Black Sheep Child of Black Sheep Parents

kidqpid

Reply Tue 17 May, 2016 02:03 pm
My dad was the black sheep of his family. My mother was the black sheep of her family. My sister is the white sheep of our family, which makes me the black sheep of our family. Has there been a study of the black sheep children of black sheep parents? I can guess but I wonder why black sheep treat their black sheep children the same way? Do they forget what it was like? It's not like the Munsters at all.

engineer

Reply Tue 17 May, 2016 02:50 pm
@kidqpid,
kidqpid wrote:

My sister is the white sheep of our family, which makes me the black sheep of our family.

No it doesn't. Just because your sister is not a troublemaker, that doesn't mean you have to be one. "Black sheep" doesn't means least favored child, it means someone who is a disgrace to the family. Why do you think you are a disgrace?
kcruikshank

Reply Tue 17 May, 2016 03:38 pm
@engineer,
"I can guess but I wonder why black sheep treat their black sheep children the same way?" In my opinion the parents are not "trying" to treat their black sheep children "the same way", unless a parent makes a conscious effort to change patterns established through generations children are treated or brought up the best way a parent is taught or knows how to. It's sad that terms such as black sheep and white sheep are used when were all human and all going through our own ordeals in life. No one should be treated or feel less than the next person just because of who they are. I don't know how old you are or if you have children but when you do have children you could consciously treat them as if they are already white sheep children and break the black sheep patterns you feel have been created in your family. Just a thought.
chai2

Reply Tue 17 May, 2016 04:11 pm
@kcruikshank,
You didn't even read engineers post, did you?
0 Replies