Giuliani compares Bush to Winston Churchill

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 06:40 am
I know, I know. You just spewed coffee all over your screen when your read that headline, but it's true.

The fact was mentioned in this morning's paper. But there was no mention in the article as to what similarities Mr. Giuliani was seeing.

What do George W. Bush and Winston Churchill have in common.

Churchill had a brain, so we can rule that out.

It certainly couldn't be physical characteristics; their respective bodies and countenance were vastly dissimilar.

Certainly not their oratary skills -- Churchill wasn't discursive.

What then? What am I missing?

Please enlighten me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,505 • Replies: 64
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 06:42 am
All I know is what I posted earlier today here: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32476&start=70
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 06:42 am
... & me, too, please.
0 Replies

PKB

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 06:52 am
Re: Giuliani compares Bush to Winston Churchill
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I know, I know. You just spewed coffee all over your screen when your read that headline, but it's true.

The fact was mentioned in this morning's paper. But there was no mention in the article as to what similarities Mr. Giuliani was seeing.

What do George W. Bush and Winston Churchill have in common.

Churchill had a brain, so we can rule that out.

It certainly couldn't be physical characteristics; their respective bodies and countenance were vastly dissimilar.

Certainly not their oratary skills -- Churchill wasn't discursive.

What then? What am I missing?

Please enlighten me.

Uh. Gus, did you miss out on the whole Republican "mind control" thing? What do you think that big Jumbotron is for? They don't listen to what America thinks because they are so out of touch with them. They feel more comfortable telling Americans what they are supposed to think. Geez!

You know, if it weren't for my "rose colored" glasses I wouldn't be able to watch the "Choke and Puke" formerly known as the RNC. I'd get sucked in like all those poor, poor delegates!

(Delegates stare emotionlessly at Jumbotron whilst speaker shites all over democracy, freespeech---oh yeah, and the Constitution)
Shocked Shocked Shocked "Must support George W. Bush. Must support George W. Bush. All protesters are Democrats. All anarchist protesters are Democrats."
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 06:54 am
didn't churchill drink a lot?
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 06:57 am
I know, i know:

Churchill is "dead"!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 06:58 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
didn't churchill drink a lot?

Well, that they may have in common. Both no longer drink though, Churchill being dead and all.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 06:59 am
Bo pipped me on that joke. Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 07:03 am
Oh yeah I forgot...bush doesn't drink anymore :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 07:05 am
Gus can read?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 07:25 am
I think that only works if you compare Saddam to Hitler -- which I'm sure they do. And Churchill used to complain about the 'appeasers' too.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 07:26 am
Did the pres really say that the war on terror could not be won? I just read that in the faux-onion article posted by cavfancier. Where's the thread on that?!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 07:30 am
Start 'er up, freeduck.

Schwarzenegger speaks today. I'm not sure if I'll be up early enough to catch it, but I'm sure as hell not going to miss Stallone.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 07:35 am
As long as we are comparing current political figures to past leaders...

I think Al Sadr is starting to look an awful lot like Ho Chi Minh
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 07:36 am
cavfancier wrote:
All I know is what I posted earlier today here: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32476&start=70

Yes, freeduck, this was from MyWay news. I was shocked. It seems that Dubya's handlers bent over backwards and took a dildo in the bad place to cover up and 'explain away' what may have been Bush's only honest statement since he was elected.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 07:37 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Did the pres really say that the war on terror could not be won? I just read that in the faux-onion article posted by cavfancier. Where's the thread on that?!

Here is what he actually said, when asked by Lauer if the war on terrorism can be won: "I don't think you can win it. But I think you can create conditions so that those who use terror as a tool are less acceptable in parts of the world. Let's put it that way."

It was a dumb thing to say....the President stepped in it....and it will no doubt wind up in campaign commercials. You can't expect to win the war on terror as if it were a conventional war with a peace treaty or a surrender.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 07:42 am
Winning the war on terror is a goal, nuff said.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 07:44 am
Actually, McG, I agree with you and with the pres on this one. That has been my opposition to this so called 'war on terror' all along. You can't go to war against a concept -- at least not in the conventional sense. If the president was being honest then my respect for him might have just gone up a notch. The problem I still have with him is that many people advised him of this from the get-go and he practically laughed at them. Politically I know it plays badly for him, but honestly it might be the only thing he's ever said that shows he's starting to think.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 07:46 am
The War on Terror will be won shorly after The War on Drugs and The War on Poverty come to completion.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 07:46 am
I know what you mean, FreeDuck.
0 Replies