Why does his give me eyes contact ?

Nyxta

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 11:18 am
Hello
I speak about my teacher.

I like him and I tend to look at him because he’s so handsome. And he’s always giving me that look back as if to see if I’m staring at him. He can also hold the gaze if I want to but I’m too shy and intimidated so I look quickly away when he catches me. That’s when we are far away from each other. When I talk to him, he looks into my eyes but I feel like he’s in hurry to break it.

I find it weird because he could ignore me !! He already did that during 1 week (Something happened but not sure if it’s the reason why he ignores me)

Also, he always have his whole body (or at least upper/lower part of it) when far away and it’s not the same when we’re close to each other. But I can be very close to him (even if I suspect he knows I like him) and he doesn’t make a move back.

Also, when I talk to guys that aren’t in my class especially one that is a good friend, he started first to stare at me and when I caught him, he turned his head away.

But I think he knows I love him and I think he’s not interested but why is he keeping the eye contact ? Why does it mean ? I can’t understand. And why doesn’t he tell me “I don’t like you look at me” ?

I forgot to mentionned that before eye contact has increased and I could look at him in the eyes for 4–5 seconds before breaking eye contact. One day, I was talking to a guy, he stared at me and I hold his look then after 4 seconds, he put his head down for 2 seconds.

jespah

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 11:26 am
@Nyxta,
I used to teach.

Teachers use eye contact to try to get the class to pay closer attention. He is probably looking at other people as well but, even if he isn't, he is still just doing his job.

He could be fired for fraternizing with you, particularly if you are underage.

It is pretty typical to have a crush on your teacher.
Nyxta

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 11:57 am
@jespah,
Hi thanks for your answer
But he doesn't do it in class !!
When in class, he tries not to make eye contact with me. Sometimes he does but he does it because he's teaching.
What I'm telling here happens when we're not in class.

We have a room when we can stay when it's the break and in front of it, there's the reception and where you can make photocopy etc..
There, he does it... but in class, it's normal.
jespah

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 12:23 pm
@Nyxta,
It doesn't matter. He can still get into major trouble and lose his job if his relationship with you is anything beyond a cordial platonic one.
Nyxta

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 12:54 pm
@jespah,
you're absolutely right
And that's why I ask Smile
Because I end up school in 3 weeks then I'll go to university
He won't be my teacher anymore.

So I would like to ask if I could do something after ?
jespah

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 02:29 pm
@Nyxta,
If you are over 18, I imagine you could make the effort. But he might be bound even for a while after you're done with school. The school does not want him to be scouring his class lists for possible dates, or for it to ever look like that.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 03:49 pm
Quote:
But I think he knows I love him

You have a crush going on. This is not love. Crushes can be routine for teens.

Some other poster went on and on about eyeballing here, but I forget the user name. Avoid this guy and do some growing up about who people are, unless you live in India, where staring seems to be a big passtime.
0 Replies