Forced to pick up the pieces

Views6

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 04:10 pm
Hey guys, gals. I'm looking to share something very personal about myself. I don't have many friends I can just dump my **** on. So I figured I'd share it with the world "great logic" I figured maybe I can find peace within your responses, so here goes..

I'm reeling over a highschool relationship that never happened. This girl was/is the most precious thing to me. My problem is, since then I have tried forgetting her to no avale. I got married and joined the millitary, a little after highschool. Moved across the country and got deployed. I probably thought about this girl everyday, while building what is now, a ten year relationship with my current wife. Occasionally on a rare and anxious blue moon we would speak on the phone, from thousands of miles away, only I remember that the conversation always felt more and more one sided, accompanied by awkward silences. Completely without my wife's approval. Since then she has found someone else and is happiest as a new mom. On another note I feel dismayed with the guy she ended up with, who is rather lack luster.

Back in highschool she was one grade ahead of me, but she chose me as her prom date. The following year I brought her, I thought for sure we were destined and that God would bring peace to my weary and sad heart. THIS GIRL WAS THE ONE!! On my prom night we walked on the shore, I'll never forget it, we stared into each other's eyes and kissed briefly. My current wife and I had just met the month before. The kiss with my prom date never amounted and my wife ended up as the main girl, but not on my mind. Eventually I broke up with my then girlfriend in one last attempt to profess my infinite love for this highschool crush in probably the longest text message I ever wrote, in the end I settled as her friend. Got married with my wife, and left the east coast. After long months of trainings and deployments I would think of her, wondering why, and it drove me mad, but I held inside? It simmers inside me still. On the other hand I have a loving caring talented and secure wife with fat ass with some pretty good cooking skills and a temper. but still I covet something more than 3000 miles away.

If I were to describe this lingering feeling, it would be that, deep deep inside I believe we were supposed to happen. It's a feeling I can't shake, and it's destroying me inside. My wife is completely clueless about these feelings that I have inside, that I don't REALLY love her and that I'm still balling up at night on the other side of the bed, with a sinking heart that I can't imagine is healthy. My wife and I are in a stage of a relationship when after 10 years, you can appreciate someone for the soul they have inside. Are marriage is going fantastic and I have managed to achieve a pretty successful life by any standards. EXCEPT FOR THIS CLOG IN MY HEART.

Ragman

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 04:17 pm
@Views6,
you had me until you said this:
Quote:
On the other hand I have a loving caring talented and secure wife with fat ass with some pretty good cooking skills and a temper.

You lost any sympathy or empathy in me that you had generated. The callous way you speak of your wife and lack of empathy, caring and inability to deal with reality -- astounds me.

I'll let others comment. I'm outtie here.
Views6

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 04:20 pm
@Ragman,
It didn't occur to me that I'm a bad person.
Ragman

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 04:26 pm
@Views6,
The trouble with people who are narcissists is they lack self awareness and empathy. I don't know what your problem is but you aren't showing caring or the ability to work out your problems with your wife.

The other woman is a mom and in a REAL relationship. That ship has sailed. Attempt to fix what is wrong under your own roof first.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 04:34 pm
@Views6,
I think personally, you have to evaluate your life.

You don't have many friends.
No one really to talk to.
"You always want what you can't have"
The guy she ended up with in your opinion, isn't worth anything.
Your wife, was not chosen for love rather you settled.
You see your career as having a successful life.
Your wife "knows" you aren't totally in love with her.

On a good note you understand a bit about a "soul".

Maybe you need to soul search yourself and give to your wife, as you should be doing, with love and find that because if the other girl was meant to be, she would have been.

I suspect it's a case of " you couldn't have her" and so you want her.

You're married now, have been for 10 years, the person who needs you most given you don't have anyone else, is her.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 04:34 pm
@Ragman,
Agreed.

Seriously, @Views6, if you are unhappy in your marriage, go and get a divorce. Man up and be mature enough to give your wife the chance to find happiness with someone who appreciates her, is honest with her, and doesn't have Buyer's Remorse.

And if you stand outside this other woman's window with a boom box playing Peter Gabriel's In Your Eyes, don't be surprised if she films you with her phone camera, posts it to social media with hashtag #ICantEven and then calls the cops on your sorry ass.

A decade should be the Statute of Limitations on this kind of crap, I swear.
Views6

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 04:39 pm
@jespah,
I never said a lick of this to anyone, the responses are all true, and I'm already feeling relief, thank you sincerely from this sad azz narcicist
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 07:45 pm
@Views6,
Let me add this: Grow up!

An immature, narcissist person hangs on to the drama of a relationship that probably was never that good anyway - she would be with you if it were.

0 Replies