Any favourite Trek quotes, post them here.

Equus

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 09:18 am
Last time I was in Las Vegas it hadn't opened yet. And me without my time portal. Darn.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 06:57 am
A few from DS9:

"I'm a doctor, not a botanist." -- Dr. Bashir (The Wire)

"I have a dream; a dream that all people -- human, Jem'Hadar, Ferengi, Cardassians -- will someday stand together in peace... around my Dabo tables." -- Quark (The Search)

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak (Improbable Cause)
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 07:32 am
(Voyager, S2, "Lifesigns")

DANARA: Your technique is very impressive.
DOCTOR: It's all part of my programming. For example, this exact procedure was developed by Dr. Leonard McCoy in the year 2253. I'm equipped with the collective medical knowledge of more than 3,000 cultures. Additionally, as you see here, my imaging system allows me to perform, and in many cases improve upon, the most delicate tactile maneuvers required by a, a dizzying array of surgical procedures.
DANARA: Incredible.
DOCTOR: It is, isn't it?....

I love the Doctor. Never shies away from an excuse to tell everyone how good he is Smile
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 07:41 am
Ahh the Doctor...

"The procedure is quite simple. I'll drill an opening into your skull precisely two milimeters in diameter and then use a neuralyte probe to extract a sample of your parietal lobe weighing approximately one gram" -- The Doctor

"It doesn't sound simple to me. I still have nightmares about what those people did to me. And now you want to crack open my head, cut out a piece of my brain, and give it to her" -- B'Elanna

"Your experience in the Vidiian prison suggests that Klingon DNA is resistant to the Phage. Losing a small amount of neural tissue is inconsequential" -- The Doctor

"Not to me, it isn't" -- B'Elanna (Lifesigns)
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 07:57 am
He's my favourite Voyager character (apart from Kes & Seven-of-Nine, but that's for different reasons...) :wink:
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 07:58 am
Kes is my dream wife. Wink
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 08:01 am
She has a very elven look. Gorgeous.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 08:02 am
She's also so nice, and so supportive....well, her character is...I'm not so far gone that I believe she's real. Laughing
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 08:04 am
Have you seen her in anything else apart from Voyager? I'd like to check her (other work) out...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 08:05 am
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000497/
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 08:19 am
Cheers Cav. I've seen American History X at least twice, adn I never recognised her. She looks even better with long hair, I think.
0 Replies

buzz

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 01:05 pm
Grand Duke wrote:
I've seen American History X at least twice,

It was on BBC TV ON Sunday recognised her immediately
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 01:06 pm
She does look nice with long hair. I think even on Voyager she had long hair for a while.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 08:05 am
Still on the Star Trek theme, which is your favourite 'version'? I've got to go for Voyager I think. TNG was getting there, but they had a long way to come from TOS so I'll let them off. I was put off DS9 by a lack of explosions and space battles, but I've only seen about half of them and that was a while ago. Enterprise is quirky, and it's always good to see Scott Bakula (sp?) finding gainful employment after Quantum Leap, but it just didn't 'do it' for me.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 09:23 am
i wasn't a trek fan at all until Enterprise...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 09:27 am
Next Generation, hands down.

(OK, I haven't seen Enterprise yet.)
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 09:31 am
Yep, Next Generation for me too. But then, I have a thing for Patrick Stewart.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 09:38 am
How about the animated Star Trek, circa 1973. Nobody remembers that one. Bad animation, but the stories were often better than the original show. In addition to the original regular cast (except Chekov, for some reason) they had a catwoman who sometimes subbed for Uhura, and a pencilnecked alien navigator (instead of Chekov).
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 09:41 am
What, in your opinion, is the single STUPIDEST trek episode of any series?

The original Trek had some lulus, but my vote would go to the Voyager episode where they find a pickup truck floating in the Delta Quadrant and eventually find Amelia Earhart.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 09:41 am
Yep, that was particularly ridiculous.
0 Replies