iTampons? The Beginning of The Singularity or the Robotocoplypse?

chai2

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 12:20 pm
@tsarstepan,
You said frack

I am totally against fracking. Discuss in context of applicator vs. non applicator tampons.

Cardboard applicator vs plastic.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 12:34 pm
Does anyone else see this as a privacy issue?

Running this application would mean that data about the amount and timing of an intimate biological function is being beamed to your cellphone and possibly to the internet. Knowing what I know about how easy it is to hack into cellphones, I don't see this as a very good idea.

On the other hand. This data might have value to advertisers who could target marketing messages to you based on this information. How could this not be a good thing?

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 01:19 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

You said frack

I am totally against fracking. Discuss in context of applicator vs. non applicator tampons.

Cardboard applicator vs plastic.

Frack or Frak:
Quote:
Sanitized replacement for "****" used on "Battlestar Galactica"

"Aw frack and feldercarb!!!"
maxdancona

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 01:51 pm
@tsarstepan,
How ironic!

You use the word "frack" to express your displeasure that Osso, Glitterbag and I went off on a tangent on your thread. Then, after I write an on-topic post in response, you and Chai go off on a tangent about the meaning of the word "frack".

I love irony.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 08:35 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Or a bleeding fibroid..

Amen sister, and don't forget about the painful wanderings of the uterine lining when it creeps outside it's designated area. Yikes, it's crippling.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 06:40 pm
chai2

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 07:17 pm
@tsarstepan,
Hm..I'm really trying to get the point of this invention.

I mean, as a joke, or humor, sure.

Otherwise, no idea.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2018 07:16 am
@chai2,
You clearly don't have any idea who Simone Giertz is and what her channel's ... modus operandi/raison d'etre.

She gets people interested in engineering (and science through engineering) by making crappy robots. Learning through engineering failures and experimentation.

One of her more notable other jobs is helping Adam Savage of MythBusters fame on his Youtube channel, Tested (similar geek related subjects and flights of fancy).

Even without any context, did you think anyone would possibly invent this contraption for mass production and sales? I hope not. This has far better production value and far less painful earnesty than informercials.
chai2

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2018 09:24 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

You clearly don't have any idea who Simone Giertz is.

Even without any context, did you think anyone would possibly invent this contraption for mass production and sales? I hope not. This has far better production value and far less painful earnesty than informercials.

You’re right. Got no idea who she is.

Also got no idea is this thing could be mass produced, but don’t see why not. It’s simple enough.

I just figured the whole thing was some kind of joke, which I take it is was, because I don’t see how it would be a success beyond a gag gift.

I get it was just a humorous video.
0 Replies