Kerry didnt do his reserve time either

revel

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 11:22 pm
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040908/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_national_guard&cid=544&ncid=716

Quote:
WASHINGTON - President Bush (news - web sites) ranked in the middle of his Air National Guard flight class and flew 336 hours in a fighter jet before letting his pilot status lapse and missing a key readiness drill in 1972, according to his flight records belatedly uncovered Tuesday under the Freedom of Information Act

Quote:
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 11:23 pm
enough said
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 08:47 am
Agreed, though I'm sure we'll some clever squirming here soon to explain this away...
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 09:11 am
D'artagnan wrote:
Agreed, though I'm sure we'll some clever squirming here soon to explain this away...

Probably no more so than the clever squirming we may see if and when Kerry (he was in Vietnam, you know) decides to explain away how he fought the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia a couple of years before there was officially a Khmer Rouge. :wink:
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 09:39 am
D'artagnan wrote:

Went on a little detour through the books. Gosh, I feel out smarted on these boards. Smile
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 09:47 am
JustWonders wrote:
D'artagnan wrote:

Probably no more so than the clever squirming we may see if and when Kerry (he was in Vietnam, you know) decides to explain away how he fought the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia a couple of years before there was officially a Khmer Rouge. :wink:

http://slate.msn.com/id/2105529/
http://slate.msn.com/id/2105529/#ContinueArticle

your turn
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 09:27 pm
JustWonders wrote:

That no Khmer rouge until 1970 bit has been passsed from right wing website to right wing website to righ twing website, ("blogs").

Here is quote from Yale:
Quote:
1967-Pol Pot group of Cambodian communists ('Khmer Rouge') launch an insurgency against Sihanouk in northwest Cambodia. Brutal government repression.

http://www.yale.edu/cgp/chron.html

Moreover, the people of Cambodia are known as the Khmers. "Rouge" is French for "Red"-France was the most recent European occupier of Cambodia. So Khmer Rouge simply means Cambodia Reds, or Cambodia Communists, and they have been there since the 1940's, fighting the French.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 09:52 pm
You know, I could be wrong (lol) but I just have this feeling that we'll never hear another word about Cambodia from Kerry.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 12:11 am
More on Bush National Guard
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 12:13 am
JustWonders wrote:
You know, I could be wrong (lol) but I just have this feeling that we'll never hear another word about Cambodia from Kerry.

I could be wrong (doubt it) but I don't think anyone is going to care anymore besides folks such as yourself.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 01:14 am
1965 - Pol Pot walks the recently completed 'Ho Chi Minh Trail' to Hanoi, the capital of North Vietnam,for consultations with the North Vietnamese communists, who are critical of his nationalist agenda and tell him to delay an armed struggle in Cambodia until the US is driven from Vietnam.

1966 - He receives a better reception when he makes his first visit to China, where the 'Cultural Revolution' has just been launched. He is influenced by the leading radicals supporting the movement and by Mao Zedong's concept of a continuous revolution. He will return to Cambodia determined to further loosen ties with the Vietnamese communists.

The WPK changes its name again, to the Kampuchean Communist Party (KCP), though the Cambodian communists are now more commonly known as the 'Khmer Rouge'. The party's all-powerful Central Committee, headed by Pol Pot, is referred to as 'Angkar' (organisation).

pol pot khmer rouge
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 05:59 am
JustWonders wrote:

No one will hear anything from Kerry, it's been like 40 days since he's given an interview to anyone except the Daily Show. Rolling Eyes

He's avoiding questions like the plaque.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 07:13 am
More on Bush's leave of absence of National Gaurd

Quote:
He's avoiding questions like the plaque.

Or he could be simply compaigning in battleground states.

Link
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:31 am
revel wrote:

Or he could be simply compaigning in battleground states.

aw, c'mon now revel. you and i both know he's only doing that to avoid the media... Laughing

the conservative republican strategy is to direct attention at bugaboos and inuendo forcing the opponent to spend all of his time defending his decision to use "crest" instead of "ultrabright", while running out the clock on anything meaningful. rice used it extensively at the 9/11 hearings. and got busted on it.

then they throw a fit when the other guy won't go along with it anymore.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:45 am
Crest rules against plaque! Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:50 am
Hot off the presses....

John Kerry receives coveted American Dental Association Endorsement....is set to presented with plaque
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 12:00 pm
I agree crest is best.

Cool

we need a little lightening up.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 12:36 pm
To return to the case at hand, (not to be a party pooper).

Kerry is probably just abandoning the whole military-VietNam thing anyway.

First, it really was just a foray into Republicanland to see if he can get a big slice of people, (white verterans) who normally vote Republican. I think the idea was probably to mostly hit on the economy after Labor Day. Well, it's after Labor Day.

Two, due to inadequate response to Swift Boat attackers, Kerry has taken power away from his own people and given it to Clinton people. Clinton is on record as saying that regardless of what facts emerge, Kerry is not going to win if the campaign turns out to be about VietNam. So whatever push Kerry needed to focus on the economy, he just got it from Clinton and his people.

He'll probably hit on the economy, and whatever damage emerges about Bush from his National Guard days is icing on the character issue cake. Unless something comes up that is so bad that it might be a good idea for Kerry to move in for the kill.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 04:05 pm
keltic,
You said on Tuesday the 7th..."I did not have the legal obligation to go. Bush did. Once he had the legal obligation to go, if he used family connections to get out of combat, the public has a right to take a look at that."

I need to remind you that NOBODY had the "legal obligation" to go to Vietnam.
The only obligation there was for adult males to register for the draft.
The only people that had the "legal obligation" to go were those in the military,when they were ordered to go.
If you didnt join the service,you didnt have to go to vietnam.
So,your argument that Bush had a "legal obligation" is a false argument.
BTW,if Bush had that obligation,didnt Clinton also?
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 04:32 pm
You're showing your age Mysteryman, because you're simply wrong.

By registering during the VietNam period you were as good as drafted if you didn't have a student deferment. To assume that everyone who went to school automatically was off the hook is simply not to have been there.

A small window of opportunity could put anyone's neck on the block in the late sixties, especially if you weren't at an easy school and might not have passed all your courses.

Without that privilege you were cannon fodder. What is more remarkable than the number who dodged the draft back then is the number who didn't.

Kerry saw a tour of duty. Bush was in that category of individual who felt they had to have a military background but wanted to minimize the risk of getting killed.

If that's something you admire, go for it. For the rest of us it just seems you and your team seem to be slinging more mud, and not convincingly. Mad
0 Replies