Plan b pill and blood work

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 02:16 pm
Okay so I have been breaking out in hives for about two months now and I finally went to the allergist today. He took blood and did the skin test so he could figure out what is causing this. I also had sex last night and took a plan b pill this morning. If the doctor is testing for infections will he be able to see that I took a plan b pill?

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 02:25 pm
@kynhall04,
Not sure, most of the times blood tests don't test for everything and are looking for specific things so I think it is unlikely, but more importantly I think your concern is in the wrong place. You should be asking if the plan b pill will interfere with the test he is trying to take as some medication does that.

In your shoes I wouldn't worry about the Dr knowing that and would actually disclose it to the Dr to make sure the blood tests are accurate for what you are being treated for. The Dr doesn't care about your plan b pill use and you shouldn't care about your Dr knowing.
0 Replies