My guy friend is messing with my head.

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 04:45 pm
I'm 16 and I'm friends with this guy I really like, he flirts with me and hugs me and stuff, but recently for some reason he has been flirting with one of my friends while "talking/flirting" with me.

In class he will flirt with me and I'll constantly make conversation and you can see that he is trying. But then at break he goes to the other girl and flirts and hugs her? I just want to know if he likes me, if he's just having fun or if he is just a "player".

By the way I have also tried cutting him off and talking to him less but he tries harder and flirts with me when he recognises that I'm distancing myself. I just don't want to get hurt.

Ragman

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 05:00 pm
@Kat337LL,
Go a bit more casual, if you can.

Most likely because he's only 16 that he's likely a game player. Now that doesn't mean he's not interested in you, also. If you haven't dated..or the equivalent...just keep it casual and ignore his other flirtations. It's all a game to him. Play the game or bow out totally.
Kat337LL

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 05:03 pm
@Ragman,
Ok thanks for the advice, I'll be more casual and see how it goes. If he keeps flirting with that girl then I'll just leave it at friendship.
Ragman

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 06:01 pm
@Kat337LL,
good choice. I wish you good luck.

Play the field. Often times it's far more interesting that way. Many boys at 16 are trying things out..including flirting. Trying out their power, so to speak. Step away from all of that..and be a bit more mysterious.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 07:16 pm
@Kat337LL,
Kat337LL wrote:
I just want to know if he likes me

if you're interested in him, you have to talk to him. not flirting and hugging and stuff. talking.

right now it sounds like he's being playful and flirty and not showing a particular interest in anyone. why would he do so if no one lets him know they're interested in him?

interested? ask him out
Kat337LL

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 01:25 am
@ehBeth,
Yeah I'll talk to him when I feel like it is the right time, thanks for the advice.
MSIP

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 11:36 am
@Kat337LL,
actually I'm 16 too so in my opinion for a guy in this age is difficult to stay his heart on one girl and love is in some causes . If you like him so much so you need not to shy you should ask to him by face that " what do you want to me ?" . hehehe
0 Replies