Is it my fault or his?

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 02:07 am
We have been together for 1 year now. Recently, we've had an argument. Something really bad happened to me and I was on the verge of breaking down so I texted him repeatedly - only to find no replies again and again. I was mad and truly disappointed so I expressed my feelings when he replied. I found out that apparently, he had been playing games and despite seeing my message, he replied a sentence and continued playing instead of waiting for my reply to see what exactly happened. However, after expressing my displeasure and disappointment, he did not feel that he was in wrong. I said he was inefficient and afterwards, he started giving me sarcastic replies like "wait trying to be inefficient". He hasn't replied me in two days. Am I really in the wrong? I just wanted someone I love to be there y'know...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 423 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 07:44 am
@bananamilkshake,
He sounds like a passive-aggressive jerk.

Forget fault. You sure you want to be with him?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 07:51 am
I don't know WHAT you texted him, I'm curious.

His mistake was telling you that your needs come after his game playing, but for some reason, he didn't get it that there was a REAL emergency.

Some guys are not good with supporting a woman at the time of her need. They see it as all drama and don't want to get pulled into it.

Perhaps he was the wrong one to go to at that time.

Now you know what he responds to and at what level you can depend on him for. That's why they say, Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus (read the book)

0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 12:52 am
@bananamilkshake,
Fault doesn't exist here, just cause and effect.

As an example, I wonder what would have happened if you had called him, rather than texted. Would the outcome have been different to what it is now?

------------------------------------------

In any event - how things were handled...

Certainly it would be hurtful if, having done nothing other than not seeing texts, I got yelled at and blamed by a love one - for not seeing the texts...

...just as it would be hurtful, after a major emotional upset, my loved one could not understand, and started attacking me with sarcasm.

--------------------------------------------

Is there blame there? No. Just personal responsibility for poor handling of things - on both sides.

If, when things go wrong, we take time to step back and ask ourselves 'why is this person that loves me attacking me'....and we take the time to truly try and understand why...usually we can arrive at a conclusion that helps resolve the conflict.

Hope it helps.

0 Replies