking' and dumped her...I dont know if this is the whole truth...i just kind of laughed. Then i told sarah i saw him and she told me he got kind of conceited when he became 'good looking.' Sarah has had falling outs with a lot of people in her time though...even her sister said that. I told sarah i thought he was hot and told her we chatted briefly. She was like, well ask him out for a drink or something. I said, no way! Then she said, well i really dont think he's a very nice person, etc...

So on sunday i saw him at the gym again...i was getting a drink and he was coming down the stairs. He saw me and said, are you just getting here or leaving. I said i had been here for about a half hour and had been on the treadmill. He said, you spend a lot of time on these machines and laughed. I was like, i do? he says, well you're always running or doing the stairmaster, it's not a bad thing though. He walked by me once when i was on the stair master and smiled and winked. Then when i was walking on the treadmill he was walking from a distance and it looked like he told me to go faster or something...i just made a face...He is so hot! He's totally my type from what i can see...but i dont know if there's any hope of us getting a date based on my cousin...or the fact that the only opportuinity we have to talk is in the gym...I just cant stop thinking about how cute he is though...am i being ridiculous?

I have not seen him at the gym since sunday though...i'm wondering if this is hopeless since i really dont know when he works out. I will go this weekend since i saw him last weekend, but there are so many different times he could be there ):
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,265 • Replies: 23
No top replies

swestover

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 12:05 pm
Next time you see him ask him out. You will never know if it will work unless you get to know him (outside the gym)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 12:08 pm
Please come back and post the details of your first boink. I know I speak for all A2K members when I say I'd really appreciate it.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 12:11 pm
Or, have you ever seen him use any of the treadmills? Suggest you 2 go running together since you share a common interest of exercise.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 12:58 pm
Ask him if he'd like to go out for coffee after your workout.
0 Replies

class241

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 01:02 pm
re
i have never asked a guy out before so i dont know if i could. I feel like maybe he was just being friendly...perhaps i'm not his type at all...i mean sometimes guys wink just to be nice...
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 01:14 pm
Re: re
class241 wrote:
i have never asked a guy out before so i dont know if i could. I feel like maybe he was just being friendly...perhaps i'm not his type at all...i mean sometimes guys wink just to be nice...

And sometimes girls just ask guys out to be friends. Asking to do something should not be any big deal b/c you are attracted to the other person. If you find it intimidating, pretend he's your brother or your cousin and you are just being your usual self. If you are fast, or can run far, I would definitely issue him a challenge, guys like that. Wink This is pretty much what I would say, if you were me, "Hey, the view from the treadmills not all that great. Wanna go for a run? That is, if you think you can keep up..." Then either wink or grin. If you have a towel, flick it at him, and move fast while looking straight at him (don't run into any large workout machines, though: clumsy makes you look goofy rather than hot.) Guys love challenges, especially issued by cocky females. Trust me, he'll take you up on it unless he's a wuss. Of course, it may only be for the aerobic quality and all perfectly innocent, but you'll have time to grill him away from big ears inside the gym while you run.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 01:25 pm
Good one, princess!

Or try, "I'm going to head over to Starbuck's after I finish...wanna come?"
0 Replies

class241

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 02:41 pm
re
have any of you ladies asked out a guy like that before. If i ask him out it will be obvious that i 'like' him. I get so afraid of rejection...plus he might have a girlfriend, then i'd really feel dumb
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 05:29 pm
It sounds to me like he's interested and ready to make a move himself, so if it were me, I'd try to find out his gym times and try to be there when he's there. Then I would wait for him to make his move.

