Mentally Not Over Ex?

Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 10:41 pm
1) How would you perceive it if you were told someone isn't "mentally over ex?"
2) More specifically, ""I know I've been dragging my feet but I'm just trying to mentally get over my ex. I just wanted to let you know". Now how would take that?

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,424 • Replies: 2
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 05:54 am
Means: I'm trying to work this out in my head, emotionally, get over it; think about the breakup and figure out what happened; fall out of love with my ex.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 22 May, 2016 04:54 pm
@dannmann1992,
I would say it depends on the nature of the person who has said that.

If that person has a very structured, or habit based mind, then it may simply mean they are still trying to get over all the habits that he/she developed with her/him, or over the way of thinking he/she developed with her/him etc.

Or it could be that the person fixates easily (said in a better way 'quickly focuses, but takes a long time to defocus')

Then there's the chance they he/she was quite hurt by the break up, and is jaded/cynical, and knows it - and because they 'know' it, they express the emotional issues as a cognitive/mentally issue.

But if it isn't any of those (or something similar to those), then there's a good chance that when they say 'mentally', they mean 'emotionally', without wanting to say 'emotionally'
0 Replies