Kerry didnt do his reserve time either

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 05:42 pm
This is a post from a former Marine in a group I belong to

Kerry was AWOL from Navy Reserve service

April 25, 2003
John Kerry signed an agreement as part of his naval officer commission to serve at least 3 years on active duty and the remainder of his obligated 6 year service in the Ready Reserves. Ready Reserves are those who must attend drills.
This is the agreement he released with his military records:
http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/jkerry/offcandagr.pdf
You will note that Kerry obligated himself to at least 3 years active duty, and the remainder of a 6 year obligation in the READY (not Standby) Reserves.
He further agreed that while in the READY Reserves (from discharge to 1972) he would perform no less than 48 drills per year and up to 17 active duty days per year, or alternatively 30 active duty days per year.
None of the released records shows any record of his performing these Ready Reserve obligated days in 1970, 71, 72, after which he was transferred to the Inactive Reserves. (This is as of 22 April - he may have released more since then). The only Performance of Duty form released covers 1966. There should be one for every year.
Nor is there any excusal from drilling status in his records, or alternatively, pay and attendance records indicating that he performed any drills in 1970-72 as required of a Ready Reservist.
It was George Bush's alleged non-performance of his obligated reserve duty that caused all the furor last February, yet Kerry apparently can not show his performance of his obligated Reserve duty.
The Kerry campaign has said that his separation from active duty put him in the inactive, non-drilling Naval Reserve so he could run for Congress. This is NOT true, as follows:
This following website record shows his transfer from the Ready Reserves to the Standby (Inactive) reserves did not occur until March 1972, NOT upon his release from Active Duty to run for Congress (1969/70).
http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/jkerry/trnsfr2stndyrsrv.pdf
And this following form indicates the official transfer from the Ready Reserves to the Standby (Inactive) Reserves did not formalize until July 1972.:
http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/jkerry/servicercrd.pdf
Contrary to what Kerry's minions say, the wording on his Release from Active Duty (to run for Congress) does NOT put him in the INACTIVE RESERVES - it puts him in Inactive Duty status, which includes Ready Reserves with attendant drill obligation. BIG difference - and the confusion is understandable. The legal specifics are Title 10 duty (Active Duty) Green Card) vs.. Title 32 duty (Inactive Duty) Red Card).
Had he been placed in the INACTIVE RESERVES in 1970 upon his release from AD, as Kerry's people suggest, there would not have been the 1972 Transfer to the Standby Reserves form that I show above - he would have already been there.
Also, if the timing of these records is correct, as a drilling Ready Reserve naval officer, in 1970-72 he was somewhat restricted by military regulations in what comments he could make in public regarding statements on the military leadership and the National Command Authority. Yet this is the period of his most public protests and anti-war demonstrations. In fact, his hairdo in the 1970-72 period would not meet Navy standards, and he would be sent home from drill if he had ever attended one.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,521 • Replies: 99
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:01 pm
Another ghost issue. He went, Bush hid, end of story.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:07 pm
whats wrong Edgar?
Dont you like the fact that Kerry did NOT finish his committment either?
You notice,this post includes the OFFICIAL RECORDS also.
Why are there no records of Kerry finishing his service? I would think he would be proud of his service,and would be trumpeting the fact that he did his whole time.
Why isnt he?
0 Replies

angie

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:12 pm
"I would think he would be proud of his service,and would be trumpeting the fact that he did his whole time."

Hmmmm. Bush doing this ?

He went. Bush hid. That may not say it all, but, for me, it says more than enough, on this issue.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:24 pm
Bush's National Guard File Missing Records 2 hours, 4 minutes ago

By MATT KELLEY, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - Documents that should have been written to explain gaps in President Bush (news - web sites)'s Texas Air National Guard service are missing from the military records released about his service in 1972 and 1973, according to regulations and outside experts.

For example, Air National Guard regulations at the time required commanders to write an investigative report for the Air Force when Bush missed his annual medical exam in 1972. The regulations also required commanders to confirm in writing that Bush received counseling after missing five months of drills.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=4&u=/ap/20040905/ap_on_el_pr/bush_national_guard
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:46 pm
Does anyone think 30-year old drill records for either candidate are going to come up at the exit polls on Nov. 2?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:47 pm
I'm gratified that a Republican finally admits Bush didn't finish out his time. As to the charge about Kerry you just made, I haven't read your post. As I said, it's a shadow issue, designed to throw Democrats off balance and make the public confused.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:55 pm
And I suppose that small matters like getting wounded three times in battle while overseas have no weight in your assessment of the military records of the two men?
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 07:16 pm
Apparently 30-year old drill records do matter to some. Carry on.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 07:23 pm
Not when one of the wounds is in question.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 07:45 pm
Baldimo:

First, even if one of those wounds was in question, (more about that in a moment), that still leaves two wounds. Which is exactly two wounds more than Bush had, and exactly two wounds more than Bush had any realistic chance of getting from the place his father finagled him into.

