Protesting at the republican convention

au1929

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 08:55 am
http://www.nydailynews.com/ips_rich_content/987-home0827.jpg

This is the beginning of the protest of the republican convention in NY.
Does it make any sense to you. It sure don't to me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,503 • Replies: 26
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 09:04 am
What's up with the thong on the one in the middle? Too modest to fully commit?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 09:06 am
Nekkid people = attention, I guess.

(That much seems to have worked.)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 09:10 am
According to other papers, this had nothing to do directly with the convention:
Quote:
At a separate demonstration on Thursday, a small group of AIDS activists were arrested after they stripped naked opposite the site of the convention, demanding that President Bush make good on his promise to help HIV-positive people in the world's poorest countries. They were variously charged with public lewdness, disorderly conduct and reckless endangerment.

The protest began - besides others - with:
Quote:
The DNC2RNC coalition, a mix of environmentalists, labor unionists and community activists, held aloft the red and black standard of the anarchist movement, American flags and a large banner that read "Democracy Uprising" as they wound their way down Broadway, flanked on both sides by hundreds of police officers. The marchers chanted "No Bush, no Kerry, revolution is necessary" and "Drop Bush, not bombs" to cheers from some onlookers.

source: CBS, CBS2 et. al.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 10:32 am
Okay, I admit it. I'll use any excuse to drop trou in front of thousands of people. Don't you think my tan looks great??

Joe
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 10:53 am
Stop AIDS? How is the bad behaviour of individuals somehow the responsibility of the Republican party?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 02:56 pm
That is what makes these protests so meaningless. It is just an occasion that people use to blow off steam. My hope is should they become unruly and distructive the police return the favor in kind and bust a few heads. Just as it is there right to demonstrate it is the peoples right to expect that there property be protected.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 03:02 pm
Quote:
That is what makes these protests so meaningless. It is just an occasion that people use to blow off steam. My hope is should they become unruly and distructive the police return the favor in kind and bust a few heads. Just as it is there right to demonstrate it is the peoples right to expect that there property be protected.

Just a quick question for you, au1929: Is "Cops" your favorite tv show?

Did you see the one episode where they busted up the handcuffed guy?

Great stuff!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 03:05 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Stop AIDS? How is the bad behaviour of individuals somehow the responsibility of the Republican party?

AIDS is bad behaviour? Shocked

(Here in Europe - and I was sure: elsewhere in the world - it is a deadly illness.)
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 03:13 pm
gustavratzenhofer
Live in this city or almost any big city where people get shot and killed on almost a daily basis. And where when anyone gets shot or killed by the police is never at fault and by some miracle is always an honor student or an upright citizen. We destroyed our schools with our permissive attitude shall we do the same to our police force?
0 Replies

im4bigal

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 03:17 pm
protests
I would expect 50% of the protesters to be undercover CIA, police, journalists and Republican dirty tricks types. The same wackos that showed up in Boston last month will be there as well.

The only good thing to be said for the protesters is that, without them, local restaurants would have no business at all that week, with foot traffic being restricted for the regulars that week.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 03:20 pm
Walter Hinteler

Is not aids contacted in most instances through what one could term deviant behavior. I know rotating bed partners is in vogue these days. However, if one wants to indulge it should be with protected sex.
0 Replies

im4bigal

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 03:21 pm
protesters
I suspect the Republicans would be secretly disappointed if no one paid attention their convention. Protesters provide an important source of right wing indignation.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 03:29 pm
au1929 wrote:
I know rotating bed partners is in vogue these days. However, if one wants to indulge it should be with protected sex.

Some tenthousands of babies and children did so and died therefore Question
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 03:34 pm
im4bigal wrote
The only good thing to be said for the protesters is that, without them, local restaurants would have no business at all that week, with foot traffic being restricted for the regulars that week.

Without them it would be business as usual and there would be more business than usual from all the delegates in town.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 03:45 pm
Walter
Agreed however that does negate the truth that it was caused by devient behavior. And as much as I dislike Bush and am at odds with his almost every action. I can not lay the blame for aids at his doorstep.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 04:51 pm
Blood. Got to hurt or kill protestors. Protestors is evil. Hope they sneeze cross-eyed before a cop and get theys heads busted. Snort, hyuck.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 05:10 pm
Just so you know: employees in the Fashion District (roughly Seventh to Eighth Avenue from 34th Street to 42nd Street) which includes the area of Madison Square Garden and it's environs, have all been given NYC IDs to carry and letters of identification from their employers. Lunch and dinner deliveries are being discouraged or forbidden for the week of the convention.

Most upper level people are headed for the Hamptons or points North.

It will be great week to get a seat at the Union Square Cafe.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 06:18 pm
the cliche "life is like high school seems to apply here. in other words, if i were still that age, i'd think they were pretty cool.
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 12:07 am
Dear Walter: Thank you for the AIDS update.
( And here we thought it was kinda like a head cold caused by flaming interior decorators.)
But Walter? BUSH still causes AIDS right?
0 Replies