Good luck and let us know what happens and Welcome to A2K :-D
0 Replies

class241

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 06:15 pm
re
Well i went to the gym tonight-didnt see him, of course....I have been to the gym every day since this past saturday which is kind of unlike me. I feel like a stalker! i mean i go to gym on a regular basis, but i've been 6 days in a row now, lol. Well i'm not going tomorrow. I am going to go saturday...i figure i saw him last saturday and sunday so maybe we have the same weekend gym times...if he's not there i'll be bummed. It tells me that maybe he's not paying attention when i go to the gym (which means he's not intersted) or maybe our schedules just are too different to see each other ): But i have seen him a handful of times before...see how worked up i am over this person i talked to twice? Theres just something about him...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 10:23 pm
Re: re
class241 wrote:
have any of you ladies asked out a guy like that before. If i ask him out it will be obvious that i 'like' him. I get so afraid of rejection...plus he might have a girlfriend, then i'd really feel dumb

Sure I have! How do you think I got married twice?! Embarrassed Laughing

Don't worry. Even if he isn't interested in you, he'll be soooooo flattered to be asked! So...either you'll get the date, or you'll leave him with a good impression. What's wrong with that?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 12:30 am
I don't think "Wanna come" is quite the right thing, Eva.

Tsk.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 12:33 am
Wanna go with me to... might be better...

Yak, really silly for me to comment, I am years out of colloquial. Just hard to be quiet.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 05:06 am
Oh, gosh, yes! Don't feel dumb! You are only innocently asking a fellow exercise enthusiast to workout with you, it's not like asking him to cheat on any gf, Wink You're just networking, but with a bit of a plan. If he has a gf, or even a wife, why shouldn't he excercise w/another? While you are out running, you can grill him, I mean ask him friendly innocent questions... like, what happened between him and your cousin's friend? (Make no comments, just listen.) And is he seeing anyone now? (Just smalltalk-like.) And what other things does he do?- because he seems like he's in such superb shape these days Wink If he's not seeing someone, tell him that if he ever wants company doing whatever he does (I've been told kick-boxing, preparing for a race, paddling competitively, fishing, surfing, chicken-fight gambling, drag-racing, riding his new harley, travelling to Brazil, writing the great american novel, learning to play some instrument, etc. as activities which have recently occupied him) you'd love to check it out with him...Wink

Whatever you do with this guy, tease him, then when he seems off center and needs to be reassured, give him a win with a smile or a wink... It's all a grand game, been played for centuries! And rather than wait for him to move, as Montana suggested, nudge him to move. 9 times out of 10, he will move when nudged. If he doesn't move, he's a dud. Move on! Just have fun doing it... I'm 44 and still enjoy the sensation of flirtation, of being a creature men desire to please... I'm just playing with your suitors fathers. Very Happy But it's all good, all fun! Get your skills down when you are young and you will be glad you practiced when you are old, trust me. Wink
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 05:25 am
ossobuco wrote:
I don't think "Wanna come" is quite the right thing, Eva.

Tsk.

Unless he's a psych major, then you follow that up with, "Oops, did I just say that?" <put your pinky in your mouth and suck> "That was such a freudian slip!!!"
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 06:57 am
Class241...do whatever Princesspurple says...I'm ready to go running now!
0 Replies

class241

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 07:46 am
re
well i have to see the man first...havent seen him all week. I think that if i dont see him this weekend, i'm giving up ): i was also wondering if maybe he will just feel awkward around me because of the falling out he had with my cousin
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 07:58 am
You're worrying to much. The more you think about it the more you over analyze things.

My wife asked me out on our first date. She was sneaky about it. I met her at school (I transfered in so was the new guy). One night she said that her and a couple of friends (another couple) were going out to shoot some pool and wondered if I wanted to come along. I went to meet them later that night and guess what... something came up and her friends couldn't come so it was just her and I. Three years later we were married. Just remember that he may be just as nervous as you are.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 02:15 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Class241...do whatever Princesspurple says...I'm ready to go running now!

Lol! Laughing

Hey, JP, just a quick note (I was going to send this in a pm but the screen went all funny kind.) My screen name is Princess Pupule, a name made famous in a hapa-haole song, http://hulahips.com/words/princesspupule.html

Also, ftr, as a hawaiian word for the day, "pupule" (pronounced pu-poo'-ly) means crazy, but with the connotation of crazy like a fox, not mentally ill deranged (which is "lolo pupule." Twisted Evil )

Just thought I'd take a moment to correct your misperception. Razz

Aloha, PP
0 Replies