The exgirlfriend is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noddy24

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 02:29 pm
Artisticcreations--

Welcome to A2K. You are asking us all the questions you should be asking your boyfriend.

I'm guessing that he kept his e mail correspondence with his ex-girlfriend from you because he didn't want to talk about it.

How did you find out that the two of them were in touch? Do you have any other reasons to doubt his loyalty?
0 Replies

Phoenix100

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:29 pm
Oh honey,

I'm about to give advice that's so hard to take. . .But, trust me--I know from experience that jealousy is a bad, bad thing. I'm the type of person who has never been able to stay friends with an ex--so, I can't understand it in others. But, ALOT of my friends do. I have one girlfriend who not only talks to all of her exes, but even fixes them up with other girls and goes on double dates with them!

The point is that it's easy to assume the worst--alot harder to just trust. But, you need to trust him. If you don't, it doesn't matter how innocent his relationship with her is, YOUR relationship will not work.

Men love confident women. Be confident. Be strong. Have faith that you are 100% better/cooler/etc. than his ex. And trust me, he'll see that too.

The chances are that he wasn't hiding his correspondence with her--he just didn't want to deal with your reaction. Show him that you're mature and aren't going to over-react. If you want to vent or express your fears, do it here. That's what this is for. But, don't let him believe for a second that you're clingy and/or possessive.

Now everything I have just written is total b.s. if there are other issues, i.e. he disappears for long periods, doesn't call when he says he will, has lipstick on his underwear. . .If he's showing signs of cheating (not talking to another girl), then confront him asap. But, if he's just emailing an ex. . .well, you asked him about it. He said it was innocent. The rest is a matter of faith.

Hope this helps, a little bit.
0 Replies