I can't stand my cousins! Help !!

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 10:51 am
my cousins (girls ) are coming to our house for few days and they don't even like me and when they come they just chill and don't help with nothing I know they are guests but come on its their uncle's house a little help won't kill them , I don't like them what do you advice me to do ?

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 08:27 pm
@Aya dh ,
Make a list of all the chores that need to be done. Leave it on the kitchen table. Be sure you do some of the chores too
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 09:30 pm
@Aya dh ,
When you say a few days I assume you mean maybe 3 to 5?

You can't deal for that long?

Whenever I am not looking forward to something, I'll think "In 24 hours (or whatever) all this will be in the past.

Think of the time you're wasting now stressing about it, and the time they'll actually be there. Then, when they're gone, so is all that time you could have been peaceful and content.

And there they are, your cousins renting space in your head, not even knowing right now you're thinking about this. That's kinda dumb.

Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 09:32 pm
@Aya dh ,
Aya dh wrote:
I know they are guests

full stop

they are guests

deal with them doing nothing

they'll be gone soon enough

__

why should they like you? that's definitely not a requirement for relatives
ehBeth

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 09:33 pm
@ehBeth,
shouldn't you like them?

geez

they don't like you and you can't stand them

<shrug>

be polite for a couple of days and then go on with your life
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 07:19 am
@Aya dh ,
I can't stand people who have personal expectations, but sit around silently, judging people for not magically figuring out what those expectations are.

Very simply ask specifically what you need as you need it.

"Brunhilda, would you chop the carrots; Maise and Hagarha, please unload the dishwasher; Fstima, would you set the table? Thanks everybody!!"
0 Replies