Giuliani compares Bush to Winston Churchill

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 01:55 pm
I think he's decisive but has very few ideas of his own. Thus he's a really good handpuppet. Just plant the seed and give him the credit. Voila!
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 02:15 pm
bush is knee-jerk decisive.

example, his decision to head into this war without the support of other countries-- decisive, yes, diplomatic? a smart decision? no.

and, lo, not long after the war looks impossible in terms of ending, we find bush groveling to those voices he ignored, the statesman who said, No. although, he masked the plea for help to cover up making him appear as if he wanted to be bailed out. bailed out, much like all his other business ventures prior to his his presidency.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 03:55 pm
http://csmonitor.com/2004/0902/csmimg/cartoon.jpg

Yes this about sums it up.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 04:01 pm
Gus

Perhaps Giuliani has a wicked sense of humour? He must have known irony like this would go way over the top of Republican delegates.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 05:38 pm
Guiliani is a good friend of Bush. The two have a lot in common. How you can see a man telling the world how highly he thinks of him, and formulate all this nutty conspiracy crap is why nobody trusts your party.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 05:41 pm
That fired at me Sophy?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 05:44 pm
Nah. I don't know your party.

Sorry. I have this terrible habit of not quoting what I'm addressing.

Sorry.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 05:48 pm
Oh Sad

Shame. I kind of liked getting shot at.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 06:09 pm
I was shooting at you somewhere about the Queen. Didn't seem to land well, though.

Bollocks!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 06:14 pm
Quote:
Bollocks!

Shocked

My dear girl.

This language is most unbecoming.

Mr Darcy would not be impressed.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 06:20 pm
I thought he loved me just the way I am.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 06:23 pm
Well I'm sure he does Sophy

Way past beddy boes here nighty night
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 06:27 pm
nite
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 07:06 pm
Sofia wrote:
That would be the only relevant criticism, Au. Can't say he's not decisive--.

Sure you can, he's not decisive. What he is is stubborn. What has he done that shows he is so decisive? Sit in a classroom and read My Pet Goat?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 07:43 pm
once again they make it easy to snipe at bush. i would have been understanding if they had said " hey, i was freaked out." but to keep hearing the "frighten the children" story, i just have to shake my head.

now, true, it was a very long time ago, but i once was a child. when i view the tape, thre's no big flurry of activity and shouting in the classroom, in front of the children. as a child, i don't see myself being permanently scarred by a class guest calmly standing up and saying "gee kids, it's been nice visiting with you", "but i have to get back to work now".

i just say that because the same type of thing happened many times in grade school. one principle i had was mr. mull. he often sat in on classes and read with us. then he'd say gotta go and left. he wasn't the president, but he might as well have been to a bunch of 2nd graders.

on top of all that. andy card's reading of the "pet goat affair" today was totally drama queen.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 07:14 am
Sofia
Quote:

Guiliani is a good friend of Bush. The two have a lot in common. How you can see a man telling the world how highly he thinks of him, and formulate all this nutty conspiracy crap is why nobody trusts your party.

I know you are only pulling our collective legs. You know I am sure that the only thing they have in common is that they are both republicans. Bush is a bible thumping conservative while Guiliani is an NY liberal republican. Rudy is just playing it for all he can get politically and Bush's handlers are doing the same to Rudy.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 01:00 pm
Au, I disagree. (Surprise) If you have to have everything in common to be friends-- there would be no interracial friendships-- no interfaith friendships --...

They were deeply embroiled in sorting NY out after 911-- and I've heard Rudy and W talk about it, and their respect for one another. I don't believe everything I hear--but I believed them about that.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 03:00 pm
Sofia
IMO what they have in common is 9/11. Bush uses it to justify almost everything he does{wrong}. If it were not for 9/11 Bush with his record would not stand a China Mans chance of getting reelected. AS for Rudy the tragedy ended up turning him into a hero. I have heard him called America's mayor. As far as your analogy comparing it with interracial friendships or interfaith friendships, I believe that is way off base. When that friendship blossoms people are emotionally and intellectually bonded. Which in no way is applicable to the "friendship" of Rudy and George? It is based on political expediency only. Those "friendships" last only as long as the need exists.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 03:10 pm
Au--

Do you really see Republicans as such one dimensional caricatures? You've got to know that's not realistic. You don't think people thrown in the middle of such unreal situations can want to do the best they can, and draw from deep within themselves...? Everything is not politics.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 03:28 pm
I see bush as a very dull witted individual who cannot stand alone and is being lead around by the nose. I kept hearing all day that Bush's acceptance speech will be dynamite. It may be since he has a bevy of writers. His greatest effort and input will be his ability to read it. Damn those two syllable words. See spot run.
I want to know when and if Bush is reelected who becomes president.

I should add stupid people do stupid things. In the position he is in we can not afford that stupidity. One Iraq is sufficient.
0 Replies