How different is the world nowadays to how it was in say, 2000?

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 04:35 am
Vinyl, as LPs are now called, has enjoyed a big comeback. Stores which sell audio equipment have been doing a land office business in turntables. In the 60s, my grandmother commented that people had worn what we then called bell-bottoms in the 1920s. Everything old is new again . . .

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 04:41 am
@tommyirish2,
If we could give a metaphor in years 200 years have past in the last 16...
0 Replies

ilikeyou

Reply Tue 17 May, 2016 11:53 am
@tommyirish2,
Global problems in the world remained and even worsened. My world has changed significantly since I went to school in 2000. And now I have a higher education, church, family, children. A society in which I live use the Internet and technology, and has come during the phasing out of depending on the TV, the games in the phone.
0 Replies

rubbywilliams

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 12:14 am
Now everything looks too fast. Media of every type has made a tremendous progress.
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 12:43 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

There's a whole lot more Internet now. And two fewer World Trade Center buildings.

Ouch! Thats where real world began for me...fewer big towers in NY. Politics was no longer a "who cares" issue after that. My sons baby book records the collapse of those towers...watching the news 12 hours a day. CNN never had bigger ratings. It was crazy, watching it live and not knowing why. I remember the Y2K fear, that computers would crash and that seems such a silly thing compared to 9/11 and the awful aftermath of it.
0 Replies