10-year-old boy kills father on custody visit

kathleencollins

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 11:16 pm
Re: sexual abuse
Parental Alination Syndrome in its most severe form. The mother killed a kitten given to the child by the father in front of the children. Mother also killed the father's dog when the couple first separated. Mother made five allegations of sexual abuse against the father, not one allegation was true, not one allegation resulted in a criminal charge, the youngest child recanted as did the older boy. Persistent and consistent emotional battering by mother.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 11:31 pm
who is criminally liable?
Hi kathleencollins: Welcome to A2K.

0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 11:39 pm
How are the kids
What's happening with the case now?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 11:45 pm
Re: sexual abuse
kathleencollins wrote:
Parental Alination Syndrome in its most severe form. The mother killed a kitten given to the child by the father in front of the children. Mother also killed the father's dog when the couple first separated. Mother made five allegations of sexual abuse against the father, not one allegation was true, not one allegation resulted in a criminal charge, the youngest child recanted as did the older boy. Persistent and consistent emotional battering by mother.

Welcome, Kathleencollins.

Do you have some special, and very objective, knowledge of this case, that you are not bound by legal and ethical strictures not to divulge? Or are you repeating gossip?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 12:03 am
hearing
A hearing into whether the 10-year-old will remain in custody is set for Monday. A hearing into the boys' custody is scheduled for later next week in Galveston.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 01:25 am
Possibly - I guess that is the sickened amazement I feel whenever I witness these high profile cases being luridly spurted all over the media in the US. As you may know, this is NOT permitted in Oz - and there is not this horrible publication of rumour and innuendo - and opposing beatifucations and demonizings. The child's goddamned identity - and all details - would be protected, and would only be dealt with in a court of law, not in gutter press and gossip fora.

This protects the victim from true, or false, allegations - as it does the mother - and most of all, the poor damned kids.

But Debra - you seem to assume that Kathleencollins DOES have such intimate knowledge and is a reliable source? Indeed, she may have - but I would like to hear from her about her access to objective information about this case.

It seems ethics in such matters for lawyers and such differ greatly from country to country.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 01:30 am
Pardon my passion - as a child therapist, and human being, I find these ritual public disembowellings by media and gossip so sickening that they make me want to spit.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 01:52 am
Given your background, it would also be good to debate the whole "Syndrome syndrome" with you, Ms Law!!!!!

Man, do I have a LOT to say about that!
0 Replies

kathleencollins

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 08:58 am
Interesting comments
Interesting comments, you have been doing some research. The hearing on the Grandparents motions is set for Thursday, September 16,2004 at 1:30 p.m.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 03:42 pm
1985 case
In a murder case in 1985, David Brown (and his wife's teenage sister, Patti) convinced his 14-year-old daughter, Cinnamon Brown, to kill David Brown's wife (Linda). A sociopath parent is capable of manipulating a child to commit murder.
0 Replies

kathleencollins

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 10:17 pm
amazing
wow, that's amazing. do you practice in Texas?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 01:31 am
Texas
The grandparents (or the executor of Dr. Lohstroh's estate) should also consider bringing a wrongful death action against the mother. . . .
0 Replies

kathleencollins

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 06:49 pm
Good advice
0 Replies

MIRA1

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 12:13 pm
Opinion: Debra Lohstroh should be charged with Murder 1
Unfortunately, the law will not go that far. However, if the DA "ever" reads this message, I certainly hope that DEBRA LOHSTROH is charged with one count of Manslaughter and two counts of child endangerment.

1. It is quite clear that she "brainwashed" the boy (and his brother) to totally hate their father. DEBRA LOHSTROH IS AN UNFIT MOTHER!

2. Did she have the gun locked up? (The answer is unequivocably "NO", which means that she is automatically guilty of child endangerment.

3. FRANKLY, DEBRA LOSTROH NEEDS TO GO TO THE ELECTRIC CHAIR!
0 Replies