Protesting at the republican convention

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 01:21 am
Chuckster wrote:

But Walter? BUSH still causes AIDS right?

Did I ever say so? (Or publish such, if you are referring to some of my AIDS-related articles, booklets and pamphlets?)

Bush causes a lot of stomach pain, but AIDS?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 01:23 am
I am interested as a landscape architect, re use of public space... me, a person who has spent years checking out piazzas, where much happened over time.

I most wonder what Olmsted and Vaux (the ever ignored Vaux) would have thought about the use of their constructed park for such episodes. It is possible they'd be for protests being allowed there.

Where I studied, there was teacher who did theatrical presentations with himself as Olmsted. I need to email him and get his take.
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 02:37 am
Bush causes a lot of stomach pain, but AIDS? OKAY already! So the pain didn't get all the way around from the dierriere! Don't you just adore those Landscape Architects and their crowd? Those cute little picnic baskets from Tavern-on-the Green?

And their darling little Pembrokes?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 04:13 am
Foolery will get only foolish attention.

Anyway, Osso, is he still teaching? Do you oft keep in touch?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 05:11 am
Foolery will get only foolish attention.

Sometimes, I suddenly remember some Latin vocabulary - e.g. now "testimonium paupertatis" :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 10:19 am
I don't know, Drom. Will try to check it out in the next few days, as he knew a great deal about Olmsted.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:35 am
It looks like "Carnies Night Out".
0 Replies