Need Friend Advice

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 09:12 pm
Long story short, my problem is that my friends won't invite me to do anything with them. I'm in my freshman year of high school and I've always had plenty of people to talk to at school, but no one has ever really included me in their tight-knit friend groups. I've never really had a best friend except one girl name Jane, but she was very clingy and obnoxious so I didn't like her. I've always had plenty of friends, but I was never super close to any of them. It's gotten a lot worse this year because everyone's friend groups are getting closer and more exclusive, and I'm not a part of any of them. People will make plans right in front of me and not invite me. A bunch of my friends have a group chat texting message and they talk about it in front of me, but they've never invited me to join it. A bunch of my friends even had a party on my birthday without me, so I just sat at home and did nothing on my 15th birthday while I saw all their posts about the fun there were having. It's only getting worse, and I don't know what to do. Any advice? Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 337 • Replies: 4
No top replies

chai2

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 09:16 pm
@Knudsenak,
Have you ever invited them to do something with you?
Knudsenak

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 09:19 pm
@chai2,
Yes actually. I invited a bunch of people to go ice skating one day, but no one showed up. I sat at the ice rink for an hour waiting for people to come, but everyone canceled last minute on me. I think they all hate me.
chai2

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 09:34 pm
@Knudsenak,
If they hate you then they aren't your friends.

You'll have to seek out other people.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 07:58 am
Agree.

Why try to make this work when it simply does not?

THESE people are not your friends, and have shown you that they really don't want to be that close to you. SO WALK AWAY.

I bet if you looked around, there are some people who would be QUALITY friends with you. Start with one, then build it up.

You are going to have to work to make this happen. Don't sit there and expect people to come to you with "friendship" in their hands as a gift. That has to be earned and cultivated to work.

Good luck - see this as an adventure.
0 Replies