Liking my best friend who has a girlfriend.

UnsureOne

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 11:11 am
@ehBeth,
I would be deeply saddened, that is a big part of why I haven't said anything. I am really sure he wouldn't end the friendship.. but you never know.. I don't want things to change.
No, I wouldn't be comfortable at all.. I don't think anyone would be in my position.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 11:20 am
@UnsureOne,
He is someone else's boyfriend. Unless Jespah is right about him (and I suspect she's onto something) he made a choice to be in that relationship.

If you are interested in a romantic relationship with someone, you need to consider spending less time with this guy who is absorbing a lot of your time and emotional energy.

If you're ok being a perpetual on the fringes of things person, stick with how things are.

___

You need to be realistic. You revealing your feelings does not mean he's going to break up with his girlfriend. The odds are on him staying with her since he does seem to be a path of least resistance guy.
StAntonius

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 12:20 pm
@UnsureOne,
I don't see it happening, that when you'll put your cards on the table he'll also show 'hearts'.

It reads more like it's a "who'll blink first" that's going on. Expect to find someone else as a boyfriend.

I kinda envy you though. I'm a sucker for 'novels' messaging myself. It's all too easy to get sucked into this guilty pleasure. But I have yet to find anyone with the time or energy to care for this in return.

Whatever it is you are experiencing I'm pretty sure at some point everyone grows out of it; unless you find that it's there one moment, and all but simply gone the next.
UnsureOne

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 07:41 pm
@ehBeth,
I know I need to back off, but I find it hard, cause we obviously speak everyday.. and I don't want to lose that friendship. I'm in a bit of a pickle..

Yes you're right, I know if I told him, there is a small chance anything would even change with him and his girlfriend, so that's why I'm weighing up the odds to bother telling him or not. I'm thinking no.. Just move on..
So, if I meet someone new, obviously a lot of my time will be dedicated to them, so I feel I wouldn't meesgae my friend as much.. It's just weird how much he does talk to me considering I probably wouldn't in his shoes.. But again, I feel he thinks it's purely friendship based and nothing else will happen so he doesn't feel guilty?
0 Replies

UnsureOne

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 07:47 pm
@StAntonius,
Yeah, no, I don't think so either.. Maybe he feels something small for me, but never ever enough to break anything up with his girlfriend.

What do you mean by, "who'll blink first?" Sorry, not 100% sure on what you mean by that. Smile

Aww, I can see why you would envy something like having a connection with someone and talking to them like I do with my friend, it's really not something you can do with just anyone. Best of luck finding someone who enjoys writing long novels back to you and has the connection to. Smile

That's what I thought too.. but this has been going everyday for seven months now... I feel it's a bit extreme.. but I could be wrong. Obviously over time, my feelings have sadly grown, and I feel if I said anything it would be soon, purely because we are so close, I am hoping nothing will change the friendship.
So he other two best friends, (which includes his girlfriend, because she was a best friend before), both of them developed feelings for him too.. How bizarre is that? Having the only ever closest people in your life, develop feelings for you too. I just found it strange/funny.
0 Replies

smileplzz333

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2016 11:59 pm
@UnsureOne,
Hi,
It does not matter whether you love him or he loves you, ultimately you guys will break a girl heart.

Tell me how you feel? when same guy will ditch you for any other girl?

thanks
0 Replies