Second, the Swift Boat Vets are some motley crew of liars. One of their number was backing Kerry as late as 1986-suddenly he gets contacted by a bunch of old Swift Boat vets, and he changes his mind. Another is the doctor who wrote up the report for Kerry's wound-now he says it was self-inflicted. Well, why didn't he say so in the report? Was he lying then, or is he lying now?

Third, Kerry and all the other sailors were told how dangerous Swift Boat duty was-the boats were aluminum hulled and virtually unarmored. Yet they volunteered anyway. If Kerry wanted out early, why, oh why, would he volunteer for one of the most dangerous details he could? With his education, there are any of a number of things he could have done that would have put him behind a desk. Yet, there he was out there, getting shot at on a regular basis.

Fourth, if you are trying to get out of service, even after all this, don't you think there are easier ways to do than get wounded three times? I mean, it's not like you can go up to the enemy and say, "Please shoot me in a non-vital place" and the fellow obliges, is it? After all, the guy who is shooting at you probably doesn't even speak English.

Fifth, there are conflicting stories among the anti-Kerry Swift Boat people about whether or not Kerry even knew about the three-Purple Heart rule. One of Kerry's commanding officers, the anti-Kerry Wright, said that he virtually ordered Kerry to take the quick trip home because Kerry was too eager to engage the enemy in battle. Other Swifties are trying to claim that Kerry was planning to get home that way all along. Well, if what those people are saying is true, then Wright is lying. If Wright is telling the truth, then those other anti-Kerry Swifties are lying.

To put it bluntly, the Swifties' stories are preposterous and mutually contradictory. In time, enough people will realize this and dismiss these made up stories by people who turned on Kerry because they did not like what he did after the time he was in the service, not during it.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 08:10 pm
Gee, more 11th hour smearing from the rapid right. These idiots are unbelievably desperate, so desperate that their sole policy is to demonize their opponent at all costs.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 08:16 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Gee, more 11th hour smearing from the rapid right. These idiots are unbelievably desperate, so desperate that their sole policy is to demonize their opponent at all costs.
Have your group look into the mirror on that one. I would same the same thing about the libs and their attempt at making Bush look like a base head. It didn't happen but it doesn't matter. If Kerry keeps bringing it up then it will continue to be talked about.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 08:31 pm
I'm smearing nobody.I posted what was sent to me,AFTER i looked up the links myself.
I verified that the links were correct.

Why are all of you attacking me? I just posted Kerry's record.I said nothing bad about him,so you cant accuse me of a personal attack.
Address what I posted,if you can. Tell me why there are no records,and tell me why Kerry didnt serve his total commitment?
Answer the questions,dont attack the messenger.
0 Replies

dare2think

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 09:09 pm
Ohhh, you Republicans are so desperate, how exciting to see you all squirm.

Kerry served in the military, he went to war, can't say the same for bush, huh?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 09:17 pm
so DAre,Can we take it then that you also think that its ok for Kerry to desert his reserve unit and go to Paris and meet with the enemy,while the war was still going on?

That seems to be the average democrat response and answer.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 09:17 pm
so DAre,Can we take it then that you also think that its ok for Kerry to desert his reserve unit and go to Paris and meet with the enemy,while the war was still going on?

That seems to be the average democrat response and answer.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 09:25 pm
This topic certainly does bear further inspection. It's long been known Kerry has a large closet in which to hide A LOT of skeletons.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 09:39 pm
dare2think wrote:
Ohhh, you Republicans are so desperate, how exciting to see you all squirm.

Kerry served in the military, he went to war, can't say the same for bush, huh?

Last itme looked, which was today, Bush is leading by 11 points in several polls. I would say that is bad for Kerry.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 09:55 pm
Word of advice, Kerry - don't screw with the military. Release your records and tell the country the truth. Surely, there are nothing but great revelations as to your heroism held within your full military records, I mean, you're a "war hero". And after all, your campaign has been very vocal in suggesting that the Navy is the end-all, be-all when it comes to authority on your military records.

This is what happens when opportunism overtakes good judgement. Choosing to position yourself and your campaign as a Vietnam war hero is serious business. There are many men who bled and died for this country. Those still alive and their families, take very seriously anyone who receives/received military decorations. And they, like the rest of us, want to see the truth of John F. Kerry's full military records.
0 Replies