Any favourite Trek quotes, post them here.

cavfancier

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 05:54 pm
Nice one GD. We are all such geeks, but proud.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 05:59 pm
I saw a commercial a while ago that had a pic of Lursa and Bator behind two guys, sort of a news station set-up. It was an ad for TNG episodes on a new channel here. The first guy says "So...."

The other guy says "What?"

The first guy says "Would you?"
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 06:01 pm
Cheers Cav. As I mentioned above, I'm working through the whole of Voyager with my housemate, and never an episode goes by that we can sit and watch in silence. Something always makes us laugh, cringe, or pick faults.

(like, why does the shuttle craft not have any seatbelts or rations?).

(And what sensible military establishment like the Star Trek fleet would send the 6 most imprtant people on the ship on the same dangerous away-mission?)

Still love it though. :wink:
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 06:02 pm
Who are they? I've always been bad with names... John.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 08:34 pm
The ferengi are the only alien humanoids that differ significantly in form and regularly appear in episodes. It makes me wonder what their plantet is like. They're rather small in stature—large planet with more gravity? They have large ears—thin air that doesn't conduct sound as well? And what do they eat with those teeth?
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 08:44 pm
coulber:

Remember, in Ferengi society the women helps to chew the mans food.

I believe that popped on in a DS9 ep.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 01:24 pm
Well, I didn't know about the women chewing the men's food. Yuck! Were the teeth naturally pointed or were they filed? What did their evolutionary ancestors eat? I wonder if that ever was discussed, or can we speculate about it?

The ferengies were some of the most interesting characters in Deep Space Nine, along with Odo, uniquely creative on the author's part.

Perhpas somebody could refresh my memory on what year DS9 started. I ask this to see if there is any possible correlation between the avariciousness of the Ferengi and the Reagan era when egocentrism seemed to grip the country and become almost acceptable. I mean even by today's standards the Ferengi are greedy to a repellent degree, though laughably so, but such an egocentric species would have been unthinkable before the Reagan era.

lSomebody mentioned the lack of seat belts on the shuttle craft. I've wondered the same thing on the mother ships. I realize that normal dampening precludes the need for belts in most cases, but there are times when the crewmen are thrown around the ship, and they would have come in handy. In the original Star Trek series, sometimes Enterprise would tilt back and forth and the crew would run back and forth across the floor in response to the tilt. These scenes are hilarious to watch, and simple seatbelts would have cured that.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 04:36 am
Voyager Series 3 - "Forgotten Son"

The Doctor: Ah yes. <smug grin> Yet another patient I've snatched from the jaws of death.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 04:46 am
coluber, the US airdate for the pilot episode of DS9 was January 2nd, 1993. However, the Ferengi first made their appearance on Star Trek: TNG, early in the series, on the episode The Last Outpost. Originally, they were conceived as an alien threat meant to rival the Klingons, but later became more comical figures.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 08:22 am
Actually, the Ferengi were thought, at least by the Sci-Fi community at Roch. Inst. Tech, to represent capitalism to to extreme.

The Borg were the ultimate Communists.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 08:30 am
The Borg knew the Ferengi as "Species 180." Yes, the Ferengi were supposed to represent extreme capitalism. Now the Borg, if they were conceived as the 'ulitimate communists' could also be considered the 'ultimate fascists'.
0 Replies

aftermath16computerWHIZ

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 09:19 am
WDF?? u guyz are serious geeks
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 09:23 am
WDF?? u guyz are serious geeks

SIXSHOT IS COOL!!

How incerdibly coherent! This thread was incomplete without your input. Thanks, and welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 11:54 am
Cav you just seem to have a certain way with people... unblieveable.... as for that idoit... who puts WHIZ in a name? unless you invented cheezeWhiz and i dont think he did
0 Replies

Ghostcat

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 11:05 pm
Ferengi Teeth
Ferengi are insectavores, not sure where I heard that.

I'm just your average Trekky fan, never been to conventions or anything... I guess I'm a semi-nerd Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 04:32 am
Ghostcat, as much as I love Trek, I wouldn't be caught dead at a convention, especially in costume. Laughing
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 12:59 pm
come on cav we all know you got a borg costume in your closet
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:01 pm
Seed wrote:
come on cav we all know you got a borg costume in your closet

No, it's an actual borg....in suspended animation....I'm just waiting for the right moment to use it, muahaha....
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:14 pm
oh man.... then what do you call those tapes with the dirty pictures on the covers that i found above the "costume?"
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:18 pm
They belong to the wife. We don't talk about such things publicly.
0 Replies