What happenned with this guy friend, he made me like him, now we're strangers

anna18

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2016 01:42 pm
This guy and I met a year and a half ago at school, became friends and really clicked. He even seemed to slightly court me at first, was seemed sweet and caring (buying me food without asking for instance when he'd know I didn't have time to have a breakfast), he'd compliment me, walk me to my bus stop each evening, was really flirty and a bit touchy-feely (hand on my lower waist for instance), but he never clearly mentionned he was interested. A few weeks after we met, he told me he had a gf he was about to dump, out of the blue (regarding his attitude towards me, I had no idea he had a gf and he never mentioned her). He kept being gentle for a little bit and I was slowly falling for him, then he started to change.
He was still nice and even kind of caring, but he started to be more distant and to make jokes about me I found undelicate (I think he has this humour with his close guy friends, but he didn't have it with me the first weeks, he was very charming and gentle, considerate...and it seemed like there was animosity sometimes, he was just keep making jokes, about how I dress, speak, my parents, anything he could find) . But he also was still around, asking to see me, have lunch together, flirtig/complimenting me, telling me he was worried when I wouldn't give news for a little while.

A few months after we had met, my dad found a job elsewhere and we had to move to a different town. We had already become a bit more distant at this point, but still shared a nice connection (when he wasn't making too many lame jokes). I distanced myself cause his attitude was hurting me, and I had started to like him and felt like there was no hope. There were many unsaid things between us, at least on my side. But judging from his weird changes of attitudes, also on his maybe. Also I was missing the nice one from the beginning, and having the impression that this jokingly attitude was all I could get from him was hurting me. I think I wanted a bit more, it made me feel like I didn't matter to him and like he wasn't taking me seriously. Undelicate jokes was 98% of what he'd tell me, the caring or even just friendly vibe seemed to fade away. It was silence or 98% of lame personal jokes.

He asked for news a few weeks after I had left, but the correspondence died fast after I had replied. He was busy with important and urgent things in his life, but well. He called me once weeks after, but to ask for help for stg... and made bad/insensitive jokes again, I was offended and felt used, we had a fight on Skype. I told him what i thought about his attitude, that i was tired of it, he seemed offended, he blamed me, said I lacked humour and had a problem with him. His offensive jokes would maybe hurt me less if I didn't have feelings for him, and he doesn't know I like him, but I just couldn't spit it out and explain myself and I was so sick and tired of his behaviour... I felt like he didn't deserve such a confession. He didn't even deserve a romantic interest actually.
We talked again a bit after that (he needed to ask me something, again) but I voluntarily distanced myself and stopped showing signs of affection when we'd talk, and he was distant too. I was feeling like he was using me. I was very neutral, sometimes a bit disagreeable... I was tired of being so hurt and mistreated. I could feel things were weird, awkward, disagreable in our interactions, the little sparkle was gone i guess. It's been 10 months and we haven't talked since then. He said he should talk to each other again and stuff but I don't know if he meant it -his tone was very neutral, almost professional - and he hasn't even asked for news since then, not once. His behaviour really disappointed me, I don't feel like contacting him again to be honest. He hasn't apologized about his behaviour, while a year ago we would talk everyday, and he was caring. He knows that I'm in a difficult period and very stressing period right now, he knows I could use his help, but he doesn't try to ask how I am or to offer me support (even if I did support him when he needed me eventhough his attitude didn't quite encourage me to do so).

What do u think happenned , does it look like we're never gonna be in touch again? How can people/guys change so fast, have you ever experienced that and is there anything to do?

jespah

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2016 02:48 pm
@anna18,
He did not make you like him. You did that all by yourself. Your feelings are your own; please take responsibility for them.

If you are suddenly strangers and he is no longer supportive, why hang around? Seriously. You are under no obligation whatsoever to continue anything.

Stop initiating any contact with him. If he contacts you, be your usual friendly self but don't read anything into it. In the meantime, live your life and meet people - including other guys. You'll find you don't miss him.
0 Replies

DJZest

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 04:08 am
@anna18,
Hello,

I started being very-friendly, caring, funny, complimenting, chivalrous, and so on with a married female colleague of mine. Sho consequently fell head-over-heels in love with my perso: She would turn red as a tomato sometimes! Other times she'd burst out laughing like a silly about random animal fail gifs that I showed her lol.

It was the bauty of her femininity that made me behave this way. Even though she's married, in some distant, messed-up way I dreamed about holding her close to me one day (while hanging out in the old-town, "Altstadt" in my city in Germany, but whatever). For months on I gave her what I knew her rather simple-minded husband had no sensitivity for: A sense of building an authentic connection with somebody, uninhibited and pure. At times her entire being would become one of happiness; the way she talked, gestured and texted with me was just "full of life" - and very lovely. I couldn't fathom how someone could become so beautiful. Her face, her body, her soul, her character, all united in one brightly shining girl (I called her sunshine-face) fascinated me. I wanted to see her happy forever - I wanted to understand her by studying her and be close to her for the rest of eternity.

I know I was manipulating her, though, because that's what flirting with a married woman is. There's nothing right or pure about it. Quite the contrary, acturally. Otherwise I would not have told her that I'm worried for her husband; that she might need to let him decide how to spend their time together more (as I knew he is rather passive and clingy). Of course, believing I'm "good", she opens up, cries and tells me that he drags her down for no reason sometimes, to which I would then responded with: "I feel like your marriage is going to become truly beautiful in the future! Don't feel to down about it." and "It'll work out, for sure!"

One day she realized how ill the relationship we had truly is, and became hostile to me - desperately attempting to show me how she acturally hates me now. This was very sudden and surprising, although I understand that I've hurt her badly.

The connections that we built are not severed easily, though, and I often catch her looking at me, reacting to whatever I do. Being a very confident person, I understand how I've become somewhat of a beacon of light in her life - albeit a corrupt one that leads to darkness.

In conclusion, I'd like to say that people will behave in certain ways, or say certain thing, to fill their inner void. You will understand that I used the innate feminine traint of responsiveness to boost my ego. After all, nothing feels better to a man than a pretty woman giving, or even throwing herself at him. But in the end, the true nature of one's character shines through, and one's intentions become revealed.

In your case, the guy was able to act maturely for some time, but becoming more familiar triggered the true nature of his character, which encompasses sillyness and an underdeveloped taste for humor. Perhaps you'd be best advised to stay away from him, as he is not on your level.

Many blessings
DJZ
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 12:14 pm
10 months and no contact?!! - yes, it's over.

So . . . what did you learn from all that?

1. The person must be available to you IN PERSON (no long distance relationships; they just don't work for young people)

2. Express what you want from another person. Young men can't read your mind. Neither can they figure out nuances in texts.

3. It's important to have the same sense of humor with your lover.

4. Nothing cures a broken heart or void like another lover. Try again, this time wiser on your part.

0 Replies