Bush's camp may cut 1 debate

angie

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 05:12 pm
so then Cheny, too, ought to fall under the same "you don't support strong weapons systems" crap ?

Kerry, IMO, will be strong and wise as commander in chief; the lies and misrepresentations suggesting otherwise are getting real old.

As are the attempts to equate stubborness with strength.

W's stubborness is stubborness, even when you try to dress it up by calling it "resolve". Iraq was either a lie or a mistake. Admit it. We all had to eventually admit the same about Vietnam.

Resolve is only good when it's predicated upon clear thinking . At any rate, it's up to Americans to discern the difference. We shall see come November.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 05:19 pm
Yes, we shall.....<muahahaha>

Debate protocol in an election--> The incumbent, if he is ahead in the polls, will deny the challenger the gravitas of standing beside the President in a debate.

They're cutting it to 2. If Bush's polling numbers go up much more--they'll cut it to one.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 05:25 pm
angie wrote:
so then Cheny, too, ought to fall under the same "you don't support strong weapons systems" crap ?

Kerry, IMO, will be strong and wise as commander in chief; the lies and misrepresentations suggesting otherwise are getting real old.

As are the attempts to equate stubborness with strength.

W's stubborness is stubborness, even when you try to dress it up by calling it "resolve". Iraq was either a lie or a mistake. Admit it. We all had to eventually admit the same about Vietnam.

Resolve is only good when it's predicated upon clear thinking . At any rate, it's up to Americans to discern the difference. We shall see come November.

Yeah, right, all that stuff about Cheney being a hawkish war lover is nonsenese. He is really a Dove. Laughing
0 Replies

angie

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 05:51 pm
Voting to cut weapons systems which have been deemed outdated or not needed would not make him a dove.

Do you always draw such sim,plistic conclusions Prag, er, ... I mean Larry ?
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 06:02 pm
angie wrote:
Voting to cut weapons systems which have been deemed outdated or not needed would not make him a dove.

Do you always draw such sim,plistic conclusions Prag, er, ... I mean Larry ?

yup, Cheney's posture as a hawk vs. a dove is pretty simplistic, angie.
0 Replies

angie

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 06:09 pm
So you think that cheney's votes make him a dove ?
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 06:24 pm
angie wrote:
So you think that cheney's votes make him a dove ?

No, but I am perfectly happy for you to portray Cheney is a dove with a record of being soft on national defense and Kerry as a hawk who is strong on national defense if you wish.

That is about as rational as most anything else that comes from the Dem camp. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

angie

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 07:36 pm
huh ?

Well, as much fun as this is, Saturday night beckons, see you all later !
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 08:53 am
Larry434 wrote:
"Larry, couldn't see where you got that quote of yours from"

It was a link within your link, duck. I haven't checked all the cites, but I presume they are accurate and it is true that Kerry voted nay. And I do not deny that others did as well, and given the utility of the cited systems it is good they did not prevail, don't you think?

I don't know if it is good or not, Larry, since I don't know what exactly was in those bills. It seems to me that if a defense appropriations bill does not pass that the people who proposed it must go back and redo it. Do you honestly believe that a vote against an appropriations bill is vote to abolish the military?

I think it's time to give up on this nonsense. I'm sure you can see by now that it was creative interpretation by the Republicans of Kerry's record. Even if it's your guy doing the distorting, you ought to at least recognize the distortion.
0 Replies

angie

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 05:38 pm
Freeduck wrote:"Even if it's your guy doing the distorting, you ought to at least recognize the distortion."

Unrealistic expectation, in this case.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:28 pm
Bush limits his debate time just like he limited his service in the Guard. Thinks his service to America is at his whim! Wake Up!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=4&u=/ap/20040905/ap_on_el_pr/bush_national_guard
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 09:22 pm
I don't see why Bush should even bother showing up. Kerry is quite capable, as he has shown many, many times of debating himself just fine.
0 Replies

angie

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 03:15 pm
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ................

changing one's mind based upon growth and or new information is not flip flopping

stubborness / inability to admit mistakes is not strength, even if you try to make it seem that way by calling it "resolve".

"I am a uniter, not a divider." GW, campaign 2000.
"I do not believe in nation building." GW, campaign 2000
"No child will be left behing." GW campaign 2000
"No 911 commission."

Flip Flops ?????

Don't you get tired of trying to make the same old mischaracterizations?

Some of us sure do get tired of hearing them.

But please do go ahead, keep trying.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ......................

gotta find another thread ............
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 03:18 pm
McG--

LOL!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 04:51 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I don't see why Bush should even bother showing up.

Yeah, this is funny. Laughing

I think Dubya ought to take your advice and not show up.

He's got a solid track record of not showing up for things, after all.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 05:33 pm
...but one of the Kerrys may pick the right side of an issue. That unforseen event may cut into our lead.
0 Replies