My boyfriend broke up with me because I want to travel without him

Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 10:45 am
So been with a guy for 1.5yrs he is now moving out of the country where we both live to go back to his home country which is 3hrs away by plane from where we are. He has in the past travelled with his friend just the 2 of them to Amsterdam for 4 days without me and now my friend has invited both of us to join her and her husband on their holiday. He can't go because he just quit his job and is moving and the trip we're invited to is 24th to 30 June and he should be leaving around the same time, but not sure exactly when, could be the 10th July. He broke up with me because I told him I was exhausted and needed this vacay and wanted to go (we've been fighting a lot the past 3 months and I'm mentally and physically exhausted, I faint and have migraines once a week etc).
What would you do if you were in our shoes?

jespah

Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 10:52 am
@Unicorn79,
Go and have fun on my vacation.

That's what I would do.

You are a grown-up. Your boyfriend wanted you to trust him and you did. Now that the tables have turned, he does not do so in return.

So go and have fun. This relationship is not benefiting you any more, far as I can tell. Why think twice?
Unicorn79

Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 10:56 am
@jespah,
Thanks for your reply, but am I horrible as he says I am for wanting to travel around the same time where he is leaving the country for good?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 10:58 am
@Unicorn79,
Go on your vacation.

Relax. Enjoy yourself.

If you're still interested in talking to your ex-boyfriend on your return, you can contact him by phone or social media.

You may discover that things are much better once you've had a chance to have a vacation without relationship stress on top of it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 11:00 am
@Unicorn79,
No. You are not horrible.

He's being inconsiderate.

Don't bother with him til you're back. He broke up with you. No need to continue the discussion about this.

Move on.
0 Replies