A Little Scripture For Our Christan President

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 10:22 am
Who in his Time interview states he has never prayed for Saddam Hussein. Very Christ like, Junior.

Matthew 18:21,22 "Then Peter came and said to Him, 'Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?' Jesus said to him, 'I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.'"

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash5.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,631 • Replies: 58
No top replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 11:50 am
More likely Mr. Bush was thinking of the following verses in relation to the dictator:

Matthew 21:12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

Matthew 21:13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 12:37 pm
JustWonders wrote:
More likely Mr. Bush was thinking of the following verses in relation to the dictator:

Matthew 21:12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

Matthew 21:13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

that scripture does not apply.....and those that suffered Christ's wrath in the temple were the people in charge of it......so perhaps bush should cast his eye inward since he has the audacity to believe himself one of the keepers of the faith.....
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 12:51 pm
I don't doubt that the President's faith is very important to him, as mine is to me. Maybe...just maybe Mr. Bush meant that he hasn't prayed for Saddam.....yet. I know I've been meaning to include even a few from A2K, but somehow keep forgetting LOL.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 12:56 pm
perhaps the self righteous prick should have considered praying about taking us to a bullshit war that cost so much and will continue to cost us for many many years.....I have known many Christians like bush whose faith is important to them as a rubber stamp for their own agenda but little else......
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 12:56 pm
JustWonders wrote:

For one thing bush ain't Jesus. For another Jesus ate with the sinners and the harlots and when the so called good people asked him why he said that the sick need a doctor. (obvious my words)

Only Bush would be so arrogantly stupid as to say something like that out loud to be printed and only a certain type of a republican would defend it.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 01:02 pm
Very obvious.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 01:30 pm
You know when you all make little cutsie come backs like that, I wonder who you are trying to impress and why?

The whole point to bpb thread is that someone who claims to be a christian does not display a christian heart the way he should if he is a christian. Jesus said to love one another so that "men know will know that you are of me." Bush has let his fruit be known as have others. Another obvious paraphrase. Just going be memory.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 04:45 pm
I can't remember where this verse is -- I think in revelation;

And God will destroy those who destroy the earth.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 05:16 pm
FreeDuck wrote:

The Lord has a way of revealing those of us who really know him, and those that don't! Think about it! John Kerry gave a big speech last week about how his faith is so important to him. In this attempt to convince the American people that we should consider him for president, he announced that his favorite Bible verse is John 16:3.

Of course the speech writer meant John 3:16, but nobody in the Kerry camp was familiar enough with scripture to catch the error. And do you know what John 16:3 says?

John 16:3; "They will do such things because they have not known the Father or Me."

The Spirit works in strange ways.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 05:29 pm
Baldimo wrote:
The Lord has a way of revealing those of us who really know him, and those that don't! Think about it! John Kerry gave a big speech last week about how his faith is so important to him. In this attempt to convince the American people that we should consider him for president, he announced that his favorite Bible verse is John 16:3.

Of course the speech writer meant John 3:16, but nobody in the Kerry camp was familiar enough with scripture to catch the error. And do you know what John 16:3 says?

John 16:3; "They will do such things because they have not known the Father or Me."

This is false. Snopes debunks it here:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/bibleverse.asp

Note that this same lie has been told also about both George Bushes and Al Gore as well.

That you copied it whole cloth here, Baldimo ("Think about it!"), suggests that there is someone of extremely low intelligence in your e-mail address book.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 05:32 pm
Baldimo wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:

How do you know that's what the speech writer and/or Kerry meant if it was, in fact, said? You been in his mind through a porthole or sumpin? Razz
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 05:32 pm
I believe Bush is god, I am an atheist.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 05:49 pm
Perhaps Baldimo, the Lord is trying to humble you by allowing you to display such arrogance as to claim to know Him on an international forum, then quoting something 100% wrong.

No superior dance for you Miss Church Lady. Sit down please. Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 05:49 pm
Perhaps Baldimo, the Lord is trying to humble you by allowing you to display such arrogance as to claim to know Him on an international forum, then quoting something 100% wrong.

No superior dance for you Miss Church Lady. Sit down please. Laughing
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:01 pm
I've been looking for the site where Dubya is quoted explaining that he does the things he does, and says the things he says, because God tells him to, without any other reason superceding him believing God told him to. Aren't others equal in Gods eyes? Shouldn't they/we, too, be privy to such divination? Isn't confimation from the body of Christ required for verification? And we get it, where if we get it at all? From the boardrooms of the neocon stringholders? Why not give it to the Pope? Or Pat Robertson? Or somebody/anybody else?
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:04 pm
JustWonders wrote:

The world is not Bush's house, it's just the hotel he happens to be staying in. If he believes there is a hotel manager, then he should have phoned him up and told him about nasty saddam down the corridor, rather than blown up saddam's room, causing a lot of expensive damage.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:10 pm
It's okay agrote, the manager has bushs' spiritual visa number.....he will be billed....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:10 pm
It's okay agrote, the manager has bushs' spiritual visa number.....he will be billed....
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:27 pm
Re: A Little Scripture For Our Christan President
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Who in his Time interview states he has never prayed for Saddam Hussein. Very Christ like, Junior.

Matthew 18:21,22 "Then Peter came and said to Him, 'Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?' Jesus said to him, 'I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.'"

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash5.htm

You're missing the point.

When Jesus made that sort of statement or similar statements about turning the other cheek and what not, there was always a built in assumption, i.e. that everybody in the picture was quasi-reasonable at least and capable of learning from such an example.

All of the original Christians were Jews. Kind of like what I told a buddy of mine once who asked me what the difference was between a crow and a raven: I replied it was like the Masons and the Shriners, i.e. that you had to be a crow for six or eight years before they'd LET you be a raven...

Jesus in fact was telling Jews how to conduct themselves in dealing with other Jews for the most part, at least early on; the idea of preaching the gospel of Christ to gentiles came a bit later.

None of these kinds of admonitions is applicable in the case of outright barbarians like Saddam Hussein. Note the way the admonition is phrased, i.e.

Quote:

"Then Peter came and said to Him, 'Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?' Jesus said to him, 'I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.'"

Notice that you do not read anything like:

Quote:

"Then Peter came and said to him, "Lord, how often shall the barbarian burn our villages, steal all of our chickens and sheep, rape all our women, kill everybody they can get their hands on, pull our city down to the last stone and plow salt into the region, and I still forgive all that ****?" Whereupon Jesus said to him: "Whattsa matter Bubba, ain't you got no sense of humor??"

I mean, copies of the new testament can be found online and aren't that hard to search. Let me know if you can find anything like that; I never have.
0 Replies